F1 2021 Season

Fully Fledged

The FIA really need to look at

1) teams making changes to cars under a red flag.

2) giving back places in a DRS zone. If you're giving a place back you really shouldn't be entitled to DRS, surely?
On point 2 they did in this race. When Max finally let Lewis past only to fly past him they immediately gave him the 5 second penalty for gaining an advantage off of the track.

Abizzz

After the race it should have been a grid penalty for the next race.
Nah they shouldn't do anything for the next race in my opinion. They should ban him for the first 3 races next year for the accumulative shit he's pulled. Weaving, brake checking, pushing people 3 tracks off wide.

Proper WC driver he is.

Fully Fledged

Effectively, they’re saying Verstappen is to blame for causing a very unnecessary collision, but the punishment handed out seems to have been diluted to preserve entertainment going into next week. That’s an awfully dangerous precedent that they’re setting
I honestly think they want a different winner. They had no problem giving Lewis a 20 place drop a few races ago for .2 of a mm gap on the back wing while RB repair their wing after every qualifying.

Uniquim

But why should he go past Max just before the DRS activation line so Max could blast right back past him.
He probably knew that Max was trying to let him past to avoid a penalty even if he didn’t know the direction came from Massi.
The thing was that Max made it obvious that he was only willing to do it on the activation line and also wanted Lewis wide giving him the best line into the DRS zone.

So Lewis wasn’t prepared to allow Max to dictate the passing point so Max broke with Lewis up his rear end.
If the car in front of you is slowing to let you past, you have to go past in my opinion. Whether it's near a DRS zones shouldn't be a factor at all.
Else the car behind will end up hurting the race of the car in front unnecessarily. Say there are other cars trailing by a few seconds i.e. or if there's only a few laps left, the car behind would want to drag it out, and pass at an opportune time. Or you'll get situations similar to the one yesterday, when neither car wants to go first. Much cleaner to get it over with asap.

Similarly, when told to give up the position, the car in front should also let the car behind past at the earliest convenience, regardless of DRS zones.

Max did coast for a while before he braked, so if Lewis figured out what Max was trying to do, and neglected to pass because of the DRS detection line, then I'd feel he's partly at fault for the contact too. Even if Max is still predominantly at fault for braking a bit too sharply.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The scenes when these two clean each other out in the last race. :drool:

Jev

A bit surprised Max got a penalty for the collision. He was dirty throughout but I think there was enough confusion about the whole incident to justify a non-decision, as this effectively was.

Overall, a 15-second penalty seems a reasonable punishment for his antics and fortunately, Hamilton would have likely overtaken eventually anyway with the way Max's tyres were looking at the end.

Spectacular race and the perfect outcome as a neutral. Really excited to see how this all ends. Hamilton overwhelming favourite now but it's a real possibility that Max runs them both off the course and wins because he'll take even more risks than usually.

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
This whole argument about DRS is irrelevant anyway. If Hamilton knew he was going to be let past he would have gone past with sufficient momentum that Max even with DRS wouldn’t have come back at him.

I honestly don’t think the DRS line crossed Hamilton’s mind even for one second, I just think he simply didn’t know what was going on. That’s on the stewards.

I think I said yesterday that I’d be fine with no penalty on the basis that the incident would have entirely been avoided if the stewards communicated in the right order, as long as it wasn’t clear that Max braked. I think the swerving is questionable but probably can just about get away with it. But the braking, regardless of whether he intentionally aimed to hit him or not, is just not acceptable and dangerous. To then award a 10s penalty, knowing that it is actually no punishment whatsoever, is just bonkers. It’s actually a farce. And all this bullshit is only serving to fuel Hamilton I feel. I honestly think Brazil unleashed a competitiveness in Hamilton that maybe was lost a bit due to constantly being the winner over the last few years.

Next week could either be an amazing race, or a really bad day for a sport whose governing body has taken actions which heighten the risk at the next race.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Max fanboy, Lewis fanboy or anything inbetween.. Yesterday was crazy.. I didnt understand half the things going on and how all the (absense of) penalties were lining up..

The only thing I really dont understand (regardless of any penalties or blame) why in hell Lewis stayed behind Max when he slowed down, and was even gearing back a couple times before bumping into his back.. I mean.. Why not just pass him, regardless of what you might think was going on?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I honestly think they want a different winner. They had no problem giving Lewis a 20 place drop a few races ago for .2 of a mm gap on the back wing while RB repair their wing after every qualifying.
I think this too, at the moment the advantage sits with Max, just from reading this thread and other fans reaction no one will be surprised if max takes them both out as he has the the most wins advantage.

