F1 2021 Season

Balljy

There's likely to be a lot less work on the cars during this season due to the focus on rebuilding for the new rules next year so it could be interesting if someone like Redbull starts off strongly.

dinostar77

Ferrari have already stated they will stop work on this years car after 3-4 races *, to concentrate on the new car with the new regs for next season. I expect many to follow suit apart from RB and Mercedes as they will be in the constructors and wdc battles.

* this is not entirely accurate as there dedicated parts for Monaco (steering rack), Canada, Monza etc that are brought every year so they will need some work.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So far it looks like Mercedes/Red Bull are VERY close.

Mclaren with Norris especially is probably .200 behind their overall pace, but my god this is looking like a close one!

The top 10 especially is going to be tightest in history that's for sure. Can't wait :D

Will be interesting to see just how far it spreads once the fuel is completely out and engines up to 11, as nobody in FP has gone faster than what Max managed in testing.

From the times so far i'm going to say it'll be Verstappen, Hamilton, Norris top 3, with Bottas, Perez, Leclerc and Sainz very close.

Alpine look like they're struggling, don't think AM have shown their full pace yet but they look more mid pack right now.

dinostar77

Brundle said Max looks very chilled when he spoke to him and his demeanor. I think he has a championship winning car this year. Hopefully it will be very close wdc.

Leg-End

Bottas was nowhere but race pace wise Ham vs Ver looks on. I’m very pleasantly surprised by McLaren too, this could be tasty.

MTF

Bottas was nowhere but race pace wise Ham vs Ver looks on. I’m very pleasantly surprised by McLaren too, this could be tasty.
It's setting up so good, I just hope it's not all somehow dispelled between tomorrow and Sunday. Bahrain full layout also historically a good track for overtaking and wheel-to-wheel in general, could be a really good one.

Adam-Utd

It's setting up so good, I just hope it's not all somehow dispelled between tomorrow and Sunday. Bahrain full layout also historically a good track for overtaking and wheel-to-wheel in general, could be a really good one.
I don't see how it can't be really. Last year was great, and they're even closer this year too.

I still think Merc/Red bull will be 10-15 seconds ahead of the rest across a race but at least the other teams can keep them more honest.

the midpack fight between Mclaren/Ferrari/Alphatauri/Alpine/Aston Martin is going to be so good.

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
A proper battle between Verstappen and Hamilton would be so great.

Mercedes 1-2 with a couple of tenths tomorrow incoming..

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I think when you go back to early 2000's id be all over this thread - but I lack any love for the sport. I really wish I had it back. I actually worked in F1 with Jordab in 1992 & 96-97.

I went on last night looking to buy merchandise. Thought maybe McLaren, but couldn't hit the buy now. Ferrari ain't for me as I like the underdog. Williams i used admire - can't see if anymore.

If I looked at drivers I probably like Verstappen but no fan of Red Bull. Woukd be great to have Jordan back.
You lived my dream.
I was obsessed with Jordan back in the day. I was at Magny Cour in 2001 and after the race I just stood watching the jordan mechanics, wishing I was that side of the fence.

What was your job with them?

pauldyson1uk

Standings after FP3
DriverTeamFastest Lap
1Max VerstappenVERRed Bull1:30.57711
2Lewis HamiltonHAMMercedes1:31.31614
3Pierre GaslyGASAlphaTauri1:31.58313
4Valtteri BottasBOTMercedes1:31.85516
5Sergio PerezPERRed Bull1:31.90811
6Carlos Sainz JnrSAIFerrari1:32.10816
7Kimi RaikkonenRAIAlfa Romeo1:32.22415
8Esteban OconOCOAlpine1:32.42311
9Lance StrollSTRAston Martin1:32.43113
10Daniel RicciardoRICMcLaren1:32.47712
11Charles LeclercLECFerrari1:32.48217
12Antonio GiovinazziGIOAlfa Romeo1:32.50011
13Yuki TsunodaTSUAlphaTauri1:32.70915
14Sebastian VettelVETAston Martin1:32.75515
15Fernando AlonsoALOAlpine1:32.82015
16Lando NorrisNORMcLaren1:32.86010
17George RussellRUSWilliams1:33.32314
18Mick SchumacherMSCHaas1:33.42215
19Nikita MazepinMAZHaas1:33.62214
20Nicholas LatifiLATWilliams1:33.95916

