F1 2022 Season

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This sort of thing doesn’t surprise me anymore, I mean half the people in this thread seem like they probably use these terms outside the public eye

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Wow the Max hate in here is crazy. You guys find a way to bring his name in for something he wasn't involved in. Is Piquet involved with RB on some official capacity to suspend him?

It's also weird that a British forum hates RB, which is based in the UK and seem to support a German car manufacturer more.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone on here came up with a conspiracy that Max asked Piquet to say all this :lol:
Imagine waking up, seeing this on the news, making a point of posting on RedCafe to defend Max (or specifically point out why he is innocent and how this place is just filled with Max haters), as if it is the most pertinent thing to do in relation to this story, when no one has even criticised him, or accused him of anything, except pointing out the relationship Max has with the man who made the statement, that Max may not have great role models, and highlighting the double standards of the team Max drives for in not willing to make a statement.

Just imagine. Can only think of a handful of reasons one might think like this.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Fair enough, I'm just surprised that RBR seem to be hated here, but they also are a team based in the UK. Perhaps because their more popular drivers aren't British.
Probably because their team is full of Helmuts.

Dan_F

Fair enough, I'm just surprised that RBR seem to be hated here, but they also are a team based in the UK. Perhaps because their more popular drivers aren't British.
I’ve never understood why people support teams anyway. Apart from Italian’s supporting Ferrari as it’s so synonymous with their country.

LoneStar

Imagine waking up, seeing this on the news, making a point of posting on RedCafe to defend Max (or specifically point out why he is innocent and how this place is just filled with Max haters), as if it is the most pertinent thing to do in relation to this story, when no one has even criticised him, or accused him of anything, except pointing out the relationship Max has with the man who made the statement, that Max may not have great role models, and highlighting the double standards of the team Max drives for in not willing to make a statement.

Can only think of a handful of reasons one might think like this.
Yeah sure man, this forum fecking adores Max. It's quite clear if you read this thread that Max isn't exactly beloved on here, to say the least.

Yes, I totally live for gaining karma on this forum. It's not because I stumbled on this thread on General. I make it a point to defend Max on random internet forums. If you think of it that way, the whole forum is filled with grown men and women posting a shitload of messages on football and other sports. I guess you are above it all though, good for you.

RoadTrip

Yeah sure man, this forum fecking adores Max. It's quite clear if you read this thread that Max isn't exactly beloved on here, to say the least.

Yes, I totally live for gaining karma on this forum. It's not because I stumbled on this thread on General. I make it a point to defend Max on random internet forums. If you think of it that way, the whole forum is filled with grown men and women posting a shitload of messages on football and other sports. I guess you are above it all though, good for you.
I never said this forum loves Max. Pretty clear he is very much hated here. And you’ve missed the point. Imagine reading a story about racism but choosing not to comment on that, but rather highlighting how one largely unrelated person to the matter is hated on the forum.

LoneStar

I never said this forum loves Max. Pretty clear he is very much hated here. And you’ve missed the point. Imagine reading a story about racism but choosing not to comment on that, but rather highlighting how one largely unrelated person to the matter is hated on the forum.
And you don't think bringing up Max's name at all in this whole conversation serves no purpose? Did he do anything, or is he controlling what other people say?

The anger should be directed at Piquet. Imagine saying Max has a bad influence all around, when he has done or shown no behaviour of racism. Why bring up his name at all?

The Hilton

Wow the Max hate in here is crazy. You guys find a way to bring his name in for something he wasn't involved in. Is Piquet involved with RB on some official capacity to suspend him?

It's also weird that a British forum hates RB, which is based in the UK and seem to support a German car manufacturer more.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone on here came up with a conspiracy that Max asked Piquet to say all this :lol:
It isn't weird at all, Red Bull Racing is spearheaded by the least likeable person in F1 in Horner, and has a toxic atmosphere that turns drivers into equally unlikeable personalities (look at Vettel then compared to now, totally different person).

