F1 2022 Season

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I hope they remove the direct link to race control as well.
I don't, I love hearing them bitch and moan they should penalise it if it's excessive, or give them a 3 challenge per race rule or something. Or the race director should grow some balls and say back to the principle 'you realise I'm not the right person to be asking about stewarding decisions, right? I mean, you know that - right?'

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
So it seems Peter Bayer will be in control, but Masi will still be involved to some degree. Sounds like a demotion with less influence than 2021, definitely a good thing.

spiriticon

Masi can be anywhere but race control. He can have a job clearing the rubbish at the end of the race, if I had a say about it.

I might be able to stomach following another season closely if Masi is gone, but quite frankly I still think it's probably waste of time and that watching the C4 1-hr highlights will do.

The Firestarter

I don't, I love hearing them bitch and moan they should penalise it if it's excessive, or give them a 3 challenge per race rule or something. Or the race director should grow some balls and say back to the principle 'you realise I'm not the right person to be asking about stewarding decisions, right? I mean, you know that - right?'
To me this comm doesn't make sense, it's like the football coaches being able to talk to the ref on his handsfree throughout the entire game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's been clear all season that Masi cannot handle the pressure. He's essentially a referee that blows the whistle whenever the crowd shout and scream.

Either Mercedes asked for him to be removed or the FIA realised he's made a monumental feck up and damaged the sports reputation.

It'll be nice to get some clarity, but I hope we never have to hear his voice again.

Abizzz

To me this comm doesn't make sense, it's like the football coaches being able to talk to the ref on his handsfree throughout the entire game.
The thing with racing is it's a lot more cooperative sport than ballgames etc. You can't have a good race without a good opponent that respects you, and vice versa. And (as seen often enough this season) the rules aren't as clear cut and applicable all the time. People argue over handball in football despite that theoretically being a straight forward rule.

Which is why scum moves like brake checking are so frowned upon by the community, and why there was so much furor about drivers not being punished for very very obvious rule breaking.

But F1 has to fight it's way back to becoming a proper sport now anyway. Never seen a football match called "played" on the basis that the referee walked out and blew the whistle twice.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
As a minimum Masi has to be fired. He broke the rules. FIA need to ensure that such a sporting travesty cant be allowed to happen again. It damages the integrity of the sport. I do hope Lewis comes back for a run at number 8 again.

Cant imagine how tough it must be for him, that if the rules were implemented correctly at the end of saftey car period he would have been 8 times world champion. Thats really gotta hurt.

IF lewis didn't come back, Mercedes would probably look for an experienced pair of hands. Getting Bottas back would be difficult, getting lando in would be impossible. Pretty sure Alonso would offer to drive for free to get into the Mercedes. He'd be the closest to hamilton for skill and experience and his ability challenge max every race.
Mercedes wouldn't take him even if he paid for his seat.

dinostar77

Mercedes wouldn't take him even if he paid for his seat.
I think you'd be suprised. If lewis did retire who else on the grid can challenge max regularly and is a former wdc? The list is short: Alonso.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
It's been clear all season that Masi cannot handle the pressure. He's essentially a referee that blows the whistle whenever the crowd shout and scream.

Either Mercedes asked for him to be removed or the FIA realised he's made a monumental feck up and damaged the sports reputation.

It'll be nice to get some clarity, but I hope we never have to hear his voice again.
Same here.
Even I still struggle to comprehend what was going through Masi head at the end of that last so called race.
So I can fully understand what the Mercedes team and Lewis Hamilton in particular must be feeling.
Words cannot describe how I felt then and still do now. But injustice is a good one.

The onus is now fully on the FIA to sort this situation out well before the start of what should have been an exciting new season.
And if it does not do so and if Hamilton decides he has had enough, there will be a big black cloud hanging over not just 2022, but 2021 as well.

dinostar77

The new leaked FIA org chart does make it look like Masi is gone. But officially he wint be sacked until after the abu dhabi enquory has reported back.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
The only way I see Lewis racing next year is if Masi is gone or the FIA at least promise to make big changes. I don't see him racing in F1 beyond that though, it sounds like he's done with the sport and he has plenty of interests outside of it.

Zarlak

It's not, because Masi isn't really the referee that's the stewards. If anything, it'd be like football implementing a person that the teams complain to specifically to stop players crowding the referee, or the managers storming the field at half time and chewing the referee's ear off - and it'd be fun to listen to.

