F1 2021 Season

Hephaestus

Is that rainbow design helmet by Lewis? All power to him, if he win tomorrow, hope he wearing it to podium just for shit and giggles.
Yep.
He also discussed the human rights abuses both in Qatar and Saudi Arabia during his press conference on Thursday.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Sky sports coverage of f1 is absolutely incredible. I can’t think of another sport with this level of broadcast

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nah Horner ended by saying that the load test is working because Mercedes straight line speed closer to them now basically implying that Mercedes stopped cheating now that they were gonna be tested
it’s all a bunch of nonsense anyway.

Hamilton didn’t even have the biggest top speed at brazil. His closing speed was due to the new engine combined with brazil’s main straight being uphill for 80% of it, hence a new engine doing harder work for most of it.

Xeno

Haha, pretty spot on. "Generic F1 driver, not too slow, not too fast. From Mexico"
Exactly. Change Mexico to France and it’s Gasly, Spain and its Sainz.

Generically quick rather than generationally quick.

Rooney1987

Apparently there is footage of Max driving through double yellows on his final lap. I’d post it but Twitter is failing me on my phone.

Fluctuation0161

That was very poor from Perez, but Red Bill need to ask why so many talented drivers (and yes that includes Perez) are failing with them
Absolutely.

Perez was doing well recently. I can imagine that unless you are the Red Bull golden boy it is a toxic and demotivating environment.

vangagal

Yep.
He also discussed the human rights abuses both in Qatar and Saudi Arabia during his press conference on Thursday.
Absolutely. They even closed the put lane to media after the race so the VIPs could tour. Ridiculous level of entitlement.
That's helmet is gorgeous, nice timing too. Maybe this is Lewis way to spit out in the face of stewards/FIA/Liberty. They must be rqging inside. But then i wonder if those VIP's understand the message anyway.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
That's helmet is gorgeous, nice timing too. Maybe this is Lewis way to spit out in the face of stewards/FIA/Liberty. They must be rqging inside. But then i wonder if those VIP's understand the message anyway.
One things for sure Qatar know about sports washing and they know exactly what Lewis is doing as I think does most of the people who see the images... I think Lewis is doing a good thing with this.

Hopefully we will see plenty of footballers with rainbow armbands or shoelaces at the world cup.

vangagal

One things for sure Qatar know about sports washing and they know exactly what Lewis is doing as I think does most of the people who see the images... I think Lewis is doing a good thing with this.

Hopefully we will see plenty of footballers with rainbow armbands or shoelaces at the world cup.
I forgot there's a world cup there next year. :lol:

ArjenIsM3

Absolutely terrible qualifying from Perez. Can't believe RB kept him in the seat for next season, he's been mediocre pretty much all season. Max now summoned to the stewards for ignoring yellow flags. Bottas did the same so imagine he'll get called up too. Disastrous weekend for Red Bull.

Fluctuation0161

Maybe not, but it starts a discussion which could filter through an hopefully have an influence.

ArjenIsM3

Fluctuation0161

Good point. I hope so. I mean, it's just the tip of the iceberg regarding the various issues in some of these countries. But its a start.

pauldyson1uk

What a season
It this not the same ? from earlier this season
The four-time F1 world champion, preparing for his Aston Martin debut after switching from Ferrari over the winter, was knocked out in the first session of qualifying in 18th place ahead of the Bahrain Grand Prix after aborting his final flying lap due to two separate yellow flag incidents.

Vettel, who was initially cleared in an FIA stewards’ hearing for not respecting a single waved yellow at Turn 8 during qualifying along with Esteban Ocon, Lance Stroll and George Russell, was summoned into another stewards' hearing over a double yellow flag incident at Turn 1 earlier in the lap.

Vettel had to slow down at Turn 1 after Haas rookie Nikita Mazepin spun ahead of him, with the Russian having just jumped the queue and passed the Aston Martin driver on the warm-up lap.

The hearing, which took place at 1:30pm local time in Bahrain, led to Vettel being given a five-place grid penalty for failing to respect double yellow flags at Turn 1.

The penalty drops the German to the back of the grid for the Bahrain Grand Prix, and promotes both Haas rookies Mick Schumacher and Mazepin up one spot each. Vettel has also been given three penalty points on his licence.

Dan_F

I kind of hope they don’t punish Max, because I want Hamilton to blitz him completely in the last three races cleanly. But then again, seeing Horner moan again would be quite funny.

F-Red

Rumour has it that the engine in Hamilton's car isn't the one from Interlagos, but a previous spec.