F1 2021 Season

Dan_F

Totto has to take some blame for that, he should have told Bottas to let Lewis past and try and hold off Max.
To be fair, what Bottas is told to do and what he decided to do could be two very different things!

BIGbadBOO4

Easy Max win here. We can see Bottas is not playing team game at all. Christ can't Mercedes mot see it? Perez is playing the team game, he puts up a fight. Merc should have controlled that start, ot beggers belief.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Easy Max win here. We can see Bottas is not playing team game at all. Christ can't Mercedes mot see it? Perez is playing the team game, he puts up a fight. Merc should have controlled that start, ot beggers belief.
Define team game. Bottas is outscoring Perez by 35.

ArjenIsM3

What is this obsession in wanting Max and RB to be the underdog. Everytime the Mercs get an advantage in practice or qualifying, you guys are in here tellings you told us so. Even did it in Austin after P1 then RB went on to dominate all weekend and suddenly went all quiet. Do you think it'll be more gratification if he wins it?
:rolleyes:

The Hilton

It's not really that simple is it, given that Perez has had his race nuked to steal the fastest lap from Hamilton before, and for this race had to swap his wing with Max's damaged one.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
It's not really that simple is it, given that Perez has had his race nuked to steal the fastest lap from Hamilton before, and for this race had to swap his wing with Max's damaged one.
But Bottas outscoring Perez means that currently Merc are leading the constructors championship. So for the team, Bottas is doing better than Perez.
I mean he could help Lewis win the championship, but Merc care more about the constructors, which Bottas is doing a better job than the perfect team mate Perez

ArjenIsM3

Ironic that you're rolling your eyes, considering you posted the same thing almost verbatim yesterday.
It's really not as I didn't say Max was the underdog, I actually agreed with someone yesterday who was saying the cars were about equal and it'd likely be decided by the drivers. What I did was call out everyone on here who keeps insisting on putting Hamilton and Merc in that underdog role but whatever.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
needed lewis to get into the lead to have a proper race.

this is dead now, just a procession.

The Hilton

But Bottas outscoring Perez means that currently Merc are leading the constructors championship. So for the team, Bottas is doing better than Perez.
I mean he could help Lewis win the championship, but Merc care more about the constructors, which Bottas is doing a better job than the perfect team mate Perez
You say perfect team mate I presume sarcastically, but by your own logic Perez is the better team mate, as he's doing more to help Max vs getting his own (and constructor) points

The Hilton

It's really not as I didn't say Max was the underdog, I actually agreed with someone yesterday who was saying the cars were about equal and it'd likely be decided by the drivers. What I did was call out everyone on here who keeps insisting on putting Hamilton and Merc in that underdog role but whatever.
You said basically "why does everyone need to make Lewis the underdog" and the post you rolled your eyes at said basically "why does everyone need to make Max the underdog".

Embarrassingly hypocritical.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It’s dull this. Like a throwback to the last few seasons when it was Lewis just winning in this fashion. Needed Bottas and Lewis to keep Max behind them to try and make it interesting (although I don’t think max would’ve stayed behind for long with his pace)

Leg-End

Title race will effectively be over post Brazil, USA was a big blow for Merc.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
You say perfect team mate I presume sarcastically, but by your own logic Perez is the better team mate, as he's doing more to help Max vs getting his own (and constructor) points
Bottas was hit by Ricciardo. That can't really be helped.
Of course he could have braked later, but it still wasn't Bottas's fault.

If that accident didn't happen, Bottas would have been ahead of Perez more than likely.

Maybe Ricciardo is still a Red Bull driver behind the scenes. #TeamPlayer

Widow

This is dull as dishwater. The press is trying to hype the fight for the title but races like this aren't helping. This isn't the first time Botas has left a gap for Max to go through.

BIGbadBOO4

Fight your main opposition rather than your teammate who is in a title fight.
Red Bull sacrifice Perez at all costs, Mercedes play the nice guy.
Redbull tactically adapt and understand what is needed.
In Russia Bittas let max through straight away, perez battled like crazy with Hamilton.
That start today would be different if it was red bull they would have blocked Hamilton. Bottas has been non existent.
Although, red bull have been the best car this year and also the best team management and work. They deserve it.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
They should make max change his own tyres. Make it more interesting