F1 2022 Season

dinostar77

Really want to see Russell with a car that can match the redbull. Was great watching him defend against Max. Hopefully his DRS can fail every week :lol:
I fancy Russell to win Monaco at next GP. RB power advantage will be negated and Mercedes have a very good car in slow speed corners.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
for me it’s the way they changed perez’s strategy to ensure he’d be a sitting duck. he wasn’t given a fair crack of the whip. even if you’re the number two driver that’s hard to take.
They sneakily tried to do it without having to give the order, presumably for PR.

The Hilton

Horner might have watched a different race, telling Max he had to do it the hard way - his title rival retired and then his team mate was told to move out of the way.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It’s hard to separate Sainz shitness and Ferrari issues, but it really does seem the harshness of the Ferrari is significant and will be problematic if not addressed soon.

hobbers

I fancy Russell to win Monaco at next GP. RB power advantage will be negated and Mercedes have a very good car in slow speed corners.
Not since this upgrade package. This weekend they were losing all their time in sector 3 which is the slow speed section.

dinostar77

It’s hard to separate Sainz shitness and Ferrari issues, but it really does seem the harshness of the Ferrari is significant and will be problematic if not addressed soon.
Ferrari are normally ruthless when drivers dont perform. Question is who would you replace him with?!? Danny Ric? Cant get Lando from mclaren. Pierre Gasly? Or a driver from F2 ?

mitChley

Ferrari are normally ruthless when drivers dont perform. Question is who would you replace him with?!? Danny Ric? Cant get Lando from mclaren. Pierre Gasly? Or a driver from F2 ?
Based on the past 18months I expect Riccardo's stock is too low for Ferrari

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Based on the past 18months I expect Riccardo's stock is too low for Ferrari
i think like many other drivers he was broken by being second best. the mentality that you’re the best and the only thing stopping you winning is the overall package is shredded when you’re battered by your team mate week in week out. it’s hard to come back from that.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Yaaasssss! Verstappennnnnnnn dominating the caf like a low budget sm movie! Whip these bitter old men!

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Well done Max!

Excellent stuff. IF Red Bull can sort some of their issues out he can get the title again here. Shit luck for Charles though. I wanted Max to win, but I like Charles as well. As for Sainz, not sure what the guy is doing. I know there was an issue on that part of the track, but he's not been great this season.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Horner might have watched a different race, telling Max he had to do it the hard way - his title rival retired and then his team mate was told to move out of the way.
Perez didn't need to move out of the way though. That's why the message from Red Bull was silly. Max would have cruised past him. He was flying. Perez wouldn't have had a choice about it. It would have been a simple overtake from Max.

Obviously Max had luck with Charles retiring, but he also had big issues himself with the DRS before all that.

hobbers

Perez didn't need to move out of the way though. That's why the message from Red Bull was silly. Max would have cruised past him. He was flying. Perez wouldn't have had a choice about it. It would have been a simple overtake from Max.

Obviously Max had luck with Charles retiring, but he also had big issues himself with the DRS before all that.
He would have easily passed Perez but only with DRS on the straight.

If the DRS failed one or two laps in a row then that's a lot of unnecessary overheating and tyre deg from both of them for an inevitable overtake.

Really when Perez looks back he can only blame himself, he wasn't quick enough when he had new tyres in open air. No way should Max have been able to catch up so quickly after his last pit stop.

Abizzz

Aye and if Schumi had been in a UFO in first Max would have taken him easily too.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He would have easily passed Perez but only with DRS on the straight.

If the DRS failed one or two laps in a row then that's a lot of unnecessary overheating and tyre deg from both of them for an inevitable overtake.

Really when Perez looks back he can only blame himself, he wasn't quick enough when he had new tyres in open air. No way should Max have been able to catch up so quickly after his last pit stop.
I disagree. He was SO much faster than him even without the DRS we would have overtaken him. There was no need from the message from Red Bull. The overtake would have happened anyway.

hp88

Merc genuinely look happy after that race, we cant really tell what’s going on in the background but it seems like they're heading in the right direction.

Dan_F

Merc genuinely look happy after that race, we cant really tell what’s going on in the background but it seems like they're heading in the right direction.
Considering Hamilton could barely get out of 12th a few races ago, they’ve definitely made progress.

Balljy

Perez is probably most frustrated at not being allowed to overtake a Verstappen stuck behind Russell with no DRS.

He was on new tyres and quite correctly pointed out in the radio he would be ahead in no time so wouldn't even be holding Verstappen up.

hobbers

Perez is probably most frustrated at not being allowed to overtake a Verstappen stuck behind Russell with no DRS.

He was on new tyres and quite correctly pointed out in the radio he would be ahead in no time so wouldn't even be holding Verstappen up.
They only left it a lap before pitting Verstappen though so it wasnt like he was held up for long.

Fluctuation0161

Perez knows the score but I don't think he was expecting the orders to come through this early in the season, bit of a shit way to win a race as well but I guess Max and co don't really care on how the points are earnt.
Plenty of evidence of that from last season too.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Missed second half of the race, and looks like I missed some good things, shame.

Sainz finishing the race 9 seconds ahead of Hamilton who was last says a lot about him. Leclerc unlucky, but as I said, Red Bulls are actually better than Ferraris this year IMO, people are actually giving Ferrari too much praise.

