F1 2021 Season

pauldyson1uk

Mercedes are so frustrating, why give Bottas priority on strategy? Usually the leading driver gets priority on pit stops yet whenever Hamilton is leading they still seem to pit Bottas first.

Red Bull would never risk a win for Max by favouring Perez on strategy.
They swap every race , always have done, I presume it was the race for Bottas to pit first.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Mercedes are so frustrating, why give Bottas priority on strategy? Usually the leading driver gets priority on pit stops yet whenever Hamilton is leading they still seem to pit Bottas first.

Red Bull would never risk a win for Max by favouring Perez on strategy.
Exactly that. They have been made to look rather silly by loosing track position.

Dan_F

They swap every race , always have done, I presume it was the race for Bottas to pit first.
Plus they could have bought Lewis in a lap earlier. They messed up, it wasn’t to do with bringing Bottas in first.

Tiber

I'd still rather see races decided by driving rather than tires and pit stops, but it's better than no overtaking at all

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Lando having a cracking race. Shame he seems to loose places at the start.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It would appear so, if they dont pit could cost them the podium also
No point in them pitting under normal conditions now I don’t think. Feels like they’re just praying for a safety car.

RB feel like the superior team this year in terms of strategy

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Verstappen 2 seconds quicker a lap than Lewis. Can only see this going one way.

Dan_F

Seems like Mercedes have had their pants pulled down by RB at this point. There seems to be no way Hamilton will enough tire life after following Max for those laps after the pits.

Leg-End

When it’s this close Mercedes have to stop thinking like a two car team and play with the lead car (even if that’s Bottas).

They will lose to RB most Sunday’s if they don’t.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
This looks like it is now Max's to lose. Only way I can see Hamilton winning is if Max's tyres start to drop of quickly

Tiber

I thought the gap would close faster considering the speed max has been going at