F1 2020 Season

pauldyson1uk

Delighted as a Mclaren fan - feel like Justice has been done a little bit. Thank god Lance stroll is absolutely useless otherwise they would have had 3rd easily :lol:

the extra cash could prove massive especially in these tight cash flow times.

@Asger @Zlaatan

glad we’ve got some more f2 converts! Give f3 a go also, it’s just as bonkers and they race each other really hard each week. Being a control formula there’s always different winners most weeks too.

shame they won’t be on the same weekends as the f1 anymore though.
I have watched a few F2 races, really good , also seen a few bad crashes, not good.
I think I will watch more next season.

muller

I was busy playing football/breaking my ribs yesterday so I missed the race.

Initial "don't bother, it was dull" advice from my Dad. Hamilton illness aside, has there been a reason why Mercedes couldn't do much? Know they were on their last power unit but everyone else was too? Or was Max just too good and consistent?

Next season could be good.. but there's a new thread for that :)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I was busy playing football/breaking my ribs yesterday so I missed the race.

Initial "don't bother, it was dull" advice from my Dad. Hamilton illness aside, has there been a reason why Mercedes couldn't do much? Know they were on their last power unit but everyone else was too? Or was Max just too good and consistent?

Next season could be good.. but there's a new thread for that :)
Think it was a case of a few multiples.

1. Red bull were just genuinely quick, especially in the 2nd sector where it's important on that track (before+including the straights)

2. Clearly they had the boost pressure turned down so lacked the usual top end grunt they'd normally have.

3. Yas Marina is a notoriously hard to overtake circuit for modern f1 cars. Unless you're clearly faster than the other car and can get within the DRS zone, you aren't over taking.

Verstappen was quick enough to keep them at arms length all race, and with Hamilton clearly not fit enough to race properly, there was no real threat.

4. Only 1 pit stop so no real stategy changes, on other tracks they'd use Bottas to push Verstappen and let Hamilton look after his tyres and go longer - not possible here.

muller

Think it was a case of a few multiples.

1. Red bull were just genuinely quick, especially in the 2nd sector where it's important on that track (before+including the straights)

2. Clearly they had the boost pressure turned down so lacked the usual top end grunt they'd normally have.

3. Yas Marina is a notoriously hard to overtake circuit for modern f1 cars. Unless you're clearly faster than the other car and can get within the DRS zone, you aren't over taking.

Verstappen was quick enough to keep them at arms length all race, and with Hamilton clearly not fit enough to race properly, there was no real threat.

4. Only 1 pit stop so no real stategy changes, on other tracks they'd use Bottas to push Verstappen and let Hamilton look after his tyres and go longer - not possible here.
Makes sense, thank you for that. Wondered if there was a bit of apathy, despite it being a bit of a rubbish final circuit.

Bring back Brazil!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Hamilton admits he feels "destroyed" and "not good" after race return following Covid-19
He should have not raced, should have took the rest.
Think we had this conversation earlier in the week - but i'm amazed they let him return so fast. When you get the full blown COVID it's absolutely draining for months. Good job they've got 3 months to rest now.

Fantasy League Winner 2020

pauldyson1uk

Final Fantasy League table of the season.
I had a mare, never got out of the bottom 3.
Well done to @Impulse on winning this season.

I will do it again next season, hopefully will get a few more.

1st
impulse​
1492​
2nd
venkman​
1478​
3rd
dargonk​
1408​
4th
f-red​
1338​
5th
balljy​
1319​
6th
evan7788​
1305​
7th
coleworld​
1302​
8th
pauldyson1uk​
1268​
9th
jurim​
1105​
10th
senorgregster​
997​

keithsingleton

Final Fantasy League table of the season.
I had a mare, never got out of the bottom 3.
Well done to @Impulse on winning this season.

I will do it again next season, hopefully will get a few more.

1st
impulse​
1492​
2nd
venkman​
1478​
3rd
dargonk​
1408​
4th
f-red​
1338​
5th
balljy​
1319​
6th
evan7788​
1305​
7th
coleworld​
1302​
8th
pauldyson1uk​
1268​
9th
jurim​
1105​
10th
senorgregster​
997​
What is this Paul?

pauldyson1uk

Fernando Alonso left his mark on the final day of track action in F1 2020 by topping the timesheets in Abu Dhabi's 'young driver test' for Renault.

The double world champion, who is returning to the grid next season after two years away, had been given special dispensation by the FIA to run in the one-day test despite his vast experience, using it as crucial preparation for 2021.

And as well as racking up over 100 laps, Alonso set an impressive fastest time of the day, a 1:36.333 - which was faster than what Esteban Ocon and Daniel Ricciardo managed in the RS20 in Yas Marina's qualifying last weekend.

"It was good and very nice to be back in the car especially with the race team," said Alonso after his first official day in the 2020 car. "I've been testing the 2018 car in preparation but this one felt a bit more serious and it ignited a little bit the competitive spirit. It was great to feel the modern cars and experience what they can do.

pauldyson1uk

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Fernando Alonso left his mark on the final day of track action in F1 2020 by topping the timesheets in Abu Dhabi's 'young driver test' for Renault.

The double world champion, who is returning to the grid next season after two years away, had been given special dispensation by the FIA to run in the one-day test despite his vast experience, using it as crucial preparation for 2021.

And as well as racking up over 100 laps, Alonso set an impressive fastest time of the day, a 1:36.333 - which was faster than what Esteban Ocon and Daniel Ricciardo managed in the RS20 in Yas Marina's qualifying last weekend.

"It was good and very nice to be back in the car especially with the race team," said Alonso after his first official day in the 2020 car. "I've been testing the 2018 car in preparation but this one felt a bit more serious and it ignited a little bit the competitive spirit. It was great to feel the modern cars and experience what they can do.
It's a joke he is in the test in the first place.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

Noting that the track has considerable more rubber than during qualifying after the race and therefore grip will be higher.