F1 2022 Season

dinostar77

Mercedes bringing a large amount of updates to Silverstone apparently. New rear wong, new front wing, floor changes etc etc.

Mclaren and Alfa Romeo have both said no more major updates this season for them. They will tey to maximise what they have with their current package.

Horner obviously moaning about the budget cap as alledgedly RB have spent most of their budget allocated for developing the car this season and ferrari still have a way to go to use up all their budget for car development.

pauldyson1uk

Mercedes bringing a large amount of updates to Silverstone apparently. New rear wong, new front wing, floor changes etc etc.

Mclaren and Alfa Romeo have both said no more major updates this season for them. They will tey to maximise what they have with their current package.

Horner obviously moaning about the budget cap as alledgedly RB have spent most of their budget allocated for developing the car this season and ferrari still have a way to go to use up all their budget for car development.
I am expecting a good showing from Hamilton and Russell this weekend.
After the last race and they stopped with the experimental part.
Not expecting a win without DNFs in front of them, but a podium would be nice.

Horner moaning is a given, in other news water is wet, Toto is not far behind.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Didn't realise that that sick old cnut is Verstappen's father-in-law. He really doesn't have many good role models around him does he with the likes of Horner, Marko, Piquet, if we're honest even his dad...

Also did Nelson Piquet express his disappointment in his son through the medium of marrying off his daughter to a better driver? Very Trumpy sort of thing to do if so :lol:

pauldyson1uk

Didn't realise that that sick old cnut is Verstappen's father-in-law. He really doesn't have many good role models around him does he with the likes of Horner, Marko, Piquet, if we're honest even his dad...

Also did Nelson Piquet express his disappointment in his son through the medium of marrying off his daughter to a better driver? Very Trumpy sort of thing to do if so :lol:
Neither did I till today.
He really does not have good roll models surrounding him.
Piquet was on of the driver I grew up watching, his battles with Senna were epic, but all the respect I had ,has gone.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
People might have thought Hamilton's battle on racism was just a PR stunt, but this shows more than anything everything he said was 100% true.

The context he uses it in is the important part. You could argue the word isolated away may not be immediately offensive, but the way he's using it along with blaming Hamilton for the Verstappen crash proves it's not in a positive way.

TwoSheds

Neither did I till today.
He really does not have good roll models surrounding him.
Piquet was on of the driver I grew up watching, his battles with Senna were epic, but all the respect I had ,has gone.
I never realised you were Brazilian until today - your English is terrific. Out of interest when it's said that Piquet directed homophobic abuse at Senna, was that because of the São Paulo football team "Os Gais" thing to try to wind him up or was it actually him saying it in a sort of directed, personal way? Any idea?

pauldyson1uk

I never realised you were Brazilian until today - your English is terrific. Out of interest when it's said that Piquet directed homophobic abuse at Senna, was that because of the São Paulo football team "Os Gais" thing to try to wind him up or was it actually him saying it in a sort of directed, personal way? Any idea?
is this a wind up ?

MTF

The context he uses it in is the important part. You could argue the word isolated away may not be immediately offensive, but the way he's using it along with blaming Hamilton for the Verstappen crash proves it's not in a positive way.
There is still some use of the word in a slang way in Rio, but it's done in an impersonal way and in that context is not even about color. In that case it's doing the job of the word "people" or "guys" maybe. As in "people are dreaming if they think United can win the league this season".

But in the way Piquet used it, referring to a specific person that is black, it's racism.

Rooney1987

I know people will say they shouldn't have to say anything but other team like Ferrari are. It's about standing up to racism whoever is involved. Especially when you look the young Red Bull driver situation a week ago and Nelson being linked to Max, a little tweet of support to Lewis wouldn't kill them.

Adam-Utd

I know people will say they shouldn't have to say anything but other team like Ferrari are. It's about standing up to racism whoever is involved. Especially when you look the young Red Bull driver situation a week ago and Nelson being linked to Max, a little tweet of support to Lewis wouldn't kill them.
This is Red Bull essentially siding with Verstappen / Kelly Piquet / Nelson Piquet instead of standing up to racism. Yet one of their junior drivers says the N word on a stream and is immediately cut.

