F1 2021 Season

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Well, not so sure about that.
You’re joking? Bottas will move over for anybody :lol:. He showed in Brazil that he’s more than happy to shift for both Vertsappen and Hamilton in the opening few laps. He’s just out for a leisurely drive and doesn’t want to get in anyones way

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
You’re joking? Bottas will move over for anybody :lol:. He showed in Brazil that he’s more than happy to shift for both Vertsappen and Hamilton in the opening few laps. He’s just out for a leisurely drive and doesn’t want to get in anyones way
Didn't he recently move away for Max while blocking Lewis in the same move at the start?

pauldyson1uk

I think Horner being suspicious is fine and even Toto said that part of the job is to make sure the opponents don’t get unfair advantage but I feel the way he is going about it is so annoying . If you have doubts then just come out and complain so that they can be cleared. This constant badgering is a very poor look for the sport and undermines everyone associated with the FIA
This is fine and yes part of his job, but the constant, snide they are cheating comments are annoying.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Quilfying is important, not many passing places
This could be pole to win race.
For sure. Unless you’ve such a big tyre or spews advantage, you simply cant follow close enough on corners like this in order to pass on the main straight. Not to mention the first turn just does not help either. I think there is very very limited room for meaningful overtakes. Having said that, perhaps small mistakes on a circuit like this cost a driver more. So that might present opportunities.

dinostar77

For sure. Unless you’ve such a big tyre or spews advantage, you simply cant follow close enough on corners like this in order to pass on the main straight. Not to mention the first turn just does not help either. I think there is very very limited room for meaningful overtakes. Having said that, perhaps small mistakes on a circuit like this cost a driver more. So that might present opportunities.
Tyre deg on this track will be really high, so if overtaking is as limited as suggested, ie just the main straight. Then this race could be decided by an under or over cut and flawless pitstop or two

pauldyson1uk

Tyres and pits will be huge I think.
They don't really know how high tyre deg will be, even a slightly slow pit could cost teams here.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Horner going on about the straight line speed & rear wing again . He is saying that FIA will test the car after qualifying

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
little chris horner
sat in the corner,
“cheating is mercedes b”
he stuck in his thumb,
cried out for his mum
and said “what a good boy max is”

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This is fine and yes part of his job, but the constant, snide they are cheating comments are annoying.
Horner keeps on about the Mercedes 'exonential' straight line speed.
What does that even mean.
Exponential applies to a rate of change if I have understood it correctly.
That being the case, he must be referring to the Mercedes straight line speed increasing race after race?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
much more of a fan of wolff than horner. i can see why people wouldn’t like them but wolff gives me fergie vibes, horner is more of a mourinho type.

RoadTrip

Tyre deg on this track will be really high, so if overtaking is as limited as suggested, ie just the main straight. Then this race could be decided by an under or over cut and flawless pitstop or two
Watching FP2 yesterday, the analysis actually was that because the track is so smooth, and because the hardest compounds are here, actually they don’t think tyre deg will be as much of an issue as originally thought. But who knows.

RoadTrip

I know a lot of circuits are sometimes in no man’s land, but man, this one really looks like it’s in the middle of nowhere. Not even any big stands or anything.