F1 2020 Season

Tiber

Teams need the money to keep the lights on, Haas and Williams are strapped for cash. While Stroll pumped money into Racing Point after the went bankrupt. Also it's a little rich for Perez to start moaning about pay drivers.
To be fair to Perez, he brings sponsorship but has been a top 5ish driver for a long time

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
To be fair to Perez, he brings sponsorship but has been a top 5ish driver for a long time
Ohh I agree completely, but I would also say Stroll has shown potential to be a good driver too and also deserves his seat in F1. It's doing him a disservice to say he is only there because of money. There's very few in f1 anyway that would come from a comparatively modest background due to the costs of getting there. Hamilton and Vettel being notable exceptions.

I remember before Norris talking down Stroll and saying he never had the advantages of having a Billionaire father, which left a bad taste in my mouth as his father is a multi millionaire and she seemed to discount the value that gave him.

Tiber

Ohh I agree completely, but I would also say Stroll has shown potential to be a good driver too and also deserves his seat in F1. It's doing him a disservice to say he is only there because of money. There's very few in f1 anyway that would come from a comparatively modest background due to the costs of getting there. Hamilton and Vettel being notable exceptions.

I remember before Norris talking down Stroll and saying he never had the advantages of having a Billionaire father, which left a bad taste in my mouth as his father is a multi millionaire and she seemed to discount the value that gave him.
I think there is an enormous gap between someone like Norris who's millionaire dad helped fund his junior career, to Lance Stroll who is only in the sport because his billionaire daddy bought an entire team so he could get a drive, not to mention sacking Ocon in the process.

He has improved, but I would also argue he is clearly the second best driver at the team (despite Perez getting sacked) and some of his better results have been caused by odd quirks of strategy. But hey, I don't claim to be objective on Stroll, I have took a disliking to him since he was a Williams pay driver, long before he became the team owner.

Many reports seem to suggest the new pay driver at Haas has a very dangerous driving style.

Hephaestus

I think there is an enormous gap between someone like Norris who's millionaire dad helped fund his junior career, to Lance Stroll who is only in the sport because his billionaire daddy bought an entire team so he could get a drive, not to mention sacking Ocon in the process.

He has improved, but I would also argue he is clearly the second best driver at the team (despite Perez getting sacked) and some of his better results have been caused by odd quirks of strategy. But hey, I don't claim to be objective on Stroll, I have took a disliking to him since he was a Williams pay driver, long before he became the team owner.

Many reports seem to suggest the new pay driver at Haas has a very dangerous driving style.
He really does. Got investigated for 4 infringements in yesterday's feature race including one, the one with Tsunoda on the pit straight was especially dangerous. Got two penalties taking him to 11 penalty points for the last 12 months, he was let off for the other two which means he is 1 point away from a race ban. Gunther Steiner already seems worried about how he's going to deal with the prick.

He's also a weapon off the circuit, once punched Callum Illott after a session and made the comment "I have a secret about you mate that people might call a coming out" on one of George Russell's livestreams this year. At least it's not Dan Ticktum I guess.

Tiber

Russell isn't always amazing off the line. Hopefully that's just an issue with the dogshit Williams and he can get off to a good start today

Balljy

There is only 20 cars on the track !
Maybe they mean lap 10 cars 2 times or something and then 6 more once? They can't mean they will lap 1 car 26 times as that would mean going over 20 seconds quicker per lap than the slowest car?

Hephaestus

Dream start for Russell, taking the lead and Verstappen taken out by Leclerc and Perez coming together.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
What a start for Russell. I think there was always gonna be an early safety car this race

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
After all the praise on Leclerc and Verstappen :lol:

Tiber

Bottas was really struggling there and will be glad to see the safety car

Balljy

Perez should be getting a big talking to for that one. It was totally his fault and it has led to 3 drivers being out of the race for what is a really amateur mistake.

stu_1992

Great start for Russell. Shame his lead is wiped out by the safety car. Weird incident between the 3 lads there. Particularly Max.

Leg-End

George needs to be selfish, he has a massive chance at a win here now