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
And you don't think bringing up Max's name at all in this whole conversation serves no purpose? Did he do anything, or is he controlling what other people say?

The anger should be directed at Piquet. Imagine saying Max has a bad influence all around, when he has done or shown no behaviour of racism. Why bring up his name at all?
if max is blamesless then why hasn’t he ever gone on record saying the holocaust was bad?

RoadTrip

Again, you are missing the point. You made a point to defend Max, but not to criticise what was said about Hamilton. It means you prioritise defending Max (invalidly, see below) than condemning a racist comment. People can make of that what they will I suppose.

On your questions, you have created this fictitious scenario where Max has been criticised for what Piquet has said. Key word being fictitious. Because no one has criticised him. Purpose of raising it? Is it not noteworthy to raise his relationship with Piquet, when assessing the potential issue of bias in respect of why Red Bull haven’t issued a statement of condemnation, like every other team, but were very quick to dismiss someone in their team? Is it not a relevant information point?

And, let’s assume people brought Max in to smear his name. Even in that scenario, my first point in this post still stands. Defending his name is more important to you than the issue of racism, or at least, in addressing a racist quote.

F-Red

Maybe two quotes in one day is too much for them to condone racism?
Vips removed all association with Red Bull from his socials last week, they’ve been sitting on this story for a few days at the very least, waiting for the right time. I’m guessing they thought this was it, trying to nail two birds with one stone but missing one bird.

dinostar77

Max's girlfriend is getting herself in more trouble online. Liking a post that supports her dads comment about lewis hamilton.

Can see Maxs people having a chat with the young lady and telling her to wind her neck in. Max and his sponsors really dont need that sort of association.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Neither did I till today.
He really does not have good roll models surrounding him.
Piquet was on of the driver I grew up watching, his battles with Senna were epic, but all the respect I had ,has gone.
Didn’t he chuck a tanty after Schumacher joined Benneton and was quick as ducked and told Flavio to stick it and retired?

Fluctuation0161

I know people will say they shouldn't have to say anything but other team like Ferrari are. It's about standing up to racism whoever is involved. Especially when you look the young Red Bull driver situation a week ago and Nelson being linked to Max, a little tweet of support to Lewis wouldn't kill them.
Horrible organisation with Marko and Horner at the wheel.

Fluctuation0161

Just imagine. Can only think of a handful of reasons one might think like this.
Didn't you know, Max is the persecuted one. Spare a thought for the real prejudice in this World, against Max.

hobbers

Imagine being blinkered enough to think Ferrari and Mercedes' platitude statements are more impactful than actually terminating the contract of a driver for using racist language.

Well, dont have to imagine. That's what this thread is for.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Imagine being blinkered enough to think Ferrari and Mercedes' platitude statements are more impactful than actually terminating the contract of a driver for using racist language.

That was as much a formality as the statements from Ferrari and Mercedes. In situations like that their hand is basically forced when it's a nobody we're talking about. If Max had said it on stream, there is a 0% chance that Red Bull would have done anything remotely similar.

hobbers

That was as much a formality as the statements from Ferrari and Mercedes. In situations like that their hand is basically forced when it's a nobody we're talking about. If Max had said it on stream, there is a 0% chance that Red Bull would have done anything remotely similar.
It was a formality and of course Mercedes and Ferrari havent had the 'opportunity' to sack an employee for something like that. But still no debating that action sends the stronger message against racism than retweeting a PR statement.

But yeh it would be interesting to see what would happen if Max or Lando or Leclerc were caught saying something similar on a stream.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
I used to find Lewis's early driving style overly aggressive but now I realise both that and his demeanour was probably a defence mechanism to all the shit he has been through pursuing a career in motor-racing.

F1 is such an ugly sport and Lewis is one of the few good guys.
That's what one can conclude if you hear from the dad all the stories they had to face during the early days.