How pathetic is that? RBR just go down in my estimations every time.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United

Kelly Piquet liking this post to top it all off. Yikes.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What are the odds of Max entering the final race of the season dressed as Zwarte Piet?

Leg-End

I never realised until today that if Max married Kelly he would be step-dad to Kvyat's daughter.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It’s disgusting. There’s no need for them to write that stuff about how Hamilton is and ambassador for support or deserves respect either. All of the focus should be on how Piquet has been a racist cnut and should be nowhere near the paddock or representing the sport at all in the future. Pathetic statement from F1.
it does read that way, doesn't it: Hamilton deserves respect because he's done all these things. So, if he hadn't, or if Piquet had said this about someone who cleans the paddocks and does a poor job of it - then it would've been fine?
:D You know Pauldy never puts quotation marks around his quotes!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal

the shit apple never falls far from the shit tree.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal

Kelly Piquet liking this post to top it all off. Yikes.
any morals she may have had would have long gooped out her empty headlock of a vagina as she banged her way around the paddock.

Adam-Utd

Highly doubt that Pique called Hamilton with that N word out of love for him. :houllier:
This is the video. Somebody in the comments has translated the interview which helps give better context.

Clearly we know there is no endearment or friendship between them, so you can't use family/friendly 'banter' as an excuse. It's just straight up disrespect.

LoneStar

This is Red Bull essentially siding with Verstappen / Kelly Piquet / Nelson Piquet instead of standing up to racism. Yet one of their junior drivers says the N word on a stream and is immediately cut.

Wow the Max hate in here is crazy. You guys find a way to bring his name in for something he wasn't involved in. Is Piquet involved with RB on some official capacity to suspend him?

It's also weird that a British forum hates RB, which is based in the UK and seem to support a German car manufacturer more.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone on here came up with a conspiracy that Max asked Piquet to say all this :lol:

pauldyson1uk

I cant agree with this, RB and Max dont have anything to do with it, OK so Piquet is Max's partners Dad , but that is it.
I am no fan of either, but this is not about them, this is just down to one racist old man.

Adam-Utd

I cant agree with this, RB and Max dont have anything to do with it, OK so Piquet is Max's partners Dad , but that is it.
I am no fan of either, but this is not about them, this is just down to one racist old man.
Wow the Max hate in here is crazy. You guys find a way to bring his name in for something he wasn't involved in. Is Piquet involved with RB on some official capacity to suspend him?

It's also weird that a British forum hates RB, which is based in the UK and seem to support a German car manufacturer more.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone on here came up with a conspiracy that Max asked Piquet to say all this :lol:
How is it unrelated? Red bull have confirmed they won't make a statement regarding the issue.

Why have every other team said something but not red bull? i'll let you work out the links.

I haven't said anything about Verstappen personally being involved, but I assume you do know who his partner is... now why would Piquet dislike Hamilton?

I think you are clearly a bit lost in translation as i'm not asking red bull to suspend him, but publicly state it's not acceptable. They are refusing so far. :lol:

TwoSheds

Mercedes are also based in the UK...

TwoSheds

when I read it back, I thought for a minute I was Brazilian :lol:
Note to self, must structure my posts better

Sorry for the confusion.
Pauldyson Silva is one of my favourite box to box ManUFC fighters tbf.

Last edited:

Rooney1987

Not one person said this. More critical of RB for not releasing a statement in support of Lewis like Ferrari. Considering the past week they've terminated a driver contract because of racist language and last season firing 2 employees for throwing racists abuse towards Lewis. Can't forget them firing an executive because of racist comments in 2020. It's a bit of a history, so to have the support off the teams except RB isn't a good move.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
Not one person said this. More critical of RB for not releasing a statement in support of Lewis like Ferrari. Considering the past week they've terminated a driver contract because of racist language and last season firing 2 employees for throwing racists abuse towards Lewis. Can't forget them firing an executive because of racist comments in 2020. It's a bit of a history, so to have the support off the teams except RB isn't a good move.
i heard you don’t even get you foot through the door for an interview unless you have at least two police cautions for hate crimes.