F1 2021 Season

Dan_F

He and the Mercedes are fast enough that it doesn't matter IMO.

Barring something crazy happening, Merc has it in the bag.
I know what you’re saying, but we saw in the last race that this doesn’t mean that he will just fly off before the first corner.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Wait a minute, so if Hamilton dnf's and Max is dq'd, Max is champion?!
Barring penalties, yes. But the FIA have basically said that if max purposely runs Lewis out of the race then he’ll be docked points

hobbers

I still find it fecking insane that Max only got a 10s penalty for brake testing last weekend
Because the FIA and most people, outside of Hammy fans, didn't think it was brake testing.

Any braking on a straight in the middle of a race is by definition erratic, which is what they said in their statement. They didn't say it was a deliberate attempt to brake check. The penalty obviously reflects that.

Fully Fledged

Because the FIA and most people, outside of Hammy fans, didn't think it was brake testing.

Any braking on a straight in the middle of a race is by definition erratic, which is what they said in their statement. They didn't say it was a deliberate attempt to brake check. The penalty obviously reflects that.
Norris begs to differ.

telstar96

Would be interesting to see people’s opinions if the 10sec pen had meant a demotion in position. Maybe there wouldn’t be strong allegations of brake checking?

Reminds me a bit of Silverstone. Since Lewis’s pen was insignificant then, all these nonsense allegations of Lewis punting Max off deliberately began to surface. Had the pen meant something, I think the reaction afterwards would’ve been different. It’s funny how the FIA’s judgement at time was that the outcome of an incident shouldn’t dictate the severity of the penalty and now they’re saying the complete reverse. Really shows how inconsistent they’ve been all year.

sewey89

Hmm..

hobbers

Would be interesting to see people’s opinions if the 10sec pen had meant a demotion in position. Maybe there wouldn’t be strong allegations of brake checking?

Reminds me a bit of Silverstone. Since Lewis’s pen was insignificant then, all these nonsense allegations of Lewis punting Max off deliberately began to surface. Had the pen meant something, I think the reaction afterwards would’ve been different. It’s funny how the FIA’s judgement at time was that the outcome of an incident shouldn’t dictate the severity of the penalty and now they’re saying the complete reverse. Really shows how inconsistent they’ve been all year.
Yeah, definitely agree with this.

The punishment for causing a collision/crash unintentionally for whatever reason this season has been set at a 10 second time penalty.

I think there'd be less ill feeling all round if that penalty was higher. Hamilton should have had a 10s stop-go at minimum for Silverstone. Max should then have had an equivalent penalty last Sunday, albeit it would have been in retrospect so probably a grid penalty for the next race.

ArjenIsM3

Bit late to the party but just saw the Sky Sports Christmas video. Christ. How low can you go? Absolutely disgusting that.

sewey89

Yeah, definitely agree with this.

The punishment for causing a collision/crash unintentionally for whatever reason this season has been set at a 10 second time penalty.

I think there'd be less ill feeling all round if that penalty was higher. Hamilton should have had a 10s stop-go at minimum for Silverstone. Max should then have had an equivalent penalty last Sunday, albeit it would have been in retrospect so probably a grid penalty for the next race.
Do you think Max should’ve got a penalty for the move in Brazil?

hobbers

Do you think Max should’ve got a penalty for the move in Brazil?
Yeah, probably 5 or 10 seconds.

But if what Lewis did in Silverstone and Max did in Saudi Arabia are both 10 second time penalties, then compared with that it's not even worth penalising. I think they've got penalties wrong across the board all season.

sewey89

Yeah, probably 5 or 10 seconds.

But if what Lewis did in Silverstone and Max did in Saudi Arabia are both 10 second time penalties, then compared with that it's not even worth penalising. I think they've got penalties wrong across the board all season.
I agree on your last point. I think silverstone and Brazil were very similar, just that Lewis backed out in Brazil and max didn’t at Silverstone. I think both deserved penalties for those incidents, but once again, and into your last point, I think the stewards took the easy way out. I’m fairly certain that had Max won in Brazil and Saudi, then his penalties would’ve been harsher.

It’s why it’s so important that this race is won on the track and not decided by the stewards. Everything is so subjective.

Last edited:

sewey89

Unfortunately it is. All over the news here. Marca posting about it too. It's since been taken down but Red Bull are disgusted that Sky Sports aired it and rightly so. This is the sort of thing you'd expect from cnuts on Twitter, not from a TV network.

https://www.marca.com/en/f1/2021/12/10/61b3967fe2704e5c288b45f2.html
Yeah, that’s shocking. F1 shouldn’t be advertised as some kind of demolition Derby.. they’ve surely got enough cool shots of one of the drivers crossing the line with the chequered flag waving, or something…. Anything!?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
F1 couldn't really have scripted the season any better. I hope this weekend lives up to the billing and we get the incredible climax we deserve, regardless of who wins.

