F1 2021 Season

dinostar77

WOW that is a cleaver trick.
I bet Horner is fuming, but if they have found a way to over come the rule change , good luck to them.
Craig Scarborough has a good explanation for this on his Twitter feed. Jenson Button mentioned during FP2 that this tech is nothing new as his BAR car had this ability.

Horner said in FP2 he doesnt have an issue with it as it's within the rules and all teams have done this for years.

The effect wont be so useful at Texas as it was at turkey due to the types of corners at texas and the need to be careful that you dont inadvertently stall the airflow to the floor.

US GP FP2

pauldyson1uk

United States GP Practice Two Timesheet
DriverTeamTime
1) Sergio PerezRed Bull1:34.945
2) Lando NorrisMcLaren+0.257
3) Lewis HamiltonMercedes+0.364
4) Valtteri BottasMercedes+0.414
5) Daniel RicciardoMcLaren+0.511
6) Lance StrollAston Martin+0.615
7) Charles LeclercFerrari+0.626
8) Max VerstappenRed Bull+0.878
9) Carlos SainzFerrari+0.973
10) Antonio GiovinazziAlfa Romeo+1.192
11) Esteban OconAlpine+1.212
12) Pierre GaslyAlphaTauri+1.296
13) Fernando AlonsoAlpine+1.430
14) Kimi RaikkonenAlfa Romeo+1.612
15) Sebastian VettelAston Martin+1.772
16) Yuki TsunodaAlphaTauri+2.037
17) Mick SchumacherHaas+2.095
18) Nicholas LatifiWilliams+2.308
19) George RussellWilliams+2.544
20) Nikita MazepinHaas+3.080

pauldyson1uk

Craig Scarborough has a good explanation for this on his Twitter feed. Jenson Button mentioned during FP2 that this tech is nothing new as his BAR car had this ability.

Horner said in FP2 he doesnt have an issue with it as it's within the rules and all teams have done this for years.

The effect wont be so useful at Texas as it was at turkey due to the types of corners at texas and the need to be careful that you dont inadvertently stall the airflow to the floor.
Cheers, I have to admit never noticing it before.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Cheers, I have to admit never noticing it before.
It's not really something you can see by eye with them moving so fast. The difference is only probably a few centi metres also - but makes a big difference in drag.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Looking forward to the race this weekend a victory for Lewis will really set up the last few races

I just hope that whoever wins the title its not determined by the decision to give half points at Spa.

redshaw

Channel 4 highlights are really messed up this time. They won't show quali highlights until Sunday morning at 8:30 and race highlights start early hours Monday morning.

I assume the US race is starting later than usual and maybe this elapsed set time C4 have to show anything is causing an issue.

Going to be tricky not getting spoilers

Motorman

What's the times for this?

When does qualify begin, I've seen 10pm but surely that's not right?

When does race start, is that 8pm?

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Channel 4 highlights are really messed up this time. They won't show quali highlights until Sunday morning at 8:30 and race highlights start early hours Monday morning.

I assume the US race is starting later than usual and maybe this elapsed set time C4 have to show anything is causing an issue.

Going to be tricky not getting spoilers
Yup. Quali is 10pm UK time. Rave starting 8pm I believe.

dinostar77

Qually will be tough to call. The deg is so high on this circuit and track temp is playing a massive part. Looks like whoever can get the tyres in the optimum operating window for their hot lap will get pole or front of grid. Too close to call.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Qually will be tough to call. The deg is so high on this circuit and track temp is playing a massive part. Looks like whoever can get the tyres in the optimum operating window for their hot lap will get pole or front of grid. Too close to call.
2 stop race?

Could be really interesting if we see a mix of 1 and 2 stop strategies

dinostar77

2 stop race?

Could be really interesting if we see a mix of 1 and 2 stop strategies
I think it will be a two stop depending on starting tyre. Go too quickly on the softs and the compound will split straight away. I think RB and Mercs will try to start with the MED and switch to HARD and do a one stop. Those starting on SOFTS will have to do a two stop.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think it will be a two stop depending on starting tyre. Go too quickly on the softs and the compound will split straight away. I think RB and Mercs will try to start with the MED and switch to HARD and do a one stop. Those starting on SOFTS will have to do a two stop.
Doesn't that require them to set their fastest time on medium tyres or has that rule changed?

United Hobbit

Will miss the race as will be on a coach travelling back from United

I'd like to know who the least popular driver on that survey was....

hobbers

Looking like we'll have Hamilton vs 2 red bulls at the front for the first time. Makes a nice change to the reverse.

The Hilton

There were a few folks saying it was Merc's title to lose one page ago, talk about premature. It's ominous how consistently quicker the Red Bulls are on a circuit that's meant to be a the Merc stronghold.

dinostar77

Where did lewis pull out that lap from? Thought p3 would be the best he could get from the car.
Gonna be interesting tomorrow, one RB starting on MED the other on the SOFTS.

RBs will be hard to stop tomorrow.

Leg-End

Red Bull quicker over 1 lap here, I reckon the race will be much closer. Lewis splitting the Bulls is good for the race.

The Firestarter

There were a few folks saying it was Merc's title to lose one page ago, talk about premature. It's ominous how consistently quicker the Red Bulls are on a circuit that's meant to be a the Merc stronghold.
Still up in the air. Best season in ages. Can't wait for the netflix series after :drool:

dinostar77

This track and the next few are all tracks that favour the RB. It's all about nailing the setup and getting your tyres in the right window.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Didn’t expect that from Merc I wonder if they have been limiting the power on the engine. The start will be very interesting.

Dan_F

Definitely seemed like Hamilton lost 0.2 in the last sector there, given that he was flying after the second sector.

I really hope I can get enough of a signal to watch it smoothly on my phone on the way back from the match.