F1 2021 Season

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
max quickest in FP1 - not sure how relevant that will be given FP1 was daytime heat and quali / race is dusk plus of course drivers still learning the circuit and teams trying to dial the car in ... but it wasnt merc blasting the field away at a second a lap... keeping things interesting at least

pauldyson1uk

No review in to Max, full expected it and it sends out the wrong message to the rest of the grid.
Horner clearly thinks it is right, Totto fully expected it.
I expect to see more of what Max did.

Last edited:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I think that will light a fire under Merc again, but Toto saying that their whole reason for requesting a review was to get people talking about it. If max does something remotely similar this weekend, there’ll be huge pressure on the stewards. And that’ll be in Max’s mind when/if it comes to defending

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
No review in to Max, full expected it and it sends out the wrong message to the rest of the grid.
Horner clearly thinks it is right, Totto fully expected it.
I expect to see more of what Max did.
And I think we all expect penalities for anything approaching what he did. They need to clear this up fast. Is the new standard if you have the inside line you are free to push off the driver on the outside or force them to back off. Can you do that same move with a wall on the outside?

pauldyson1uk

Red Bull need to put up or shut up, if they think the wing ,engine is illegal, make it official.
To bitch and moan after every race, just looks like sour grapes.
Challenge it and let the FIA do what they need to do.
I have no doubt that, no team would come with illegal parts, there is way to much checking and scrutiny.

RepardReece

Red Bull need to put up or shut up, if they think the wing ,engine is illegal, make it official.
To bitch and moan after every race, just looks like sour grapes.
Challenge it and let the FIA do what they need to do.
I have no doubt that, no team would come with illegal parts, there is way to much checking and scrutiny.
It's really quite sad, I was never a fan of Red Bull in the first place but Horner's constant whining and Max's overly aggressive driving has really made me hate that team. Really hope they bottle it.

Also is ridiculous how the footage of Max's onboard isn't "significant".

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Will be interesting to see how much more aggressive some drivers are this weekend.

I forsee the likes of Alonso to really push the limit now.

pauldyson1uk

Horner still bleating about Silverstone , FFS man let it go.
He is taking the shine off the season , Mercedes are faster then RB and have been since Silverstone and he is saying in not so many words, they are cheating.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
Will be interesting to see how much more aggressive some drivers are this weekend.

I forsee the likes of Alonso to really push the limit now.
That's a timely name to drop. F1 just posted that scrap between Alonso and Hamilton a few GPs back. Alonso really is a master of making his car wide. Now it's going to be ultra wide.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It's really quite sad, I was never a fan of Red Bull in the first place but Horner's constant whining and Max's overly aggressive driving has really made me hate that team. Really hope they bottle it.
I've never partiularly been a Hamilton fan for some reason (best car most of the time stuff like that) but I really hope he wins it this year now. Max is heading into Schumacher territory of win at all costs even being dangerous whenever needed so I hope he grows up soon. He is being badly led by Horner and it shows.

Hamilton's display last weekend was superb and might have converted me. No bitching about everything not going his way just foot down and produce the goods.

Abizzz

F1 has become even more of a joke than it ever was under Bernie. SPA now this. Fecking joke of a championship now. Said they couldn't do anything without the right evidence, and now that they have it they aren't doing anything because, well, they said they couldn't do anything when they didn't have the evidence.

Last edited:

mu4c_20le

I've never partiularly been a Hamilton fan for some reason (best car most of the time stuff like that) but I really hope he wins it this year now. Max is heading into Schumacher territory of win at all costs even being dangerous whenever needed so I hope he grows up soon. He is being badly led by Horner and it shows.
Max is Max, that is who he is. Nothing to do with Horner. He's always been brave and aggressive.

The Hilton

Is it any wonder why Max drives like a madman? He never seems to be punished for it, mainly because the other drivers are forced to get out of his way.

Fluctuation0161

Horner clearly things it is right, Totto fully expected it.
I expect to seem more of what Max did.
So no more overtaking round the outside then.

So inconsistent considering the punishment Lewis got at Silverstone.

Terrible decision. Demolition Derby awaits...

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
This is allegedly what Horner is talking about:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FEZOuBWWQAEFtda?format=jpg
Wouldnt like to be the former employee of merc who is now at red bull (as there cant be many who have gone from one to another this year) as I suspect he must have signed some NDA's

good article to revist here
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...alking-about-them.3NeugNG480UtFMzy77XKiQ.html

What is the issue?
The rules (Article 3.8 of the Technical Regulations specifically) dictate that all components influencing a car’s aerodynamic performance – such as front and rear wings – must be “rigidly secured to the entirely sprung part of the car” and “remain immobile in relation to the sprung part of the car”.
In other words, moveable (or flexible) aerodynamic devices are not allowed – save for the DRS – because in theory they can offer a performance gain.