Dan_F

That Sky thing is more just weird rather than anything else. I don’t know why they would use that video behind a Merry Christmas message, it literally makes no sense on any level.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
If Max gets disqualified then there’s every likely he will also incur a points deductions which will then giv Hamilton the title.
Barring penalties, yes. But the FIA have basically said that if max purposely runs Lewis out of the race then he’ll be docked points
Not necessarily because the FIA have said that they are prepared to take action against a driver who drives unfairly.
Ah fair enough, would be insane if he could just ram Hamilton and win.

Dan_F

I’m glad the season is ending, it’s become really toxic. If they aren’t careful it will definitely start to turn people off. I can only speak for myself but the more I see interviews with Horner, the more I dislike Red Bull. I’ve never really been like that with F1. I’ve always had favourite drivers, but never actively disliked teams.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I’m glad the season is ending, it’s become really toxic. If they aren’t careful it will definitely start to turn people off. I can only speak for myself but the more I see interviews with Horner, the more I dislike Red Bull. I’ve never really been like that with F1. I’ve always had favourite drivers, but never actively disliked teams.
F1 always gets toxic when the championship is close between drivers. That’s nothing new and is quite easy to forget because in the last decade + we have really had one team dominating, first RB and then Merc - bar a season or two here or there. But, what’s different about this and certainly something I don’t really recall, is how that seems to have spilt into the teams overall. I may be wrong but you used to have a sense of respect from team bosses and they generally used to be relatively level headed regardless of the nonsense on track. Horner in particular this year has just taken it to a new low. Drivers like Schumi who were hot heads, even Lewis to an extent, were quickly forced to mature. Max has been in F1 for a long time, and he still shows immaturity on the track. And as much as it is in his nature, I can’t help but feel he would not drive this way, behave differently, and consequently be significantly more likeable, if he had a more respectable team boss than Horner.

Darkhorsez

Bit late to the party but just saw the Sky Sports Christmas video. Christ. How low can you go? Absolutely disgusting that.
Ha ha! I would ask Horner that question. Listen I am not saying it is right or wrong. But I watch a lot of Sky and they have several Christmas videos! Interesting that a Max fan boy picking that one and getting worked up by it. Go figure.

Abizzz

Red Bull being disgusted by that is rather hilarious.

Death sponsoring w*nkers. (The company, not the F1 team)

Dan_F

Imagine the hysteria if they did a slow motion clip of that tyre bouncing off of Lewis' helmet in Monza to some jolly christmas music. Lots of his most ardent fans would be straight into therapy, if they weren't there already.
I genuinely wouldn’t give it a second thought. They’ve used that crash in promos plenty of times through the season, that’s all it is, a promo. The Red Bull statement felt like a chance to mention he went to hospital again.

Balljy

Imagine the hysteria if they did a slow motion clip of that tyre bouncing off of Lewis' helmet in Monza to some jolly christmas music. Lots of his most ardent fans would be straight into therapy, if they weren't there already.
They did do that, it wasn't just the Max video. The difference with the Max one was he ended up in hospital hence why it was particularly distasteful

Sky Sports Merry Christmas Monza Edition (streamable.com)

F-Red

Oscar Piastri picking up the F2 title this morning, his third consecutive title in three seasons. Criminal how he’s not got a seat in F1 over Zhou.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
i, for one, am looking forward to the merry christmas sky overlay of my grandad’s final moments before the cancer got the better of him and he slipped away. believe in better.

pauldyson1uk

This is it title deciding race weekend.
Looking forward to it.
I think it will be a good hard race, I dont see any shenanigans, from Max or Lewis, they both have to much to lose, seeing lots of talk on other site, that Max will take out oy himself and Lewis , I dont see that happening.
Horner's smear comment is pathetic on his part, Max is doing a good job himself.
Red Bull this season I think have been an embarrassment on and off the track, none more than Helmut Marko.
Toto is no angel, said his fair share of bullshit this season,

I see Lewis winning with Max second and Horner moaning about it and maybe lodging some sort of grievance, but if Max wins then he will have earnt it also, I have said many time I think Max is an excellent driver and will win a few WC.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
i, for one, am looking forward to the merry christmas sky overlay of my grandad’s final moments before the cancer got the better of him and he slipped away. believe in better.
:lol: