F1 2021 Season

Jev

He's been quite fortunate in many respects though, the race he went out, Hamilton pressed a button and blew the chance to win, then this race he goes off, his car damaged, and Hamilton / Mercedes stuff up and cost him a more than likely easy win.
Wait, are you arguing that Verstappen was fortunate in a race where he had his race ruined in the first lap in an accident he played no part in and could not have avoided?

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
Let's not forget the Raikkonen's cameo either. Came out of the pits at just the right time to ensure we got to see that Alonso/Hamilton fight. Good job Kimi!

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
We definitely hear more Hamilton radio than every other driver. I wonder why? Are the other messages just boring? I do like to hear the drivers. Just wish it was in real time.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
In the pit yes,but not the formation lap, OK maybe not all Lewis, but he saw themv all pitting and the track was drying.
70/30 Lewis.
He didn't see them all pitting. They were all behind him.

Cock up from Lewis and the team for sure, but its easier for everyone once they see a few cars pit.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
All drivers have a whinge when they're struggling for position. Hamilton is no different, just has a lot of detractors who are predisposed to take a dim view.

LordNinio

No he has not.

In Baku his tyre blows up while cruising to the win, not his fault. Hamilton then makes a mistake on the restart that is entirely his fault. Net gain for Hamilton in the championship standings (-7 to 0).

Today Max is hit by a shunted Norris while in second, not his fault. Hamilton/Mercedes make a terrible strategy call, entirely their fault. Another net gain for Hamilton in the standings (+7 to +14)
I didn't say he hadn't been unfortunate too, in the context of what I said, he absolutely has been fortunate. Hamilton could have been out of sight

ChaddyP

All drivers have a whinge when they're struggling for position. Hamilton is no different, just has a lot of detractors who are predisposed to take a dim view.
had to say this to my wife this morning . I had to explain that her Boyfriend Charles Leclerc has a fecking moan every race, we just dont hear it on PLC as much because people rather hear Hamilton moan

LordNinio

Wait, are you arguing that Verstappen was fortunate in a race where he had his race ruined in the first lap in an accident he played no part in and could not have avoided?
I'm not saying he was fortunate to be in those circumstances obviously, I'm saying he is fortunate that Hamilton didn't capitalise on either of them. Both races should have seen Hamilton win really, and he'd be a long way ahead now if he had.

Fluctuation0161

I reckon this could be Horners last season as team manager of they don't win. He is cracking under pressure. Helmut seems to be getting more involved. Annoyingly he actually seems worse than Horner.

Jev

I'm not saying he was fortunate to be in those circumstances obviously, I'm saying he is fortunate that Hamilton didn't capitalise on either of them. Both races should have seen Hamilton win really, and he'd be a long way ahead now if he had.
And Hamilton was fortunate Verstappen crashed out of contention. In terms of net luck Max was certainly in the negative today.