F1 2021 Season

pauldyson1uk

KNOCKED OUT IN Q2

11) Sebastian Vettel, Aston Martin

12) Kimi Raikkonen, Alfa Romeo

13) George Russell, Williams

14) Antonio Giovinazzi, Alfa Romeo

15) Esteban Ocon, Alpine

Vettel will ultimately start in the top 10 due to Norris' penalty (and keep his free choice of tyres for qualifying 11th), with Raikkonen also gaining one place and Giovinazzi two courtesy of Russell's penalty too.

The Hilton

Begging Verstappen wins this season.

F1 needs a new champion.

One team/driver dominating just gets too boring. Same as all sport in that respect
Short of multiple mechanical failures it's pretty much nailed on, so I wouldn't worry too much.

laughtersassassin

Short of multiple mechanical failures it's pretty much nailed on, so I wouldn't worry too much.

I mean it's anyones game still but Verstappen is favourite.

We seen earlier in the season how quickly the lead can dissapear if you get a bit unlucky.

The Hilton

I mean it's anyones game still but Verstappen is favourite.

We seen earlier in the season how quickly the lead can dissapear if you get a bit unlucky.
That's true, but that is what I said - Max will need to have something go horribly wrong to not win the championship, and at the moment Red Bull look far more reliable and quicker when it matters (in the races).

If Hamilton needs another engine which has been mentioned a few times, it'll be all over.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Bottas has all of a sudden turned it on since he’s been let go!

I think Red Bull have cocked this up though. There was no reason to put both of their cars right in the middle of the carnage for this exact reason. Yes it costs their first car a slip stream but Bottas’ lap shows it isn’t all about the slip stream. And given how curvy this lap is after that main straight, I think the turbulent air costs a lot more through those phases then the gain up front. Which is particularly felt by RB in that scenario because they are catching those other cars at a faster rate.

ArjenIsM3

But the Red Bull is faster than the Mercedes, right? Hamilton is the underdog, Verstappen is nailed on to be champion, right? :lol:

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
This championship just keeps swinging one way then the other so unpredictable.