F1 2020 Season

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is ridiculous, so Mclaren now get penalised for no fault of their own. Pisstake.

redshaw

Shame they couldn't have done that before all the European based teams turned up.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I think the last part is bias speaking. Schumacher has been credited with literally turning around Ferrari's fortunes as he was relentless in the pursuit of perfection and there are numerous stories of him working closely with engineers and the guy won 7 championships, 2 of them not with a dominant Ferrari. Yet you think it's Lewis who is the best all round you have ever seen? That surely cannot be something you truly believe unless you weren't around watching F1 when Schumacher was driving.
I can assure you my friend that I was about and an avid watcher of F1 when Schumacher was dominant.
And yes he was quite brilliant.

But as my wording said, in my opinion Lewis Hamilton is a better all-round driver.
My opinion is biased on the range and depth of Hamilton's abilities which are exceptional.
Especially when he is not the quickest. He still manages a good points outcome.

NK86

I can assure you my friend that I was about and an avid watcher of F1 when Schumacher was dominant.

But as my wording said, in my opinion Lewis Hamilton is a better all-round driver.
My opinion is biased on the range and depth of Hamilton's abilities which are exceptional.
That's ok. You can believe that but please don't tell me it's not a nationality bias especially of the last point you made which is hilarious as Schumacher of winning in cars which was not the outright fastest on the grid.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

That tends to come when you're driving one of the best cars on the grid and reliability in F1 has come such a long way that it's very hard to judge drivers across the different eras anymore.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster

I’ve said it multiple times and I’ll say it again, the likes of Prost, Senna and Schumacher would crush Hamilton. He’s not even remotely close to any of them.

RedFish

Exactly. Hamilton hate for this reason makes no sense.
Yep, nonsensical. They just dont like him. Which is fine, whatever you know. But if I don't like someone, driver, I dont try and justify it by some bullsuit like him chatting shit on radio. Lool, okayyyyyy!!!

Rooney1987

That tends to come when you're driving one of the best cars on the grid and reliability in F1 has come such a long way that it's very hard to judge drivers across the different eras anymore.
The 2009 Mclaren might be an all bad F1 car considering the talent behind it, he continued to get the car in the top points. 09 might be one of his most impressive seasons. Outside of 07/08 Mclaren weren't great, 09 as I said was a disaster and the rest of the years midtable at best yet he still got wins. If you put Lewis in that 2018 Ferrari I bet you they win that title, fact he won that title and Bottas was 5th in the same car should tell us how good he is.

F-Red

Where're you getting it from? Because there's still no official announcement as far as I can find.
A reliable journalist. There isn't an official announcement, but this journalist has some of the most reliable sources in the paddock.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Yep, nonsensical. They just dont like him. Which is fine, whatever you know. But if I don't like someone, driver, I dont try and justify it by some bullsuit like him chatting shit on radio. Lool, okayyyyyy!!!

So it's fine to not like a driver but not if it's because of how the driver acts and the context around it? Alright then.
This seems to have struck a nerve in here and I don't really get why, surely any F1 fan would've heard about this being one of Lewis' "issues" before. Toto Wolff has commented on it several times.

For what it's worth, I appreciate and like Hamilton more today than I did 5 years ago, and the only thing that's changed is that he's proven that he's one of the best drivers ever. He still whines just as much today as he did before and if I or anyone else in here didn't like him for some other reason I'm sure we would give that as an example instead, but that's obviously not the case.

Leg-End

It’s so F1 that people still don’t know if this is happening or not, they always end up looking stupid

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

I would say unbelievable, but it’s so easy to believe.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Seemingly it might go ahead with just a few teams!
The explanation is that whoever decides to cancel it pays up for the cost of that decision so Liberty are trying not to blink first.

Needless politics at a time like this, surely a compromise should be reached

RedFish

So it's fine to not like a driver but not if it's because of how the driver acts and the context around it? Alright then.
This seems to have struck a nerve in here and I don't really get why, surely any F1 fan would've heard about this being one of Lewis' "issues" before. Toto Wolff has commented on it several times.

For what it's worth, I appreciate and like Hamilton more today than I did 5 years ago, and the only thing that's changed is that he's proven that he's one of the best drivers ever. He still whines just as much today as he did before and if I or anyone else in here didn't like him for some other reason I'm sure we would give that as an example instead, but that's obviously not the case.
But all the drivers moan...like all the time. Must just not like his face or something. Seriously though, he does come across as a pretentious prick when preaching about saving the planet or whatever and then hopping on to his private jet...for instance ...Okayyyy Lewis!!!!! Small shit though, I'm not into his social media because he doesn't interest me as a person, save for his ability as a driver. Much more interesting drivers on the grid or more engaging personalities. YMMV etc.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Why the feck did they fly in in the first place. They have literally just raised far more serious issues and prospects of spreading the virus doing what they've done this week.

Motogp pulled the pin as soon as it became obvious that it would put peoples lives as risk. Why can't F1 stop being a shit show for 5 minutes and put the greater good ahead of lining their pockets for once.

hp88

Madness, no announcement until a couple of hours before 1st practice.