The stewards must also see how wreckless max has been driving and It would have been a totally different final race if they had penalised him so they didn’t sit on equal points giving the advantage of a double wipe out to Lewis.

The other incidents don't matter so much, but brake checking on a 180mph straight is downright dangerous. It's a disqualification. Max knew exactly where Hamilton was, he knew what he was doing. A driver as talented as Hamilton got away with a broken wing, anybody else and that's a big crash at very high speed.

The stewards and Masi have been so obvious the last few races in trying to push for a final day showdown between the two. They've forgotten their job is to manage the safety of the race, not the spectacle, and they don't realise the pedestal they've now put Max on vs the other drivers.

Leg-End

The integrity of the rule book and power of the stewards is basically destroyed, not just this race either, all season.

All these drivers will be watching on and taking notes, 2022 could end up with stupid racing because they have let too much go this year. Let’s hope antics doesn’t get someone seriously hurt.

ArjenIsM3

Because in a race where Max had 4 or 5 infractions (overtaking off track x2, rejoining unsafely, brake test, unfair 'let by'), one seriously dangerous, you're trying to play a silly game of whataboutism, including trying to make points that are in no way in violation of the rules (e.g. the gap before the restart). This race is one of the single worst examples of driver behaviour you will see but you want to respond with "but Valteri drove slowly". At no point have I ever seen you acknowledge a single thing Max has done wrong, I'm sure you're probably of the opinion that Brazil (and Spain and Imola and Monza etc.) were just 'racing' incidents. I happen to think Lewis' turn 1 was on the edge, but its not even in the same ballpark as any of those, so to suggest a penalty for Lewis today is laughable. Your constant 'Max vision' on this thread is well known and I'm not really sure why I spend the time to engage with it, but here I am....
Perhaps you should open your eyes if you've never seen me acknowledge anything Max has done wrong as I've done that plenty of times. Actually, in the post this thing started with I say I agree with a post that says Max was reckless in some corners, etc. But that doesn't fit your narrative does it? It's actually not really a response to Max doing anything at all. My post is just about Mercedes and how if you mention anything Mercedes did wrong on here you get posts like the one you just made making it all about Max. It's as if you can't talk about anything other than what everyone on here thinks Max did wrong, because then "you're trying to play a silly game of whataboutism".

Also, if that gap before the restart is in no way in violation of the rules then the rules need serious looking at because it's completely unfair to create a practically guaranteed overtake on the restart like that.

Lewis pushing Max off the road for a 5s penalty :lol: :lol:

I see we’ve already forgotten Brazil
No, I actually didn't agree with how the stewards handled the Brazil incident (there's posts about it if you want to look back). But I don't agree with how they handled this either. Do you not agree that doing something with the sole purpose of pushing your rival off the track is worthy of a penalty regardless of the outcome? Is your point here "Max pushed Lewis off in Brazil so he has a right to push him off here"?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The integrity of the rule book and power of the stewards is basically destroyed, not just this race either, all season.

All these drivers will be watching on and taking notes, 2022 could end up with stupid racing because they have let too much go this year. Let’s hope antics doesn’t get someone seriously hurt.
Yeah - I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were some big announcements on new rules/a promise to clamp down on certain actions in 2022.

They're wanting to reap the rewards of an insanely exciting season, but it's not a sustainable way to race/puts far too many drivers at risk.

Balljy

No, I actually didn't agree with how the stewards handled the Brazil incident (there's posts about it if you want to look back). But I don't agree with how they handled this either. Do you not agree that doing something with the sole purpose of pushing your rival off the track is worthy of a penalty regardless of the outcome? Is your point here "Max pushed Lewis off in Brazil so he has a right to push him off here"?
As soon as the Brazil incident happened, people on here were saying that the FIA had caused a huge problem for themselves. They had made it OK for a driver to do anything to stop a driver overtaking on the outside and push them as far out as they want.

The FIA can't start punishing for it now until the end of the season and really need to sort themselves out to make the regulations clear at that point. When even drivers are tweeting and giving interviews saying that they will adjust their driving styles because of Brazil you know something is very wrong. It's all on Masi, but that was a precedent decision that they can't go back on now.

