F1 2020 Season

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Rumour has it that there is a clause in Perez's contract which will help an easier exit. I could see him going to Haas next season and replacing Grosjean.
Would make sense to have a Mexican driver with Haas given their market and what I assume is the deeper pockets of Perez' sponsors.

Leg-End

Can totally see Perez at Haas but I'm not sure how much longer Haas are going to stick at it.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Or why can't they just have Stroll at Haas for 1 year while Perez contracts runs out and have him join the team again in 2022.

They don't need to buy out Perez's contract and it builds more momentum for the team while they can still get away with being pink Mercedes.

So 2021: Seb/Perez
2022: Seb/Stroll

F-Red

Can totally see Perez at Haas but I'm not sure how much longer Haas are going to stick at it.
A while yet I think, the new regulations will help even the field and the cost cap will work for teams like Haas.

Or why can't they just have Stroll at Haas for 1 year while Perez contracts runs out and have him join the team again in 2022.

They don't need to buy out Perez's contract and it builds more momentum for the team while they can still get away with being pink Mercedes.

So 2021: Seb/Perez
2022: Seb/Stroll
Stroll will be going nowhere, his Dad owns the team.

vangagal

Lawrence Stroll must realise that his son just bang average driver compare to others mid team. He can't passed Ricciardo for almost entire race in slower car while Perez did it with ease.
He know it but he wont do whats right for the team maybe.

F-Red

Lawrence Stroll must realise that his son just bang average driver compare to others mid team. He can't passed Ricciardo for almost entire race in slower car while Perez did it with ease.
I think the move they're making is right for the team, I don't think Perez is necessarily going to progress them any further. Vettel will, but it's clear they need a number two driver which Stroll will happily do at the moment. I don't think Perez will settle as a number 2.

Russell confirmed for Williams in 2021 in other news.

RedFish

He'll do whatever the feck he wants. That's what rich people do, and this cn is no different.

NWRed

I think the move they're making is right for the team, I don't think Perez is necessarily going to progress them any further. Vettel will, but it's clear they need a number two driver which Stroll will happily do at the moment. I don't think Perez will settle as a number 2.

Russell confirmed for Williams in 2021 in other news.
How do you know Vettel will perform better than Perez has? Vettel's only successes came in an era where he learned to use the exhaust blown diffuser better than his teammate. Since then Vettel has been comprehensively outperformed by both Ricciardo and Leclerc, and given he was approx 10kg lighter than Webber, worth an average of 0.3 seconds per lap at the time, the only team mate you can honestly say he has outperformed is an ageing Kimi.

I also don't see why the team needs a number 1 and a number 2. There's nothing wrong with have two equal drivers, which is presumably what, in theory, Racing Point are doing now.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Racing point are going to get 2nd row at least they really look good.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
That lap from George Russell, bloody hell. Tracks clearly improving but still.
Indeed.
He is doing everything right and to the very best of his great ability.
I am sure some of the bigger teams are taking notice.
Although I understand he will be at Williams next season.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I hope going out on Medium's backfire on the Racing Points :lol:

pauldyson1uk

Qualified for Q3.

Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes

Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes

Max Verstappen, Red Bull

Charles Leclerc, Ferrari

Lando Norris, McLaren

Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari

Lance Stroll, Racing Point

Carlos Sainz, McLaren

Sergio Perez, Racing Point

Pierre Gasly, AlphaTauri

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
Funny how Albon was looking better in the Torro Rosso than Gasly in the Red Bull, and then they swap places and now Gasly looks better.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Just give both titles to Merc and tell them to feck off, it would be one of the most interesting seasons ever seeing how close it is between the rest of the field.