F1 2022 Season

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Can't wait for this season.
Will any of Aston Martin, Renault or McLaren challenge at the front?
How will Hamilton fare against Russell?
How will Max deal with defending his championship?
Will Haas get up the grid a bit as they've been focusing on this year longer than anyone else.
Will the cars be able to follow each other closer?

Actually on that last point, if they are able to follow closer will they get rid of DRS?

Fluctuation0161

any one see the cry more hamilton fan boys at aston moaning, crying about the final few laps of last year? crazy the lengths hamilton fans will go to.

seb wettle

lance troll

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/60325767
Must be Hamilton fans those 2 drivers.

It's apparently only Hamilton fans who want fair competition. According to some idiotic posts I've read on here, at least.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
The red bull side pod construction is actually quite interesting compared to the other two. It’s a lot prettier in general.

Im trying to work out if their intakes are significantly larger, or is their side pod alot more narrow.

The form suggests that the intake may create further drag but provide better induction.

ChaddyP

The red bull side pod construction is actually quite interesting compared to the other two. It’s a lot prettier in general.

Im trying to work out if their intakes are significantly larger, or is their side pod alot more narrow.

The form suggests that the intake may create further drag but provide better induction.
Don't take anything away from the redbull car. It's an F1 show car they probably borrowed and painted in redbull livery. We won't see the real thing till testing.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Looking forward to the season. People in here still being so bitter about Max winning is the perfect icing on the cake for me :drool:

Though what goes around probably will come around for Red Bull this year. While Honda staying more involved than originally planned is a good thing for them, they put so much into last season and had so many fantastic peak performances, I don’t see how they can replicate that with so little time and so many changes. Expecting it to be a frustrating season for them.

A bit like the Italian national team, they peaked at the perfect moment last summer of course and looked like a fantastic side who very deservedly won the Euro’s, actually not playing like cowards for a change. But in the short time since then they’ve had draws against teams like Bulgaria, Northern Ireland and Poland, of course got knocked out of the Nations League by Spain.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looking forward to the season. People in here still being so bitter about Max winning is the perfect icing on the cake for me :drool:

Though what goes around probably will come around for Red Bull this year. While Honda staying more involved than originally planned is a good thing for them, they put so much into last season and had so many fantastic peak performances, I don’t see how they can replicate that with so little time and so many changes. Expecting it to be a frustrating season for them.

A bit like the Italian national team, they peaked at the perfect moment last summer of course and looked like a fantastic side who very deservedly won the Euro’s, actually not playing like cowards for a change. But in the short time since then they’ve had draws against teams like Bulgaria, Northern Ireland and Poland, of course got knocked out of the Nations League by Spain.
everybody conveniently forgets the FIA literally changed the rules to clip mercedes wings and let red bull have a chance. Merc nearly still caught them up and beat them.

They’ve had their year to be smug, but it wouldn’t surprise me if this just provokes another stretch of domination.

No doubt there could be a shake up of the order with a few surprises somewhere, but i’d be very happy if somehow every team was within 1 second of each other. let the best driver truly shine.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It seems to have gone under the radar but Lando Norris committing another 4 more years to Mclaren is huge.

I hope we can give him a car to show his immense talent fully this time around.

hobbers

everybody conveniently forgets the FIA literally changed the rules to clip mercedes wings and let red bull have a chance. Merc nearly still caught them up and beat them.

They’ve had their year to be smug, but it wouldn’t surprise me if this just provokes another stretch of domination.

No doubt there could be a shake up of the order with a few surprises somewhere, but i’d be very happy if somehow every team was within 1 second of each other. let the best driver truly shine.
Merc had already caught them up by Silverstone in fairness and overtaken by Monza.

I'd like both teams to feck up and McLaren/Ferrari to steal a march.

Can't have another season of Ferrari being over 1s per lap slower than the Merc on race pace.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

It's not their actual car, it's just the F1 test car with the livery. Some of the teams aren't revealing their actual cars they're just doing marketing by painting one of these from the FIA.

The Hilton

The Aston Martin car is a thing of beauty, the livery looks great.

Definitely a tough act to follow in the looks department.