I don't get people complaining about teams having nr.1 driver, it's always been the case, and considering there was no real battles so far, it's pretty much quite clear who is better in top3-4 teams based on this years' form.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Alpine showed some decent pace to get into the points. The midfield really need to get some of these upgrades working and bunch up to the front runners, they can just pit into free air at the moment.

It all fell into Red Bull’s hands, who would’ve expected them to be in the lead after their retirements. Ferrari had the better pace it seemed in the first stint and they are better over a single lap which may be important for Monaco so it’s all to play for in the championship still.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Alpine showed some decent pace to get into the points. The midfield really need to get some of these upgrades working and bunch up to the front runners, they can just pit into free air at the moment.

It all fell into Red Bull’s hands, who would’ve expected them to be in the lead after their retirements. Ferrari had the better pace it seemed in the first stint and they are better over a single lap which may be important for Monaco so it’s all to play for in the championship still.
Yes though merc put in some good times in the slow.corner sectors which could bode well for them at Monaco as well

Could be a very good race but as its Monaco I expect it won't be

ChaddyP

Missed second half of the race, and looks like I missed some good things, shame.

Sainz finishing the race 9 seconds ahead of Hamilton who was last says a lot about him. Leclerc unlucky, but as I said, Red Bulls are actually better than Ferraris this year IMO, people are actually giving Ferrari too much praise.

I don't get people complaining about teams having nr.1 driver, it's always been the case, and considering there was no real battles so far, it's pretty much quite clear who is better in top3-4 teams based on this years' form.
Sainz was passed on track by Hamilton. And got shit Luck by having to back off due to engine overheating issues which allowed sainz to retake the position. Hamilton was having one of those races today. Was super fast

hobbers

Ferrari are heavy heavy favourites for Monaco. Or at least Leclerc is. Sainz will probably crash.

Doracle

Sainz was passed on track by Hamilton. And got shit Luck by having to back off due to engine overheating issues which allowed sainz to retake the position. Hamilton was having one of those races today. Was super fast
Yeah, without the issue at the end, Hamilton finishes 5-10 seconds clear of Sainz. Absolute stinker of a drive in a Ferrari, considering the speed of that car.

Camilo

How is Russel a so so driver? He’s done better than anyone could ever ask of him in every single F1 car he’s ever driven and is now outperforming a 7-time world champion in pretty much every race.
I meant to type respectively, not respectfully. He has everything to prove. And you can't judge on just a few races of a new regulation season. He's not been better than Hamilton anyway, both have been ok in an ok car.

mitChley

I meant to type respectively, not respectfully. He has everything to prove. And you can't judge on just a few races of a new regulation season. He's not been better than Hamilton anyway, both have been ok in an ok car.
He's out scored him in 5 of the 6 rounds so far, bizzare hill to die on. Doesn't mean he will all season but certainly suggests he doesn't still have "everything to prove".

Zlaatan

Parody Account
If you're talking about him being young and haven't gotten the chance to show how he'd perform in a championship winning car then sure, I think everyone would agree that he's still got a lot to prove, but that can't mean he's a so-so driver. I'm also not judging him based on this season alone, if you look at what he achieved in F2 where he beat a guy like Norris by almost 70 points (the same Norris that everyone seems to agree is a future WC if he gets the right car) and then his F1 career so far then I think he's done more than anyone could ever ask of him. Outdriving that Williams for years, immediately delivering and should've been top of the podium in Bahrain for Merc and then last years quali in Spa which was one of the most impressive feats I've ever seen in F1.

And imo at least if you finish ahead of your teammate in 5/6 races then you have done better than him.

Camilo

He's out scored him in 5 of the 6 rounds so far, bizzare hill to die on. Doesn't mean he will all season but certainly suggests he doesn't still have "everything to prove".
Well to be fair, because what's the point otherwise, in Saudi George was lucky, and today Hamilton was unlucky (and much faster).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If you're talking about him being young and haven't gotten the chance to show how he'd perform in a championship winning car then sure, I think everyone would agree that he's still got a lot to prove, but that can't mean he's a so-so driver. I'm also not judging him based on this season alone, if you look at what he achieved in F2 where he beat a guy like Norris by almost 70 points (the same Norris that everyone seems to agree is a future WC if he gets the right car) and then his F1 career so far then I think he's done more than anyone could ever ask of him. Outdriving that Williams for years, immediately delivering and should've been top of the podium in Bahrain for Merc and then last years quali in Spa which was one of the most impressive feats I've ever seen in F1.

And imo at least if you finish ahead of your teammate in 5/6 races then you have done better than him.
The fact that he is even sticking close to Hamilton who is arguably the GOAT of F1 is a feat in itself.

I think he will run him closer than Bottas ever managed. Great defending today with the red bulls.

Lewis today though was back to 2021 form, that was a mesmeric drive. When he gets into this zone it's like he can make his tyres last all race but still have peak performance.

He just has a higher level than anybody on the grid when it all gels together. Such a shame he got that puncture as he would have rivalled for the win today.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Russell the only driver to score points at every race so far this season. Also finished in the top five in every race. I know Merc are having their troubles, but he's having a very good season all things considered. Hopefully it continues.