F1 2022 Season

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I’m assuming if you don’t give it back and you’re found at fault you get a 10 second penalty at the end?
They 'delete' that lap.

Doesn't make sense really, how long do they get to give the place back? Better for the competitor not to let them give the place back! :lol:

F-Red

I’m assuming if you don’t give it back and you’re found at fault you get a 10 second penalty at the end?
Yep, that's exactly how I've read it. Basically this process eliminates the 'deal making' process that Masi did last year at Saudi Arabia and keeps the rule book black and white on the definition of gaining a lasting advantage.

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
'A clearer line has been drawn over track limits in the first instruction from the new race director to drivers. Last year’s three paragraphs of guidance on track limits have been replaced with a single instruction from Wittich which states: “In accordance with the provisions of Article 33.3, the white lines define the track edges.”

Article 33.3 of the Formula 1 Sporting Regulations compels drivers to “make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not leave the track without a justifiable reason.”

The article further adds drivers “will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.”

hobbers

A retrospective time penalty isn't necessarily going to undo the lasting advantage of someone who overtakes outside of the track and then doesnt have to worry about giving it back though.

Especially any passes in the first two thirds of the race.

Doracle

Hope that is how they handle it.
Needs to be longer than 10 seconds, as teams will just do the maths on that. Points deduction or 10 place grid penalty might work or, you know, just have the race director decide during the race like any sensible system.

Abizzz

Needs to be longer than 10 seconds, as teams will just do the maths on that. Points deduction or 10 place grid penalty might work or, you know, just have the race director decide during the race like any sensible system.
You're right, 10 seconds might be too short and I'd prefer it being during the race too.

hobbers

This grid is a nightmare for the drivers with another race in a week and covid floating about :lol:

United Hobbit

This grid is a nightmare for the drivers with another race in a week and covid floating about :lol:
If I was a driver who could be in the mix for a title I'd be wearing my mask still, as even if they miss one race due to covid it could cost them.

Ooh that safety car is gorgeous

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Briatore on sky italy, sees Federica Masolin(journalist) on the paddock "you're better than 10 years ago"

Stay classy Flavio......

United Hobbit

The drivers all speak such good English, especially when you compare them to footballers who have been here years

Love Martin's grid walks

Max really doesn't want to talk to that woman :lol: scowling and trying to slope off :lol:

oates

Scout
Supports
Arsenal
Briatore on sky italy, sees Federica Masolin(journalist) on the paddock "you're better than 10 years ago"

Stay classy Flavio......
He's looking very crumbly.

Dan_F

The drivers all speak such good English, especially when you compare them to footballers who have been here years

Love Martin's grid walks

Max really doesn't want to talk to that woman :lol: scowling and trying to slope off :lol:
An expensive private education helps.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
That Ferrari colour is so bland! Where's the bright Ferrari red?!