The Hilton

I like it when act like your above this when you're one of the worst at this. Look at the last page or 2 calling people fanboys and calling most of Lewis titles fixed. You're just as bad as the fanboys.
I used to think like this, but I've done a full 180 now, and I hold him as among the best online trolls I've ever seen.

The total lack of self awareness is part of the act.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The Aston Martin car is a thing of beauty, the livery looks great.

Definitely a tough act to follow in the looks department.
I think the car itself looks great from the side (apart from the front wing) and back, but from the front it's not beautiful. And the livery is awful, looks like Senegal's worst ever football kit.

The Hilton

I think the car itself looks great from the side (apart from the front wing) and back, but from the front it's not beautiful. And the livery is awful, looks like Senegal's worst ever football kit.
:lol: Fair enough, different stokes for different folks, the images I've seen I thought it looked great.

The Firestarter

I fear you might show us what you consider a beautiful car.

BristolRuss

Pushrod front suspension is back I see .
Pushrod has been the standard for quite a few years now. Though apparently McLaren will be going with a pulllrod setup this year, if the 'leaks' are anything to go by. Hopefully we will see later when they unveil their car (if they do an Aston and show the real car anyway).

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Max in private must be fuming that his first championship is under such a cloud.

Brundle and Hill changing tack now and saying basicallly that Hamilton was robbed when at the end of the race they were so giddy with Max being the champion, so poor. They should have had the backbone to call it that way at the time.
Yes. Totally agree.
I don't really care what Max thinks or not.
Hamilton was definitely robbed. It was a total fix. He was stitched up by the idiot race director reacting to RB pressure. And there is no way that he can be allowed to continue in that role.

Fluctuation0161

Don't mistake bing bitter about rules not being followed by the FIA with being bitter about Max winning.

If Max had won fairly I'm sure no one would still have issue with it.

TwoSheds

I fear you might show us what you consider a beautiful car.

Now that's a livery (nose like Gru aside it's quite a lovely car as well). Or the Williams livery from last year was sexy as well.

pauldyson1uk

Not bitter about Max winning, it was the way he won it in the end that was the problem, but to be honest I am over it, its history now, I dont agree that his first WC is tarnished.
Looking forward to the season now and how the new cars perform.
Hope there is more that Lewis and Max fighting for the WC.

ChaddyP

Pushrod has been the standard for quite a few years now. Though apparently McLaren will be going with a pulllrod setup this year, if the 'leaks' are anything to go by. Hopefully we will see later when they unveil their car (if they do an Aston and show the real car anyway).
Sorry I wrote it in a wrong way... I meant they have retained it. I have seen the McLaren leaks on the front pullrod set up and rumours are Ferrari are switching to pull rod aswell.

I hope McLaren show a real car honestly because Aston Martin have got me excited after the redbull dud

ChaddyP

Now that's a livery (nose like Gru aside it's quite a lovely car as well). Or the Williams livery from last year was sexy as well.

Not going to lie...I thought that Williams livery was close to the worst livery I have ever seen :lol:

Vodafone McLaren livery is god tier though

TwoSheds

Not going to lie...I thought that Williams livery was close to the worst livery I have ever seen :lol:

Vodafone McLaren livery is god tier though
Haha fair enough, different strokes indeed :D

I just think that Aston is really boring, I prefer the ones where they go a bit mental!

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
So basically everyone is launching the model car with there livery on it, question can they use a fake car for one of the testing days just to sandbag, or does the real car have to turn up at the testing days.

ChaddyP

So basically everyone is launching the model car with there livery on it, question can they use a fake car for one of the testing days just to sandbag, or does the real car have to turn up at the testing days.
only red bull did that

ChaddyP

Haas had parts badly photoshopped in there launched
haas posted computer generated renders of their car (which is very different to the actual f1 model. You spoke about models cars with livery. Only Red bull have done that.

aston and mclaren have launched real cars that are vastly different from the models and from each other. Haas have launched no car, just a render

F-Red

Damn the nose is really high on the Aston.
You’ll see high noses on a lot of cars. The ride height will be low and flat to make the floor of the car to work. Due to the rake philosophy over the years, front noses have been slammed to the ground.