Fluctuation0161

Why? Because I don't like Mercedes and am pointing out that they've done some scummy stuff this race which most on here choose to casually ignore.

- Bottas driving extremely slow during safety car so he would hold everyone up and be able to pit right after Lewis.

How is that allowed? No excuse for it really.

- Lewis purposely slowing down the field and creating a huge gap so Max had to wait extra long for everyone to form up, causing his tyres to cool down immensely which is how Lewis regained first position after the restart. A massive advantage obviously. If stuff like that is allowed these days nobody is going to want to be first on a restart, because you'll have no chance with number 2 and 3 having way better tyre temps. You're a sitting duck.

- Finally there's Lewis purposely running Max off the track at I think it was lap 43 (you can see him looking at Max in his mirror the entire time and going extremely wide) and Masi let him get off with a verbal warning for God knows why. Usually that's a 5s penalty.

Yeah you can say Max/RB did such and such and they were worse, sure, but that should hardly be a factor should it? The stewards should look at incidents objectively. Mercedes got away with everything I just mentioned. But when you mention suddenly it's all about Max/RB and how he's worse and you're just a Max apologist on here or whatever.

At the end of the day there's just no consistency in the penalties this season whatsoever. Whichever way you look at it Masi and the stewards have done a horrible job. Masi needs to go.
Wow.

Any excuse to condone Maxs dangerous driving. The examples you have made are nowhere near as dangerous as what Max did. The guy had no class and worse than that he is a liability. He could cause serious injury to another driver one day with this type of driving.

Fluctuation0161

Because in a race where Max had 4 or 5 infractions (overtaking off track x2, rejoining unsafely, brake test, unfair 'let by'), one seriously dangerous, you're trying to play a silly game of whataboutism, including trying to make points that are in no way in violation of the rules (e.g. the gap before the restart). This race is one of the single worst examples of driver behaviour you will see but you want to respond with "but Valteri drove slowly". At no point have I ever seen you acknowledge a single thing Max has done wrong, I'm sure you're probably of the opinion that Brazil (and Spain and Imola and Monza etc.) were just 'racing' incidents. I happen to think Lewis' turn 1 was on the edge, but its not even in the same ballpark as any of those, so to suggest a penalty for Lewis today is laughable. Your constant 'Max vision' on this thread is well known and I'm not really sure why I spend the time to engage with it, but here I am....
My thoughts exactly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You know that Max pushed it too far when even his own race engineer came over the radio and said "We didn't need to be doing that".

If Max purely just slowed down with downshifts and pulled over to 1 side of the track then i'd say ok stupid place to do it but fair enough.

The clear fact is though he was weaving, then slammed his foot on the brake to cause a collision. If the FIA didn't want a last race spectacle he'd have been disqualified for that IMO.

Fluctuation0161

Don’t understand why people are so polarised over these two. It’s a competitive sport and it’s actually competitive for a change, just enjoy it!
The lack of fair play is not enjoyable. The lack of appropriate punishment for unfair and dangerous driving reduces enjoyment.

slyadams

If the car in front of you is slowing to let you past, you have to go past in my opinion. Whether it's near a DRS zones shouldn't be a factor at all.
Else the car behind will end up hurting the race of the car in front unnecessarily. Say there are other cars trailing by a few seconds i.e. or if there's only a few laps left, the car behind would want to drag it out, and pass at an opportune time. Or you'll get situations similar to the one yesterday, when neither car wants to go first. Much cleaner to get it over with asap.

Similarly, when told to give up the position, the car in front should also let the car behind past at the earliest convenience, regardless of DRS zones.

Max did coast for a while before he braked, so if Lewis figured out what Max was trying to do, and neglected to pass because of the DRS detection line, then I'd feel he's partly at fault for the contact too. Even if Max is still predominantly at fault for braking a bit too sharply.
There’s three problems with this:

1) Hamilton had no idea he was being let through (he hadn’t the message at that point) so saying he was thinking about the DRS line cannot be true. From his position on the track all he can see is Max slowing right down. Does he have a problem? Is there an incident on track? These coupled with the fact Max is so dangerous, just passing him when he doesn’t know the situation is very risky.

