F1 2020 Season

pauldyson1uk

Easy win in the end for Lewis, one mistake my Bottas and he was in.
Record equalling 91st win, like him or loath him , cant deny he can race.
He will be hitting the 100 next season , there is no doubt of that.

Eirfel GP Result

pauldyson1uk

1Lewis HamiltonMercedes1:28.1451:35:49.641
2Max VerstappenRed Bullfastest overall lap 1:28.1394.470 behind
3Daniel RicciardoRenault1:29.58414.613 behind
4Sergio PerezRacing Point1:29.70016.070 behind
5Carlos Sainz JnrMcLaren1:30.12921.905 behind
6Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri1:30.11022.766 behind
Charles LeclercFerrari1:30.71230.814 behind
8Nico HulkenbergRacing Point1:30.73332.596 behind
9Romain GrosjeanHaas1:31.56239.081 behind
10Antonio GiovinazziAlfa Romeo1:30.90940.035 behind
11Sebastian VettelFerrari1:30.40840.810 behind
12Kimi RaikkonenAlfa Romeo1:30.51241.476 behind
13Kevin MagnussenHaas1:30.45649.585 behind
14Nicholas LatifiWilliams1:31.37754.449 behind
15Daniil KvyatAlphaTauri1:32.21455.588 behind
not classifiedLando NorrisMcLaren1:32.328did not finish completed 44 laps
not classifiedAlexander AlbonRed Bull1:32.330did not finish completed 24 laps
not classifiedEsteban OconRenault1:33.189did not finish completed 23 laps
not classifiedValtteri BottasMercedes1:31.884did not finish completed 19 laps
not classifiedGeorge RussellWilliams1:34.526did not finish completed 14 laps

Tiber

I wasn't able to watch it, did Hamilton win on the first lap as usual? Or did something go wrong with the car again and make the sport look vaguely competitive?

Hephaestus

I wasn't able to watch it, did Hamilton win on the first lap as usual? Or did something do wrong with the car again and make the sport look vaguely competitive?
Nah, Bottas kept his lead well on the first lap but had a massive lock up around lap 15 which let Lewis sneak past and destroyed his tyres. Then a VSC giving him a free pitstop and Bottas' engine issue made it kind of easy for Hamilton with the only drama being the ridiculous safety car late on. Was an interesting race behind.

stu_1992

Some achievement by Lewis all the same, even though equalling the record had been a foregone conclusion for quite some time. Not the best race but it seems I missed the most interesting parts as I missed the first 20 or so laps due to getting the start time wrong.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Interesting results outside the top 2. Gasly high up again, and above Leclerc. Points for Haas and Alfa Romeo.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So whats going to happen with Gasly.... if Red Bull don't give him back the seat....

Robertd0803

Albon getting a 5 second penalty and Kimi getting a 10 second penalty made no sense.

That late safety car and the length of it felt pretty forced.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Never thought I'd see Schumachers 91 wins record beaten. Well its not beaten yet but Hamilton will break it of course.

slyadams

Had a heated debate with a mate today on why Lewis hasn't been knighted, or even moved on from an MBE. It seems inexplicable.

Tiber

Forget Hamilton. Hulk came in at the last second and came 8th after starting in last place? That's amazing

I missed the race and didn't even know that daddy's special boy withdrew!

F-Red

He should be and what is the beef Jackie Stewart has with Hamilton?
Stewart offered to manage/mentor him when he first arrived in F1, to which Hamilton refused and stuck with his Dad. Stewart has had the hump ever since.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Forget Hamilton. Hulk came in at the last second and came 8th after starting in last place? That's amazing

I missed the race and didn't even know that daddy's special boy withdrew!
Based on Marko's latest comments it seems like he is indeed now seriously being considered for the RB seat. That would probably be a way for Max to want to stay since he wouldn't just be getting a solid partner, they also seem to be close buds. Could lead to some hilarious moments on and off the track.

slyadams

Based on Marko's latest comments it seems like he is indeed now seriously being considered for the RB seat. That would probably be a way for Max to want to stay since he wouldn't just be getting a solid partner, they also seem to be close buds. Could lead to some hilarious moments on and off the track.
It would be a very un-RB like move, but it does make sense. He's 33 so is by no means any sort of threat to Max, but he should be quick enough to stay within a pit stop of the leaders, which is what RB need. Presumably Albon down to AT and Kvyat making way (Haas perhaps, unless they fill up with Ferrari academy drivers).

Foxbatt

Stewart offered to manage/mentor him when he first arrived in F1, to which Hamilton refused and stuck with his Dad. Stewart has had the hump ever since.
Seems Hamilton was right to refuse as he is going to set the record.

Stewart is an arse. He had the hump with Senna too. He thinks everybody in the sport should bow down to him.

As to why Hamilton hasn't been knighted... it's not the usual narrative. F1 has never gotten much recognition, and especially not a driver who is known for ruffling feathers. I expect he will get it sometime after retiring.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It would be a very un-RB like move, but it does make sense. He's 33 so is by no means any sort of threat to Max, but he should be quick enough to stay within a pit stop of the leaders, which is what RB need. Presumably Albon down to AT and Kvyat making way (Haas perhaps, unless they fill up with Ferrari academy drivers).
Albon may be screwed all together if Tsunoda is being given a chance soon, even if they dont go the Hulkenberg route. It seems to make sense though - especially for 1 year before the big regulatory changes hit- to put the hulk in that second RB seat and see what he can do.

slyadams

Albon may be screwed all together if Tsunoda is being given a chance soon, even if they dont go the Hulkenberg route. It seems to make sense though - especially for 1 year before the big regulatory changes hit- to put the hulk in that second RB seat and see what he can do.
Tsunoda is a Honda driver, I wonder with them leaving whether the F1 seat is now off the table, I would imagine it is. What's in it for RB?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Stewart is an arse. He had the hump with Senna too. He thinks everybody in the sport should bow down to him.

As to why Hamilton hasn't been knighted... it's not the usual narrative. F1 has never gotten much recognition, and especially not a driver who is known for ruffling feathers. I expect he will get it sometime after retiring.
Probably because Stewart contributed to the sport in a way that Hamilton hasn't and never will regarding safety.

People forget just how important Jackie Steward is to Formula 1. His push for safety in the sport is legendary. Hamiltons actual contributions to the sport aside from being a successful driver are actually not that great and he falls short of even schumacher let alone Sir Jackie. Hamilton's had a great opportunity this year to do something like Rashford, but he's done virtually the bare minimum for the BLM movement considering his standing in the sport and the fact that generally f1 is a rich white family sport.

For him to deserve knighthood, he needs to do more than be the most succesful driver in a 1 horse race.

macheda14

Probably because Stewart contributed to the sport in a way that Hamilton hasn't and never will regarding safety.

People forget just how important Jackie Steward is to Formula 1. His push for safety in the sport is legendary. Hamiltons actual contributions to the sport aside from being a successful driver are actually not that great and he falls short of even schumacher let alone Sir Jackie. Hamilton's had a great opportunity this year to do something like Rashford, but he's done virtually the bare minimum for the BLM movement considering his standing in the sport and the fact that generally f1 is a rich white family sport.

For him to deserve knighthood, he needs to do more than be the most succesful driver in a 1 horse race.
Hi Jackie, big fan. Surprised you’re on the caf, didn’t know you were a united fan.

Also English sportsmen get knighted quite simply for being the best in their sport, it’s happened before and will happen again.