F1 2021 Season

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
feck Norris.

Love to see that Vettel checking on him.
The last couple seasons has really changed my perception of Vettel. I always liked him or at least was indifferent to a lot of the hate he used to receive, but he’s just been fantastic and classy in everything the last few years.

United Hobbit

Lovely to see Vettel checking on Norris

Why would he have to start from the pit lane why can't he start 10th as he got into this section of qualifying?

pauldyson1uk

The last couple seasons has really changed my perception of Vettel. I always liked him or at least was indifferent to a lot of the hate he used to receive, but he’s just been fantastic and classy in everything the last few years.
I agree , Seb used to be very disliked, but now for me he is one of my fav drivers.
I nicknamed him The Finger, because I hated seeing it.

RoadTrip

The engineering of these cars is insane. Despite that huge impact it stuck to the ground. That could have been a lot worse, as Brundle just set out the motion of the car fortunately had a lot of road to slow down before the second impact.

Leg-End

Yeah he’s matured into a top bloke, he’s one of the good guys.

Leg-End

Good question. Would also like to know. Perhaps something to do with the required repairs?
It will be new gearbox and probably engine anyway so they could then set the car up for the conditions tomorrow. If it’s wet they can go full wet setup and if it’s dry they can trim the wing so he can overtake.

RoadTrip

Is it just me or are the full wet tires worse now than 20 years ago
I can’t remember what tech they had 20 years ago, but certainly for years more recently cars had a lot of driver aids like ADS and traction control which they don’t anymore. These things make a huge difference in the wet. I think that might be the main impact along with other rule changes.

RoadTrip

It will be new gearbox and probably engine anyway so they could then set the car up for the conditions tomorrow. If it’s wet they can go full wet setup and if it’s dry they can trim the wing so he can overtake.
All makes sense. But what differentiates between a pit lane start and starting at the back of the grid?

United Hobbit

he is going to have to change many parts, gearbox for one I would think, that gets a penalty itself.
Ah ok that makes sense, probably silly question but could they appeal it as potentially them being late to red flag despite warnings, lead him to have the accident?
It looked far worse from the 3rd party angle rather than on board with Norris. Thank goodness for safety

Hope we get a wet race, but not enough that it's red flagged/ sc start

RoadTrip

Ah ok that makes sense, probably silly question but could they appeal it as potentially them being late to red flag despite warnings, lead him to have the accident?
It looked far worse from the 3rd party angle rather than on board with Norris. Thank goodness for safety

Hope we get a wet race, but not enough that it's red flagged/ sc start
Not a chance in respect of the appeal on timing of red flag I would think.

F-Red

Why would they red flag it? Norris ran wide and then lost it, he wasn't aquaplaning unfortunately.

It'll be a pit lane start as he's on his third engine prior to starting qualifying today, so he'll need a fourth after that.

Leg-End

All makes sense. But what differentiates between a pit lane start and starting at the back of the grid?
Breaking parc ferme I believe so if he’s at the back anyway like I said previously they can change the car setup for the conditions on the day.