F1 2021 Season

Leg-End

The Red Bull has been a great car over one lap, the Merc generally has been great in race trim.

Its perfectly balanced, a clean lap one and this will be great.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I don't think so.

They looked quick with a tug and on soft's. Before that Merc had the pace.
It was neck and neck on the mediums before Max flatspotted, with RBs comfortably quicker on softs.
If it's going to come down to strategy, Red Bull must have the edge too, given Merc's propensity to feck things up.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Not a disaster for Hamilton imo. Strategy is going to be very important tomorrow. If Hamilton was on pole he would've struggled to keep Verstappen off him on that first corner anyway.

Widow

It was neck and neck on the mediums before Max flatspotted, with RBs comfortably quicker on softs.
If it's going to come down to strategy, Red Bull must have the edge too, given Merc's propensity to feck things up.
Obviously, they are quicker tyres.

RB will not want to go for a two stopper as that would mean they have to get 23ish seconds from somewhere. Pole usually wins but the pole sitter doesn't usually start on different tyres than the rest.

The soft's will start to go and the advantage will go to Merc. Can they take advantage though, that's the question.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

RB will not want to go for a two stopper as that would mean they have to get 23ish seconds from somewhere. Pole usually wins but the pole sitter doesn't usually start on different tyres than the rest.

The soft's will start to go and the advantage will go to Merc. Can they take advantage though, that's the question.
When they were both on sofas in Q3.

Pole always wins here, but they've tweaked the track so who knows.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

I struggle to see a 1 stop race now with the softs

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
One lap pace is very different to race pace with 100kg of fuel on board.
Yeah thanks? Im obviously aware of that. Nonetheless all through practice the RB race pass was actually better than their qualifying relatively to Merc, so yeah, my statement still stands.

Maroon Lucifer

I don't think the mediums are a big advantage in the race, because the only tyre related comments i recall have been about temperature, right?
I can't remember anyone over the weekend complaining about graining or anything like that, or am I wrong here?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I really wish I’d put some money on Max when he was 2/1 to win the WC after last weeks race. Neck and neck with the bookies now

hobbers

Maybe one day you'll understand the sport. At this stage it's like talking with a child.
You have 570 some posts and almost all of them are you throwing your toys out the pram about Max in some way or other. Are you sure you wouldn't be happier in the Xbox vs PS thread?

They did do that, it wasn't just the Max video. The difference with the Max one was he ended up in hospital hence why it was particularly distasteful

Sky Sports Merry Christmas Monza Edition (streamable.com)
:lol: I guess you have to give the props for knowing their audience.

The Hilton

You have 570 some posts and almost all of them are you throwing your toys out the pram about Max in some way or other. Are you sure you wouldn't be happier in the Xbox vs PS thread?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The lack of self awareness is incredible! I reckon you might actually fail a Turing test!

hobbers

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The lack of self awareness is incredible! I reckon you might actually fail a Turing test!
Maybe you should make a Max vs Lewis fanboy thread for next season and you two can keep all of your ranting in there. Keep the F1 thread for F1 fans.

Fluctuation0161

The irony is brilliant.
:lol: :lol:

I think a little reflection on your own posting would serve you better than counting mine. :lol:

RoadTrip

Can we just stop with the nonsense already? It’s quite clear that none of you will ever find ground to agree on, life would be so much easier and better if you all just ignored each other.

RoadTrip

Looking at race pace sim in FP2, I think Max could quite comfortably run away with this. The only hope for Merc is that the drop in pace in sector 3 was due to getting the tyres in the right window vs raw grip between the two. If it’s the former, then on race day it shouldn’t have the same impact.

One surprising thing is the straight line speed of RB. They’ve run a small wing. Which on softs which have more grip, might be manageable. Merc have to hope that on the harder compounds, they have a big speed advantage where the lack of tyre grip is amplified by the lower downforce set up which RB are running to have pace on the straights.

It’s definitely looking in RBs favour, but never know.

The Hilton

Maybe you should make a Max vs Lewis fanboy thread for next season and you two can keep all of your ranting in there. Keep the F1 thread for F1 fans.
:lol::lol::lol:

Yet more projection, you could probably put a PowerPoint presentation on the moon!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Looks like 2 stops for Max and 1 stop for Lewis then?

The Hilton

Looking at race pace sim in FP2, I think Max could quite comfortably run away with this. The only hope for Merc is that the drop in pace in sector 3 was due to getting the tyres in the right window vs raw grip between the two. If it’s the former, then on race day it shouldn’t have the same impact.

One surprising thing is the straight line speed of RB. They’ve run a small wing. Which on softs which have more grip, might be manageable. Merc have to hope that on the harder compounds, they have a big speed advantage where the lack of tyre grip is amplified by the lower downforce set up which RB are running to have pace on the straights.

It’s definitely looking in RBs favour, but never know.
It does look like this is Max's to lose, Red Bull are much craftier as a team and they seem to have the speed advantage here too.

The only question is about whether the softs can hold up, Lewis needs to hope that they can't.

RoadTrip

It does look like this is Max's to lose, Red Bull are much craftier as a team and they seem to have the speed advantage here too.

The only question is about whether the softs can hold up, Lewis needs to hope that they can't.
Yeah, throughout the year Red Bull have simply been more astute in terms of strategy and tactics. Don’t think the tow made a big difference today, but throughout the season it’s usually felt like Merc are strategically off the pace.

The split strategy does make it interesting. If Max stays ahead of Lewis at the start, he could pull away on that softer tyre early doors. The challenge for RB is that they almost need to commit to a direction right at the start. Either Max pushes and they commit to a 2 stop, in which case he can build the gap. Or they go for trying for a 1 stop and in that case he might not pull away to preserve the tyres. There is a fair bit of risk in both cases though.

hobbers

Lewis will have to be wary of those on the softs behind him getting a jump. I just checked, it's virtually everyone except Bottas?

If he can stay behind Max he'll have a great chance.

Last edited:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The Dutch media hype, nay, indoctrination to make us love Max is reaching insane levels. I'm bombarded from all sides by it at work, in traffic, in the fecking supermarkt, everywhere. Most of my friends have fallen for it and bought Zandvoort tickets for nearly 700 euro's a piece. It's madness.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Before today (and the past 3 races) my head says Merc will win.

Anything can happen this season and I would still love Merc to lose for Max & Honda to get a win after Merc’s ridiculous dominance.

It has turned sour though, I’d love for them both to ram into each other and both get disqualified from the championship.

I’m already looking forward to next year with the new regs and a few other drivers involved.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
The Dutch media hype, nay, indoctrination to make us love Max is reaching insane levels. I'm bombarded from all sides by it at work, in traffic, in the fecking supermarkt, everywhere. Most of my friends have fallen for it and bought Zandvoort tickets for nearly 700 euro's a piece. It's madness.
:lol: Aye, it's insane. I've even spoken to some old posh lady friends of my mother, the type who are married to a former professor or doctor and normally only care about art and classical music concerts, who've been completely riled up and excited about this F1 season.

I guess that's what you get when your national football team sucks big time for almost a decade, and the only other 'sport' you're good at as a nation is schaatsen. Luckily everything closes at 17:00 hr because of lockdown and it's freezing cold outside, because Max might not win it tomorrow, and in a normal world I could definitely see all these 50 year old bald guys with beer bellies wearing Red Bull shirts as casual clothing going ballistic if he'd lose.