There is always a perception/bias that when a black or minority guy is successful and confident, the world sees him as arrogant and detestable. It's both for historical and cultural reasons.

It's less likely the case with white guys who are successful.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Some people in this thread, seem to care more about defending their team/driver, than looking at the actual issue. I don't see how people commenting that it looks bad on Redbull for not commenting on the issue, particularly when there is a family link to the person who has made the actual comments. That isn't hate on Max as some claim, its a valid comment on the current situation.

F-Red

Red Bull only went live with the statement today because of Piquets comments. The Vips decision was made last week and they’ve sat on the statement.

Let’s not make out the actual decision on Vips was accelerated because of Piquets comments, rather than the fortunate timing of a related statement.

Red Bull’s association with Piquet, connected through Verstappen, still needs addressing regardless of the Vips position.

mitChley

Red Bull only went live with the statement today because of Piquets comments. The Vips decision was made last week and they’ve sat on the statement.

Let’s not make out the actual decision on Vips was accelerated because of Piquets comments, rather than the fortunate timing of a related statement.

Red Bull’s association with Piquet, connected through Verstappen, still needs addressing regardless of the Vips position.
Red Bull sat on the statement in case a comment from Piquet made a year ago just happened to resurface? I'd love to have a go on their crystal ball.

F-Red

Red Bull sat on the statement in case a comment from Piquet made a year ago just happened to resurface? I'd love to have a go on their crystal ball.
No, that’s not what I said. The Vips decision was made last week, he took down any association with Red Bull at the back end of last week. They could have made the statement over the weekend or Monday, most likely they were going to make it on Thursday ahead of the F2 race this weekend.

This Piquet incident fell as an opportune time to get the Vips statement out, but still doesn’t address the Piquet issue as his association by proxy (more so when you see his daughters activity) to Red Bull.

mitChley

No, that’s not what I said. The Vips decision was made last week, he took down any association with Red Bull at the back end of last week. They could have made the statement over the weekend or Monday, most likely they were going to make it on Thursday ahead of the F2 race this weekend.

This Piquet incident fell as an opportune time to get the Vips statement out, but still doesn’t address the Piquet issue as his association by proxy (more so when you see his daughters activity) to Red Bull.
Yes, it is what you said. You are assuming the decision was made last week, Vips removing stuff from Instagram might suggest that but I've known athletes to do it to preempt anything (example, British Weightlifer Sarah Davies). I'd agree it's likely but you know what they say about assuming...

You are also suggesting Red Bull delayed the announcement for....what reason? Then it just so happened that within a week of them telling Vips, but not making a statement, the Piquet racist comments from a year ago came out.

I've no problem hating Marko and think Horner is a smug twat but the mental logistics the last few days have been incredible.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Considering Vips is a nobody who probably wasn't going to make it anyway, it's not that grand of a statement.

Publicly condemning a 3x world champion who just happens to be the granddad of the current world champion and your golden boy - now that would be a statement.

Clearly though, racism isn't important enough to rock the red bull boat ;)

F-Red

Yes, it is what you said. You are assuming the decision was made last week, Vips removing stuff from Instagram might suggest that but I've known athletes to do it to preempt anything (example, British Weightlifer Sarah Davies). I'd agree it's likely but you know what they say about assuming...

You are also suggesting Red Bull delayed the announcement for....what reason? Then it just so happened that within a week of them telling Vips, but not making a statement, the Piquet racist comments from a year ago came out.

I've no problem hating Marko and think Horner is a smug twat but the mental logistics the last few days have been incredible.
Waiting for the F2 interviews on Thursday ahead of the racing this weekend in which Vips will be racing for Hitech.

My point really is they need to address the Piquet issue considering the indirect links to the team. Making a statement about Vips isn’t really talking about the same thing albeit the same subject.

Personally, I can’t believe in 2022 we’re still having to debate the whether calling out racism, or over communicating on similar matters is the right thing or not.