F1 2022 Season

hp88

Apparently the just stop oil protesters made it on the track during the first lap.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Apparently the just stop oil protesters made it on the track during the first lap.

fecking idiots. Imagine Max/Sainz fighting down the straight, car pulls out of the draft at the last second and plows into those muppets sitting there.

Wtf did they expect? that could have been an absolute bloodbath on live tv.

hp88

Could have been carnage had they gone down the Wellington Straight at full speed.
fecking idiots. Imagine Max/Sainz fighting down the straight, car pulls out of the draft at the last second and plows into those muppets sitting there.

Wtf did they expect? that could have been an absolute bloodbath on live tv.
Yeah that red flag saved them, would have had fatalities.

CloneMC16

What fecking idiots. They can make their point without putting themselves and others in major danger.

Motorman

Feel for Hamilton. Could have been a win easily, timing of safety car, slow pit and bad restart ultimately put paid to it.

Perez lucky to keep P2 given Leclerc incident.

Mike Smalling

They can risk their life all they want, but they could easily have put the drivers at risk as well, if things had gone slightly differently. I wonder how they will be punished.

hobbers

What goes though the heads of these idiots.
Literally nothing goes through their heads.

F1 is the driving force for innovation in synthetic fuels, so of course lets go and risk a load of lives to disrupt an F1 race. As thick as climate protestors who glue themselves to tube carriages and electric buses.

senorgregster

Last Newbie Standing
What a race. Hats off to Max squeezing every point out of a damaged car.

Sainz had a couple moments of good fortune this weekend but took advantage. Hopefully a confidence boost and starts challenging Leclerc.

Lewis has had rotten luck this year with timings of SC. He was in with a shout before it but I'm sure he would have taken 3rd before the race.

Thank heavens for the halo this weekend. Couple of lives saved by looks of the crashes. Hopefully Albon is ok.

stu_1992

What a race! I was buzzing after watching that one. Very thankful Zhou was okay after what was one of the scariest crashes I've seen in F1 on a long time.

Delighted for Sainz to go and finish off what he started yesterday. Obviously a bit of luck on the way too. Crazy race. So much going on.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Great race, the last 10 laps were fantastic. This forums bizarre bitterness at Sainz aside, until the last lap he had pole in qualifying, fastest lap and the race win. You can't take away from that, and trying to excuse it with 'oh but he only did it because Max slowed under yellows' is pathetic. Max wouldn't be leading the championship if it weren't for Leclerc getting screwed by DNFs when he had 1st place wrapped up. Shit happens all season long and you can only race the people in front of you and he did. 2 of his DNFs were absolutely not his fault, getting hit by other cars and ending up in the gravel etc, all things considered he's a fine number 2.

Good on him to tell Ferrari to feck off on that bizarre team order to leave 10 car lengths, Leclerc is probably my 2nd favourite driver on the grid but it was clear Leclerc did not have the pace today when he wasn't behind Sainz benefitting from DRS with the front wing damage, we saw his pace diminish quite a bit when he didn't have that DRS anymore so Hamilton would have potentially just overtaken Sainz and then eaten Leclerc for dinner. Knowing that Hamilton was going to take a free pit for softs, giving them to the car that wasn't broken was absolutely the right call although Ferrari's calls generally leave a lot to be desired.

Great to see Mercedes upgrades putting them a bit closer, that 3 car fight at the end was great to see. With 10 laps to go I was genuinely happy for any of the top 6 to win and a good result for Mick, I reckon he could have done it had Max not gone super aggressive, think he had enough of being passed and said feck off not today.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

He’s so lucky that the fuel cell remained intact, I couldn’t see a quick extraction there.
Was just thinking that myself. Thank feck it wasn't a lot faster. If it was a Grosjean situation he had no chance. Full tank of fuel too.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Leclerc did not have the pace today when he wasn't behind Sainz benefitting from DRS with the front wing damage, we saw his pace diminish quite a bit when he didn't have that DRS anymore so Hamilton would have potentially just overtaken Sainz and then eaten Leclerc for dinner
When Leclerc overtook Sainz he gained around 4 seconds in 7-10 laps from what I can remember, Sainz couldn't stay in the DRS zone behind him. Leclerc made fastest lap few laps in a row, which Sainz couldn't do before Leclerc overtook him, I am not sure why some of you are saying Sainz was faster. If Ferrari let him earlier he would gain far more, and would easily win the race. Ferrari screwed Leclerc with latw team orders and not pitting him, probably unintentionally but still screwed him a lot.

If it wasn't for SC Sainz would have been done, he would probably finish the race in third or maybe even 4th place. But fair feck to him, he did good after the SC, and even if it wasn't the best day, he still won the race.

