F1 2021 Season

Leg-End

Hm? No one thought this was a Merc stronghold
They have been on pole every season since 2014? It's a stronghold.

Red Bull have on the whole been quicker over 1 lap all season, this race will be close but it will need Hamilton to be 1st or 2nd after lap 1 to be interesting, else Max walks it.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
They have been on pole every season since 2014? It's a stronghold.

Red Bull have on the whole been quicker over 1 lap all season, this race will be close but it will need Hamilton to be 1st or 2nd after lap 1 to be interesting, else Max walks it.
As the poster above mentioned, they've had it locked down for years. The fact that they couldn't get near this weekend but for one lap (which was still 2 tenths slow) is a bad sign for Mercedes.
Yeah I think you're right and apologies to @The Hilton if I came across as a dickhead. Historically you're correct to say Mercedes have done very well at COTA - I just think given the current configurations RB are favoured.

The Hilton

Yeah I think you're right and apologies to @The Hilton if I came across as a dickhead. Historically you're correct to say Mercedes have done very well at COTA - I just think given the current configurations RB are favoured.
Yeah no worries mate, I didn't take it that way. You're probably right about current configurations - this years Mercedes is quite heavily neutered compared to previous years due to the rule changes, so maybe its wrong to expect them to keep up their form here.

It's still bad news for them though, with other firmly red bull tracks coming up.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah no worries mate, I didn't take it that way. You're probably right about current configurations - this years Mercedes is quite heavily neutered compared to previous years due to the rule changes, so maybe its wrong to expect them to keep up their form here.

It's still bad news for them though, with other firmly red bull tracks coming up.
Cheers for the back and forth mate; glad to bring some positive interactions to this (often toxic) thread :lol:

Think it'll be fascinating tomorrow with Hamilton between the Red Bulls - COTA is typically a pretty good track for racing and strategy will be under the microscope. Can't wait!

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
He's right, too. I mean, it's fun to view, but they do create their own narratives, there's no way around that.

Despite looking like an arrogant twat, I must say I quite like Verstappen. Or at least, he always comes across as very honest and down to earth in Dutch media interviews. All this rivalry and mind games stuff really isn't for him and I appreciate that.

(Before this gets taken the wrong way: I also like Hamilton. Always saying good things when I read interviews, and very engaged of course - which is something I hope Verstappen will develop, cause his distant stance isn't as good a look there.)

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Another day at COTA, another engine change but this time in the Alpine camp with Fernando Alonso receiving a full power unit that will send the Spaniard to the back of the grid
Strange to see kimmi vettel and alonso at the back of the grid

But with a 40% chance of rain... high track temperature and tyre wear at the circuit plus gusty winds of up to 20mph it could be a really strange race where looking after the car and maximising your pit stop windows and wing set ups could give somebody a massive opportunity if they catch conditions right

Rain half way through would really shake things up

dinostar77

Strange to see kimmi vettel and alonso at the back of the grid

But with a 40% chance of rain... high track temperature and tyre wear at the circuit plus gusty winds of up to 20mph it could be a really strange race where looking after the car and maximising your pit stop windows and wing set ups could give somebody a massive opportunity if they catch conditions right

Rain half way through would really shake things up
Mercedes need rain or track temps to drop otherwise Max will be off in the distance.

Leg-End

Brundle getting bodied by burly men and hangers on of D list celebs, ah the grid walk is back.

Zlaatan

Parody Account
Nice to get something else to focus on so soon after what just happened at least, I need to purge that shitshow from my memory asap and an F1 race is probably a good thing to start with.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
They are lucky to be allowed on the grid. Pushing Brundle out of the way without having a clue who he is. Who the feck do they think they are? Entitled pricks

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
They are lucky to be allowed on the grid. Pushing Brundle out of the way without having a clue who he is. Who the feck do they think they are? Entitled pricks
Yep, they probably wouldn’t know 90% of the drivers if one of those stopped to talk to them either

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Love the grid walk just to see what arseholes celebrities can be :lol:

Ben Stiller seemed a decent bloke though.

Darkhorsez

Nice to get something else to focus on so soon after what just happened at least, I need to purge that shitshow from my memory asap and an F1 race is probably a good thing to start with.
Me too! Haven’t felt so bad in a longtime

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The cheerleaders have managed to put a smile on my face at least.