F1 2020 Season

United Hobbit

Forgot this was on, just seen the pictures of Grosjeans car so lucky he walked away shows how good the safety changes have been how did the car get ripped in 2?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
feck me I have never seen a crash like like that in my years of watching F1.

Thank god Grosjean got out of there I hope his injuries aren't severe!

Dan_F

My mate sent me a video of him climbing out of the car, which they didn’t show on tv. Unbelievable.

Abizzz

Wow seeing him climb out of that, incredible. Fingers crossed he didn't get burnt as bad as those pictures look and can recover fully and quickly.

@Dan_F ye sky sports just showed it too.

Leg-End

Haven't seen a close up replay, but how does a car just split in half like that. It is almost cartoon like. Very lucky man
It’s designed to do that, the survival cell protects the driver, it takes all of the engine etc away. It’s very rare it happens though, the impact g force must have been massive

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Seeing him come out of those flames just makes your heart pound. Goodness me he was a lucky boy.
When I first started watching F1, he would have been toast.
Glad those days are well past.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
It’s designed to do that, the survival cell protects the driver, it takes all of the engine etc away. It’s very rare it happens though, the impact g force must have been massive
Ah right, didn't know that. Got to appreciate the engineering in that, considering the forces these things deal with.

Wow seeing him climb out of that, incredible. Fingers crossed he didn't get burnt as bad as those pictures look and can recover fully and quickly.

I would think he wouldn't get seriously burnt at all, his suit and all that would be fire retardant. Looks like he was able to get out of it quickly enough

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Watched the start of this and cannot believe Grosjean's come through that relatively safe. Frightening.
Thank goodness he's fine/

hp88

If this happened at any other point during the race it would have been a lot worse for Roman, that medical car turns up in seconds as it was still following the back of the pack.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.

Apparently just minor burns on his hands?

United Hobbit

Incredible footage but so scary, all those people assisting him deserve some sort of recognition. Just seen a picture of the front of his car, the bit that has ripped away was so close to the section he was in but the Halo bit almost looks undamaged

Why were people so against it? Surely any safety device should be welcomed?

United Hobbit

Just think Roman was sat in that !!
Is that his car or has it been removed?

How could he have the nerve left to get back in an F1 car after that...

Why aren't they starting in the order they were in after the crash? Surely they should be rather than the original order? I don't have the sound on as its on the ipad as we are on the TV with sound

United Hobbit

Have they got a "spare" set of medics etc? The guy they spoke to quite rightly sounded in shock surely he should be stood down for the day to recover?

Oh no we have Stroll upside down! More drama! Again showing the safety of the halo etc

Hephaestus

Is that his car or has it been removed?

How could he have the nerve left to get back in an F1 car after that...

Why aren't they starting in the order they were in after the crash? Surely they should be rather than the original order? I don't have the sound on as its on the ipad as we are on the TV with sound
That's the survival cell in the middle of the picture.
Why did they reset to their qualifying position instead of carrying on from where it was before the red flag?
They didn't reset to qualifying positions, was position at safety car line 2. Dunno why.

United Hobbit

That's the survival cell in the middle of the picture.

They didn't reset to qualifying positions, was position at safety car line 2. Dunno why.
Wow how did he get out it looks like the barrier was encasing him.
Isnt this race usually really boring?!

Hephaestus

Wow how did he get out it looks like the barrier was encasing him.
Isnt this race usually really boring?!
He'd gone through the barrier, one of the reporters likened the car with halo to a snowplough.

Tends to be up and down, been some really boring races here and some more exciting ones, 2014 was great. None like this before.