2) The reason Max had to let Lewis through was because of Max’s own mistake. Impacting his race temporarily should not be a consideration in when to pass. Additionally, he was trying to manufacture an illegal “let by” anyway so he doesn’t have much of a leg to stand on.

3) No matter what in F1 you cannot just slam in the brakes in that situation. It’s incredibly dangerous.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Max fanboy, Lewis fanboy or anything inbetween.. Yesterday was crazy.. I didnt understand half the things going on and how all the (absense of) penalties were lining up..

The only thing I really dont understand (regardless of any penalties or blame) why in hell Lewis stayed behind Max when he slowed down, and was even gearing back a couple times before bumping into his back.. I mean.. Why not just pass him, regardless of what you might think was going on?
If he'd have passed him there, Max would've had DRS going into the main straight

Fluctuation0161

1) he wasn't told Max was letting him past

2) It was Max who can't be trusted not to try to crash him off the track. So its not safe to assume anything with his history.

slyadams

Perhaps you should open your eyes if you've never seen me acknowledge anything Max has done wrong as I've done that plenty of times. Actually, in the post this thing started with I say I agree with a post that says Max was reckless in some corners, etc. But that doesn't fit your narrative does it? It's actually not really a response to Max doing anything at all. My post is just about Mercedes and how if you mention anything Mercedes did wrong on here you get posts like the one you just made making it all about Max. It's as if you can't talk about anything other than what everyone on here thinks Max did wrong, because then "you're trying to play a silly game of whataboutism".

Also, if that gap before the restart is in no way in violation of the rules then the rules need serious looking at because it's completely unfair to create a practically guaranteed overtake on the restart like that.

The whataboutism is because in a race where a driver has been found guilty of a brake test on a straight your comeback is that Lewis drove slowly when he was allowed to and Max didn’t know the rules so didn’t drop back to match.

Your position is akin to watching a player put in a leg breaking challenge and coming back with “well they took a throw in 5 yards too far forward so they’re just as bad”.

F-Red

So they came up with a "punishment" that has absolutely no effect or consequence. Donkeys running the FIA.
It's a bit naive to suggest anything otherwise, they want the final race to be completely equal and for it to be decided on track & not in the stewards room at the race before.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Stop trying to talk sense with Max fanboys, their golden boy can do no wrong.
he reminds me more and more of trump. a man who sees no fault in himself, only fault with others. a man who feels he can say and do what he wants and all others should just let it happen or get over it. a man who is never wrong. when there is no defence the whataboutisms start to fly, there is never a backwards step, never a pause to say i didn’t meet the expectations i set of myself today. it’s not something i’d expect him to do in public, f1 isn’t like that. i get why the team back him too. that’s good management, back him in public, bollock him in private. but it’s clear the bollocking just isn’t happening. he’s doing to same shit time after time, race after race. the same sound bites time after time, race after race. i truly believe he truly believes he has done nothing wrong in every single incident he has ever been a part of. it’s all “just racing” and if you don’t understand that it’s because you don’t understand racing. and to some degree, he’s right. he knows far more about f1 than i do. i know far more about spotting entitled, know it all pricks in their echo chambers than he does though. he’s just a trump, a life of entitlement, a life of always having a safety net, a life of not truly understanding what others have to go through, a life of thinking he always knows best and is always right. a life of feeling superior to everyone else. a life of thinking the world is against him, even though he’s has every advantage thrown his way. a life of not caring who he treads on as long as it gets him to the top. he’s just a spoilt brat.

i can’t say i’m surprised by that. he is supported by rabid fanbase who root for him no matter what (driver of the day, though to be fair to him, he did pull the move of the day.) a fanbase who believe wild conspiracies are in place to stop him getting to the top, even though he’s been treated with far more leniency than most. a fanbase who think he’s some kind of messiah, even though he is the embodiment of some of the worst aspects of f1. most f1 drivers are entitled pricks who truly believe they are the best in the world. that truly believe the only thing that is holding them back is a poor engine/team/stewardship of races. most of them also start to mellow when they get a bit older and wiser. most of them start out jumping into gaps that aren’t there because they can’t believe other, more experienced drivers wouldn’t put their car there. most have collision after collision as a result. they eventually learn 3 points are better than no points. inexplicably, max continues to do the same shit, warning after warning, collision after collision penalty after penalty. it’s almost a rite of passage that max doesn’t think he needs to finish walking through.