dinostar77

The onboard with the RB is something to watch. Looks like Max is out for a sunday drive. So planted and responsive. Does exactly what you want it do. Then look at Lewis and Bottas onboards to see their struggles. Looks like new rules favour the higher rake cars. Gonna say Max on P1 by over 0.5 to the Mercedes. Really looking forward to qually.

Tiber

Come on Max, put Lewis in your back mirror and keep him there all season

pauldyson1uk

after watching FP , Max looks like the one to beat and Lewis has a fight on his hands, but we have all seen this before, Merc has not shown all there cards yet, neither have Red Bull, the question is who has more cards to show.
Max or Lewis for Pole, with hardly anything in it
Q3 will be interesting.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
after watching FP , Max looks like the one to beat and Lewis has a fight on his hands, but we have all seen this before, Merc has not shown all there cards yet, neither have Red Bull, the question is who has more cards to show.
Max or Lewis for Pole, with hardly anything in it
Q3 will be interesting.
We will find out if Merc are sandbagging but I doubt it. I suspect it's technical challenges they are facing. However knowing Mercedes, they shall overcome and pronto.

Tiber

Honda have potentially built the best engine in F1, which will be frozen for years to come. Honda have secured a place for an exciting young Honda-funded Japanese driver in a promising midfield team - with a clear route to a future Red Bull seat. Honda are also fecking off and leaving the sport.

One of these facts does not match the others. If they were going to leave, why now? Why not after the Mclaren shitshow? Are they really going to let someone else win with a Honda funded car....again?

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Just managed to get in the fantasy league in time. No idea how it works but sod it should be laugh :lol:

Tiber

Just managed to get in the fantasy league in time. No idea how it works but sod it should be laugh :lol:
Yea I just picked drivers I liked :lol: haven't a clue how you get points for an Aero package!

Tiber

Yeah I just went all out on drivers and skimped on the Aero and Engine :lol:
Think I have Max, Gasly and Danny Ric. Some combo of Red Bull Merc and McLaren on the other bits

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Think I have Max, Gasly and Danny Ric. Some combo of Red Bull Merc and McLaren on the other bits
I'm Verstappen, Hamilton and Gasly. Coincidently the FP3 top 3 :lol:

Got Aston Martin, Mclaren and Redbull on the other bits

Tiber

I was toying between Lando and Gasly
I was going with Lando, but I had 6 million or something left over so went with Danny Ric.

Theres a decent chance Lando leads that team this year imo, hes brilliant.

Adam-Utd

Honda have potentially built the best engine in F1, which will be frozen for years to come. Honda have secured a place for an exciting young Honda-funded Japanese driver in a promising midfield team - with a clear route to a future Red Bull seat. Honda are also fecking off and leaving the sport.

One of these facts does not match the others. If they were going to leave, why now? Why not after the Mclaren shitshow? Are they really going to let someone else win with a Honda funded car....again?
It’s a financial decision, they couldn’t commit any further with covid.

anyway this wouldn’t be the first time they got close to the best car and then quit! Did exactly the same thing with the year brawn bought the car and won. All those ideas were Honda, brawn just carried it on.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
OK top 3 prediction.

Lewis , Max and Bottas , boring I hear you say, but I do think Mercedes have a bit more than Red Bull left.
I'm gonna back Max for pole. He's been so dominant I think even if Mercedes have sandbagged he's still gonna come out on top.

Max, Lewis then Bottas for me.