To make sure parts are not flexing (or moving) under aerodynamic load, the FIA puts wings through load and deflection tests. If a part fails the test, it can’t be used.
However, the FIA “reserves the right to introduce further load/deflection tests on any part of the bodywork which appears to be (or is suspected of) moving whilst the car is in motion”. And earlier this month, without accusing anyone of breaking the rules, the FIA issued a technical directive stating that the load tests would be changing.
Lewis Hamilton said in Spain that “the Red Bulls are really fast on the straights. They have this bendy wing on the back of their car"
Why has it come up now?
Some teams believe that the rear wings on rival cars are flexing too much this season which could in theory provide a small performance advantage – with world champion Lewis Hamilton saying in Spain that “the Red Bulls are really fast on the straights. They have this bendy wing on the back of their car which they put on today and they gained at least three-tenths from this wing”.
In response to that, Red Bull boss Christian Horner said: “I saw the comment. Of course the car is scrutineered thoroughly and there's fallback tests, all kinds of different tests it has to pass.
READ MORE: FIA to introduce new tests on Formula 1 rear wings from June
After Hamilton's comments in Spain, Red Bull Christian Horner said the FIA were "completely happy" with the Red Bull car
“The FIA are completely happy with the car, that it's passed all of those tests that are pretty stringent so I was surprised to see his comments on that.
“But it's something that Toto [Wolff] has mentioned to me previously, so I doubt it was Lewis' opinion. It probably came from elsewhere.”
It’s worth noting from the outset that no team has failed a deflection test, but some teams – including Mercedes, who are locked in a tight title fight with Red Bull – are unhappy because they believe that such flex contravenes the rules.
So realistically even if Red Bull complain and the FIA think they have point the likley outcome is that they announce a new test for wings

Likley that red bull complain this weekend and will be looking at evey bit of footage and *** to support a claim so that if they are successful merc have to redesign their wing for the last 2 gp's

merc however may be confident that what they are doing is legal and that either the FIA will not have a problem with it or that the wing will pass any additional tests

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It’s annoying that F1 needs a new champ to break up the Hamilton dominance and it’s going to be these smeglords.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Wouldnt like to be the former employee of merc who is now at red bull (as there cant be many who have gone from one to another this year) as I suspect he must have signed some NDA's

good article to revist here
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...alking-about-them.3NeugNG480UtFMzy77XKiQ.html

So realistically even if Red Bull complain and the FIA think they have point the likley outcome is that they announce a new test for wings

Likley that red bull complain this weekend and will be looking at evey bit of footage and *** to support a claim so that if they are successful merc have to redesign their wing for the last 2 gp's

merc however may be confident that what they are doing is legal and that either the FIA will not have a problem with it or that the wing will pass any additional tests
Even when they announced the new tests for the wing flex earlier in the season they gave a few races notice didn’t they? I don’t see how this gets solved before the end. I think this track is a RB one though so it may all be irrelevant if max wins Sunday anyway. Horner has said he doesn’t think it’ll have much impact here - it’s the final two races where they’re expecting Mercedes to be unraceable.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It already feels inevitable that Merc will punished for whatever RB moan about :lol:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Never watch any of the FP sessions but thought I’d take a peak at FP2. This track looks pretty even for the cars. Some fast sweeping corners and not actually too many straights.

I’m failing to see any overtake spots though. I fear this race could be a procession, unless some intriguing tyre strategy comes into play.

NM

You mean like when Senna was disqualified and lost the title in 1989 in sazuka

Or when Schumacher tried to take out villneuve and got disqualified from the whole championship in 1997
Or when Schumacher won the title in 94 or the other title senna won with a collision. Selective facts don't help

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I hope the Red Bull breaks down every race that Max is there. Never met a more self righteous hypocritical cnut of a duo than Horner and his ego.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I hope the Red Bull breaks down every race that Max is there. Never met a more self righteous hypocritical cnut of a duo than Horner and his ego.
It's pretty telling that the usual Max defenders haven't been out in force this week.

ChaddyP

I must say I'm quite shocked by the level of surprise in here. To me it was pretty obvious they weren't going to change the "on field" decision made at the track. It was the wrong decision made but there's nothing significantly new to have them overturn the decision of the stewards. Stewards messed up and hopefully it won't happen again

pauldyson1uk

Horner on Sky again , going on about the straight-line speed of the Mercedes.
Sick of hearing him moan about it.
Grow a set and put a protest in.
He is all but saying they are cheating, time to put his claims to the test.
I can see this WC being decided after the Final race in the courts.