Zarlak

The only way I see Lewis racing next year is if Masi is gone or the FIA at least promise to make big changes. I don't see him racing in F1 beyond that though, it sounds like he's done with the sport and he has plenty of interests outside of it.
It's all drama. Literally at the end of the race he said about making sure he beats them next year. He isn't going to walk away until he gets 8.

The Firestarter

It's not, because Masi isn't really the referee that's the stewards. If anything, it'd be like football implementing a person that the teams complain to specifically to stop players crowding the referee, or the managers storming the field at half time and chewing the referee's ear off - and it'd be fun to listen to.
He has the ability to stop the race, so his position is not just for people to complain to.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
He has the ability to stop the race if there is reason to do so. His job is to make sure the rules are adhered to.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
well i know who i’m supporting next season

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
aston martin will be hoping mike krack will bring them a race win next season.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Zak has had quite a bit to say recently - whilst he also likely has an agenda I have to say I generally agree with him re big teams making decisions and what has gone on last season.

I'm not sure where I stand with the sprint races yet, I think the format around qualifying and race grid needs tweaking slightly but it probably adds a bit more to the weekend especially if they can overtake cars this year.

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/the-year-ahead-zak-brown-2022/

"There have been systemic issues around alignment and clarity on who makes the rules - the FIA or the teams - that have manifested themselves in the past couple of years, at times in a high-profile way.

Brown added: "It is clear that some of the rules and their governance are not acceptable as things stand. No one is happy with the inconsistency in the policing of the regulations, but which has been habitually exploited by teams for competitive advantage.

"I have said before that the teams have too much power and it needs to be reduced. We have a significant role in the drafting of the regulations and governance of Formula 1 and that influence is not always driven by what is best overall for the sport."
"It is the teams who applied the pressure to avoid finishing races under a Safety Car at all costs," he added.

"It is the teams who voted for many of the regulations they have complained about. It is the teams who have been using the broadcasting of radio messages to the race director to try to influence penalties and race outcomes, to the point where an over-excited team principal plays to the gallery and pressurises race officials. This has not been edifying for F1. At times it's felt like a pantomime audition rather than the pinnacle of a global sport."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60036659
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/1...ontroversy-symptom-of-wider-rulemaking-issues

Pretty punchy all round especially with a Mercedes in the back, good job VW will be joining F1.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
What’s the fuss with F1 wanting to treat their product like a videogame? Hardcore fans are less and less, and you cannot have only one team winning year after year if you want casual fans following your circus. Then… be it. Would you bet Ferrari is going to be favorably looked after, this season, as far as the rules allow (and even more)?

We need an rvn

So has the big baby decided if he’s going to race again yet? :lol::lol::lol:
Talk about throwing your toys out of the pram
Masi deserves to get the sack for the shambles from last season.

LH has every right to wait to see what happens to him before deciding whether to race again or not if Masi is left in charge to call as and when he sees fit to change the rules.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Masi deserves to get the sack for the shambles from last season.

LH has every right to wait to see what happens to him before deciding whether to race again or not if Masi is left in charge to call as and when he sees fit to change the rules.
Hes coming across as a petulant child who’s not getting his way. Either he’s so insecure about his legacy (tbf, he’s lost a massive point not winning 5 in a row in that car) or he’s just a massive sore loser:

He’s had the rub of the green massively for 7 years. Harden up a little and get over it.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Imagine telling a multi winning world champion to harden up :lol: I think he's mentally tougher than of any us here put together.

Abizzz

The dominance has really taken it's toll on some people.

I bet some in here harden up by doing the dishes after an argument with the girlfriend :lol:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Hes coming across as a petulant child who’s not getting his way. Either he’s so insecure about his legacy (tbf, he’s lost a massive point not winning 5 in a row in that car) or he’s just a massive sore loser:

He’s had the rub of the green massively for 7 years. Harden up a little and get over it.
Great injustice - just harden up and get over it.

Sure.

slyadams

That's the 4th official, most managers spend the entire game moaning at them.

spiriticon

If Lewis doesn't want to race and doesn't want to be a pawn in the big F1 game anymore, then he doesn't. Why should he 'harden up' for just for peoples entertainment?

There are plenty of other series to race, especially in Europe and America.

F1 is but a drop in the ocean.