i just don’t see where max is learning anything. it’s just the same record played race after race. the only difference nowadays is other racers think for him and get out of his way, in his early days they assumed he’d have more duty of care and were surprised to find a car in their side moments later. max never yields. you let him overtake or you crash, you don’t take evasive action and you crash. it’s the same as just ploughing head on into someone driving on your side of the road because you had right of way, even if you had time to get over and avoid an accident. i don’t think he’s left any benefit of doubt now, he’s just a piece of shit.

and i’m not surprised by that. he has a narcissistic piece of shit father who is with him every step of the way. he’s surrounded by piece of shit bosses who follow the same idols of never criticising him and only enabling him. it’s a shame he’s talented. i honestly have no idea why he’s deified by the same people who vilify mazepin. they’re literal caricatures of each other, minus the speed and a few zeros in daddy’s bank account.

he seems to cut an increasingly isolated figure around the paddock, there doesn’t seem to be much chemistry between him and any of his teammates, past or present, or any of the other drivers or teams. there doesn’t even seem to be much begrudging respect. i never see him walking around the paddock making time to say hello or speak to other teams. he probably assumes they should be approaching him and don’t because they are all insanely jealous of him and how fast he is, rather than just because they think he’s a twat. the paddock is a sea of pricks with superiority complexes and egos to match. to not be able to find some common ground among them is a little worrying. the voices of the other drivers defending him seem to get quieter and quieter. it could be that all this is happening away from the cameras or i’ve just missed it completely, but i can’t recall as single moment of it. maybe he wasn’t always like that, maybe just fighting for the title for a few years has broken him. he just comes across as a weird guy, void of any charisma. it’s like all his f1 career personality points went on driving ability and every other aspect of his being was ignored.

i hated the schumacher years, i hated the vettel years. admittedly, the hamilton years are slightly more palatable as he is british, he brings some diversity to the rich daddy’s boy playground, he has a good backstory, and latterly, is trying to use his platform to bring about change (more than a little ironically at any given moment.) i’d still rather someone else won it, at least occasionally. utter domination isn’t good for any sport. however i’d rather see hamilton dominate for another 20 years than have verstappen win one wdc whilst behaving like this as it would only further legitimise his actions in his own mind. there would be somehow even less contrition for things that happened in future.

i’ve completely jumped the fence with regards to max. i have gone from hoping he’d reign it in and fulfil his talent to now being relieved if he never won another race. if both retired tomorrow, the sport would miss hamilton way more than verstappen. the next entitled daddy’s prick would roll off the wagon and the likes of gasly, le clerc and norris would provide the speed and drama. max is beginning to detract from the sport race after race now. every break between races is dominated by people debating his actions in the previous race. hamilton is at least wearing some killer clothes to race weekends and trying to bring about social change. one thing is for sure, max needs to change.

if max wins next week, it will be a testament to his driving ability and he does deserve to win the wdc for that but when all is said and done, he’ll be remembered for being that bloke that was fast and not a lot else. but to be fair to him, he seems like he’s ok with that.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's a bit naive to suggest anything otherwise, they want the final race to be completely equal and for it to be decided on track & not in the stewards room at the race before.
They could have give a total of 20secknds so he finished 3rd or 4th this race and then not have the double wipeout = win for him scenario in the final race.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
That's mad though isn't it, when you think about it. It's like letting an offside VAR goal stand on the penultimate round of games to ensure the title race is taken to the final day.

They've now set the precedent that brake testing somebody is a 10s penalty

F-Red

They could have give a total of 20secknds so he finished 3rd or 4th this race and then not have the double wipeout = win for him scenario in the final race.
Sorry, you're naive to think that they would do anything else. I had it down as a fine or reprimand so that it would go into the final round. Remember this is an entertainment business dressed as a sport. They would never do anything that would disrupt the narrative of the final race.

That's mad though isn't it, when you think about it. It's like letting an offside VAR goal stand on the penultimate round of games to ensure the title race is taken to the final day.

They've now set the precedent that brake testing somebody is a 10s penalty
Max is lucky to walk away with just a 10 second penalty if I'm honest. Some of the driving this year has set precedents across the board, but I didn't see them doing anything that would jeopardise the final race in that it would go in completely equal.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
1) he wasn't told Max was letting him past

2) It was Max who can't be trusted not to try to crash him off the track. So its not safe to assume anything with his history.
1) Even so.. The whole point of racing is to pass drivers which are slower than you right..