Zarlak

When Leclerc overtook Sainz he gained around 4 seconds in 7-10 laps from what I can remember, Sainz couldn't stay in the DRS zone behind him. Leclerc made fastest lap few laps in a row, which Sainz couldn't do before Leclerc overtook him, I am not sure why some of you are saying Sainz was faster. If Ferrari let him earlier he would gain far more, and would easily win the race. Ferrari screwed Leclerc with latw team orders and not pitting him, probably unintentionally but still screwed him a lot.

If it wasn't for SC Sainz would have been done, he would probably finish the race in third or maybe even 4th place. But fair feck to him, he did good after the SC, and even if it wasn't the best day, he still won the race.
He had a broken car, he couldn't overtake Sainz even with DRS and had to rely on asking 5 times for team orders to be given the place. He clearly wasn't this speed demon you think he was in the race. Some of you talk as if he's as slow as Stroll and to anyone with eyes that's clearly not the base. Leclerc hung with him because of DRS, and as soon as he pitted, he was clearly not as fast.

Saying things like 'if it wasn't for SC Sainz would have been done' is just irrelevant. If it wasn't for SC then Max wouldn't be champion. If it wasn't for engine failures then Leclerc would be leading the championship, if it wasn't for your dad feeling a little horny that night you wouldn't be alive. These things are just the lowest form of counter argument. You can only deal with the hand you have, and he dealt with it well. If he had listened to his team orders he'd also have been done but he accepted them when it made sense and pushed back at the right time when it didn't make sense and that also aided him in his win. He qualified first, he set a better pace than any other driver out there including Leclerc, he had the fastest lap right at the end, he's 11 points behind his team mate, closer to him by some distance than the gap between drivers at Mercedes, Red Bull and McLaren. The bitterness is just not deserved. He isn't flailing his team mate by 60 points he's right in the mix and keeping up despite having an extra DNF. In races where they've both finished, they're tied on outscoring each other 3 races to 3 this season. The stats just don't show this gulf that posters here make out, as if the current Ferrari situation is like Verstappen and Albon. If you take Baku out where they both DNF'd, then Sainz has outscored Leclerc 3 races in a row. Clearly Leclerc is the better driver, but Sainz fully deserves his seat.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

Great race, the last 10 laps were fantastic. This forums bizarre bitterness at Sainz aside, until the last lap he had pole in qualifying, fastest lap and the race win. You can't take away from that, and trying to excuse it with 'oh but he only did it because Max slowed under yellows' is pathetic. Max wouldn't be leading the championship if it weren't for Leclerc getting screwed by DNFs when he had 1st place wrapped up. Shit happens all season long and you can only race the people in front of you and he did. 2 of his DNFs were absolutely not his fault, getting hit by other cars and ending up in the gravel etc, all things considered he's a fine number 2.

Good on him to tell Ferrari to feck off on that bizarre team order to leave 10 car lengths, Leclerc is probably my 2nd favourite driver on the grid but it was clear Leclerc did not have the pace today when he wasn't behind Sainz benefitting from DRS with the front wing damage, we saw his pace diminish quite a bit when he didn't have that DRS anymore so Hamilton would have potentially just overtaken Sainz and then eaten Leclerc for dinner. Knowing that Hamilton was going to take a free pit for softs, giving them to the car that wasn't broken was absolutely the right call although Ferrari's calls generally leave a lot to be desired.

Great to see Mercedes upgrades putting them a bit closer, that 3 car fight at the end was great to see. With 10 laps to go I was genuinely happy for any of the top 6 to win and a good result for Mick, I reckon he could have done it had Max not gone super aggressive, think he had enough of being passed and said feck off not today.
Eh I think your forgetting Max also Had 2 DNFs plus today where he lost major points due to bad luck with unavoidable damage.

If you remove those items for both Max and Leclerc it would for sure be closer but considering Imola which was a Charles mistake it's quite likely Max would still be leading.

Leclerc had Spain wrapped up but despite track position Max was probably favourite for Baku considering the Red Bull looked the slightly quicker car. That 1st wasn't wrapped up in any way.

Their luck has both been terrible with Reliability/Damage.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Fully caught up on the race. Buzzing for Sainz. He deserves that. The last 8 laps were stupidly good racing. Incredible drama. Gutted that Leclerc fell away but he did well considering.

ArjenIsM3

Eh I think your forgetting Max also Had 2 DNFs plus today where he lost major points due to bad luck with unavoidable damage.

If you remove those items for both Max and Leclerc it would for sure be closer but considering Imola which was a Charles mistake it's quite likely Max would still be leading.

Leclerc had Spain wrapped up but despite track position Max was probably favourite for Baku considering the Red Bull looked the slightly quicker car. That 1st wasn't wrapped up in any way.

