F1 2021 Season

United Hobbit

Am I being harsh in saying Sainz has been a bit underwhelming at Ferrari? I know the car isn't great but Le Clerc is doing a good job in it.

Same for Perez at Red Bull, when will CH start to get twitchy....

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Would like to see a replay of Mazepin blue flags on Lewis...

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
From one feck up to another. Red Bull lucky.

Leg-End

Mazepin cost Hamilton the overtake there so going longer makes sense, he was about to get Max at the end of that stint.

Balljy

After Mazepin held Hamilton up, I think it's the right choice to go longer as he would have been behind Verstappen. The alternative was to still come out behind but with no tyre advantage.

Hephaestus

Mazepin cost Hamilton the overtake there so going longer makes sense, he was about to get Max at the end of that stint.
If he'd pitted 1 lap after Verstappen's stop I'm pretty certain he'd have had enough to get ahead, was only on the next lap that Mazepin seemed to really cost him.

Leg-End

If he'd pitted 1 lap after Verstappen's stop I'm pretty certain he'd have had enough to get ahead, was only on the next lap that Mazepin seemed to really cost him.
Would have been tight for sure.

What being ignored is when Max pitted Hamilton was basically 0.5 heading onto the pit straight with DRS, he has the tyre life and Max didn’t.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
It does appear Mercedes have better pace and better degradation. This pace and when Max pitted with Hamilton about to overtake is clear.

Hephaestus

Would have been tight for sure.

What being ignored is when Max pitted Hamilton was basically 0.5 heading onto the pit straight with DRS, he has the tyre life and Max didn’t.
Yeah, I can understand that. But it's so hard to overtake here that even with all of that, surely you've got to go for track position rather than gamble on tyre degradation at the end. I mean, even with the small gap and DRS and Max's tyre dying, I wasn't expecting Hamilton to get past when Max pitted.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Why do we still ''race'' here.. Spain must have better circuits.

Balljy

That's potentially genius. It hadn't even crossed my mind to pit Hamilton.

Balljy

Asking a lot for Hamilton to bridge this gap.
They're probably banking on Verstappen's tyres losing him way over 1 second a lap towards the end. He's going to be running them longer than the suggested lifespan for mediums as it is.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
From the pace Hamilton had this should be easy IMO and Max couldn't stop in case of Bottas being in the way helping Hamilton, they really need Perez up there.