2) If this is an argument, why bother even racing at all? If it hinders you from making attempts to take on another driver because you are scared of collision?

Dont get me wrong, I fully see Max did some dangerous driving yesterday and was all but flawless.. I also agree with the penalties about gaining advantage etc in the turns.. I just really dont see why this individual moment was more his fault than Lewis' or Mercedes that Lewis bumped him.. Lewis' in his post race interview also stated that Max braked all of a sudden, while you can clearly see Lewis gearing back twice before touching Max, so he was conscious and aware of what was happening and it wasnt our of reflex that Max suddenly hit the breaks...

Uniquim

There’s three problems with this:

1) Hamilton had no idea he was being let through (he hadn’t the message at that point) so saying he was thinking about the DRS line cannot be true. From his position on the track all he can see is Max slowing right down. Does he have a problem? Is there an incident on track? These coupled with the fact Max is so dangerous, just passing him when he doesn’t know the situation is very risky.

2) The reason Max had to let Lewis through was because of Max’s own mistake. Impacting his race temporarily should not be a consideration in when to pass. Additionally, he was trying to manufacture an illegal “let by” anyway so he doesn’t have much of a leg to stand on.

3) No matter what in F1 you cannot just slam in the brakes in that situation. It’s incredibly dangerous.
Yeah I agree with you on most parts tbh.

1) Agreement in that Lewis probably didn't know. He could've suspected from the incident earlier on the same lap where he went on radio to complain about Max, but they're used to being told when someone lets them past, so I agree with him not knowing. Max lifted for quite a while before braking, Lewis had a chance to overtake prior to the contact. I think it's more likely he didn't because of the corners coming up. I don't think whether there's an incident plays into mind, because it'd be flagged on circuit and on dash, and Max lifted for longer than he himself could see ahead.

2) The purpose of giving a place back is to reset track position, and negating the illegal overtake. Prior to the illegal overtake, the overtaking car is close enough to attempt an overtake. They aren't 7 tenths apart. The purpose is to give the place back in any case. It should done at the earliest convenience that doesn't create a dangerous situation, and no other factors like DRS detection points should come into play. It shouldn't benefit the leading car by waiting for an opportune part of the track, and it shouldn't benefit the trailing car by waiting once the leading car gives way. That impacts the race for either car more than intended. It should like blue flags. If you pass more than x corners/flags without giving way after receiving a notification, you should get a warning, or just get the usual 5-second penalty immediately.

Max was trying to let Lewis past before the incident, and Lewis should've been notified before Max so he could pass once Max gave way. That way there'd be no contact.

3) Agreed. I think looking from Max's point of view, he would assume Lewis was informed, and refused to pass. As Max clearly had thought about the DRS line, and would think Lewis had the same tactic, he probably then got frustrated, possibly already feeling aggrieved, as they both would've been at that point, decided to force the overtake, thinking it was a foul move by Lewis not to overtake immediately, and then ending up being in the wrong himself.

Sum of it for me is that none of the contact would happen if Lewis was informed about Max giving the place back earlier, and then overtaking him before the incident.
Also, that Max was predominantly at fault for the contact.

RepardReece

My post is just about Mercedes and how if you mention anything Mercedes did wrong on here you get posts like the one you just made making it all about Max.
Eh, it's hard to take aim at Merc right now with how Max is behaving. Yes, they slowed down under the safety car (which was mainly to double-stack quickly), but Max is literally driving so dangerously and getting away with it, of course he becomes the talking point. He's the one crossing the line.

BrilliantOrange

Supports
Ajax Amsterdam
Eh, it's hard to take aim at Merc right now with how Max is behaving. Yes, they slowed down under the safety car (which was mainly to double-stack quickly), but Max is literally driving so dangerously and getting away with it, of course he becomes the talking point. He's the one crossing the line.
Well.. He is not getting away with it right?

He was punished for it every time during the race, and now also got the 10seconds penalty post-race..

RepardReece

Well.. He is not getting away with it right?

He was punished for it every time during the race, and now also got the 10seconds penalty post-race..
Oh yeah, because the 10second had a huge impact on the race outcome didn't it. The stewards full well knew that would do nothing to the outcome hence why they didn't even hesitate to give that penalty. It basically sets the precedent that he can continue to drive stupidly next week.