Their luck has both been terrible with Reliability/Damage.
Yeah a lot of what he says is factually wrong and honestly a bit weird timing after Max has been the unluckiest driver of the weekend. Fecked over in qualifying by Leclerc causing yellow flags, fecked over at race start by the crash at the back causing him to have to give the position he gained back to Sainz and then fecked over by sheer bad luck during the race when he hit a piece of carbon after he put the pressure on Sainz who couldn't cope.

F-Red

Genuinely brilliant watching Seb drive that FW14 with the V10 around, incredible car.
I was searching for posts on this and thankfully you was the only one I saw that mentioned It. Seb taking this back around Silverstone evoked so many memories of Red 5 winning there years ago.

One of the most iconic F1 cars, and a nice touch that Seb had the same design suit on from that era.

F1 should do more of the older style cars, like Williams Heritage, at more Grand Prix. At the very least it’ll educate those netflix or newer F1 fans some of the awesome cars of yesteryear.

Zarlak

Yeah a lot of what he says is factually wrong and honestly a bit weird timing after Max has been the unluckiest driver of the weekend. Fecked over in qualifying by Leclerc causing yellow flags, fecked over at race start by the crash at the back causing him to have to give the position he gained back to Sainz and then fecked over by sheer bad luck during the race when he hit a piece of carbon after he put the pressure on Sainz who couldn't cope.
You're right the timing was weird, I should have posted about Sainz at Silverstone 2 weeks ago when they hadn't raced yet. That would have been way better timing.

He fecked himself over in qualifying when he fecked 2 laps in a row spinning his car and going wide. Let's not act like that one lap determined his entire qualifying. The whole point which you've just illustrated for me is that these 'X happened only because of Y' is completely pointless. Max has benefitted plenty of times from other drivers having bad luck, it's part of the sport not a reason to say someone else at a different team doesn't deserve their seat when they're closer to their team mate than any other top driver pairing. Also taking a post about Sainz and getting bitter feeling the need to defend Verstappen is weird.

ArjenIsM3

You're right the timing was weird, I should have posted about Sainz at Silverstone 2 weeks ago when they hadn't raced yet. That would have been way better timing.

He fecked himself over in qualifying when he fecked 2 laps in a row spinning his car and going wide. Let's not act like that one lap determined his entire qualifying. The whole point which you've just illustrated for me is that these 'X happened only because of Y' is completely pointless. Max has benefitted plenty of times from other drivers having bad luck, it's part of the sport not a reason to say someone else at a different team doesn't deserve their seat when they're closer to their team mate than any other top driver pairing. Also taking a post about Sainz and getting bitter feeling the need to defend Verstappen is weird.
Christ. Yes that qualifying was determined by the last lap because the track was drying up and drivers were continuously posting better laptimes. It's not rocket science and Max was pretty dominant the entire day. If he didn't have to lift for the yellow flags he'd have been on pole. Simple as that. Also, you literally said in your post that Max is only leading the Championship because of Leclerc getting fecked by DNFs (which is silly) so don't try and act like your post was just about Sainz. You're such a wum man.

Adam-Utd

I was searching for posts on this and thankfully you was the only one I saw that mentioned It. Seb taking this back around Silverstone evoked so many memories of Red 5 winning there years ago.

One of the most iconic F1 cars, and a nice touch that Seb had the same design suit on from that era.

F1 should do more of the older style cars, like Williams Heritage, at more Grand Prix. At the very least it’ll educate those netflix or newer F1 fans some of the awesome cars of yesteryear.
incredible wasn’t it.

F1 needs to forget hybrids and go back to screaming V10s. The innovation has already happened and manufacturers are leading the hybrid/electric charge.

Karun Chandlock said what we are all thinking. The cars are too big and heavy. Get rid, cut down on 200kg of weight and use man made bio fuel (that sebs fw14 was running on) it’s a win win situation for everybody.

Imagine todays race with screaming v10s as the backing chorus? what could be better

Fluctuation0161

He's still owed some bad luck after last season. Don't worry about it.

Fluctuation0161

incredible wasn’t it.

F1 needs to forget hybrids and go back to screaming V10s. The innovation has already happened and manufacturers are leading the hybrid/electric charge.

Karun Chandlock said what we are all thinking. The cars are too big and heavy. Get rid, cut down on 200kg of weight and use man made bio fuel (that sebs fw14 was running on) it’s a win win situation for everybody.

Imagine todays race with screaming v10s as the backing chorus? what could be better
Would be amazing.

These new regulation cars are also too wide, so even if they keep the current power unites they need to make the cars more narrow and lighter.

Zarlak

Christ. Yes that qualifying was determined by the last lap because the track was drying up and drivers were continuously posting better laptimes. It's not rocket science and Max was pretty dominant the entire day. If he didn't have to lift for the yellow flags he'd have been on pole. Simple as that. Also, you literally said in your post that Max is only leading the Championship because of Leclerc getting fecked by DNFs (which is silly) so don't try and act like your post was just about Sainz. You're such a wum man.
Can't really begin to explain how wrong this post is, I don't think I've ever wummed this thread. That post was 99% about Sainz with a throwaway line about Max and you seemingly got incredibly defensive about it. Seems like a waste of energy to be so sensitive in life but you do you. Like I said to another poster, if your parents didn't have sex that night you wouldn't be here right now. What's your point exactly? You can only deal with the hand you have, and Sainz did that well. If a SC hadn't happened at the end of last year, Max wouldn't be the champion right now. Are you getting my point yet that 'X only happened because of Y' is a dumb position to take? Like you said, it's not rocket science.

With regards to the championship I went back and calculated how the points would have finished had neither car retired and Max would actually be leading by 15 points if looking only at grid positions, but it would be slightly less than that because of fastest laps that wouldn't have been achieved that I can't be bothered calculating, but either way not massively off for a throwaway comment and certainly not worth acting like I just slept with your wife over. The poster you quoted had a far more reasonable and mature approach to his reply. It's irrelevant anyway, because I wasn't focusing on that in the post I made I was detailing how using 'x only happened because of y' is dumb, and how Sainz is deserving of his seat on merit given the gaps between him and his team mate compared to the gaps between team mates at the other top teams, and the fact that they're tied on out scoring each other this season. That was the whole point of my post and you got butthurt because I made one throwaway comment about Max.

Last edited:

F-Red

incredible wasn’t it.

If they can get to bio fuel, then there is no need for V6’s other than cost. Roaring V10 where you hear and feel it before you see it would be something else.

If they get the car sizes back to 2008ish it means circuits like Monaco can actually provide passing opportunities then everyone wins.

dinostar77

He had a broken car, he couldn't overtake Sainz even with DRS and had to rely on asking 5 times for team orders to be given the place. He clearly wasn't this speed demon you think he was in the race. Some of you talk as if he's as slow as Stroll and to anyone with eyes that's clearly not the base. Leclerc hung with him because of DRS, and as soon as he pitted, he was clearly not as fast.

Saying things like 'if it wasn't for SC Sainz would have been done' is just irrelevant. If it wasn't for SC then Max wouldn't be champion. If it wasn't for engine failures then Leclerc would be leading the championship, if it wasn't for your dad feeling a little horny that night you wouldn't be alive. These things are just the lowest form of counter argument. You can only deal with the hand you have, and he dealt with it well. If he had listened to his team orders he'd also have been done but he accepted them when it made sense and pushed back at the right time when it didn't make sense and that also aided him in his win. He qualified first, he set a better pace than any other driver out there including Leclerc, he had the fastest lap right at the end, he's 11 points behind his team mate, closer to him by some distance than the gap between drivers at Mercedes, Red Bull and McLaren. The bitterness is just not deserved. He isn't flailing his team mate by 60 points he's right in the mix and keeping up despite having an extra DNF. In races where they've both finished, they're tied on outscoring each other 3 races to 3 this season. The stats just don't show this gulf that posters here make out, as if the current Ferrari situation is like Verstappen and Albon. If you take Baku out where they both DNF'd, then Sainz has outscored Leclerc 3 races in a row. Clearly Leclerc is the better driver, but Sainz fully deserves his seat.
Today was a epic strategic error by binotto. He is going to be crucified in the italian press tomorrow. Its 10 races into the season, everything should be done to ensure leclerc gets as many points as possible to stand any chance of competing for the WDC.

If ferrari lose the wdc and constructors this season, binotto should lose his job. It was utterly awful strategic calls by ferrari today. Embrassing for a f1 team at the sharp end. Horner was asked the question today if he would have made the same calls as binotto if he was in binttos shoes with his drivers and his answer was no.

Sainz may have had a good day today, but he simply doesnt have the talent to go tow to tow with max in similar performance machinery. A few to, but sainz isnt one of them.

Ferrari are gift wrapping the title for max, to be fair he doesnt need them to as the RB is a sensational package this season.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Today was a epic strategic error by binotto. He is going to be crucified in the italian press tomorrow. Its 10 races into the season, everything should be done to ensure leclerc gets as many points as possible to stand any chance of competing for the WDC.

If ferrari lose the wdc and constructors this season, binotto should lose his job. It was utterly awful strategic calls by ferrari today. Embrassing for a f1 team at the sharp end. Horner was asked the question today if he would have made the same calls as binotto if he was in binttos shoes with his drivers and his answer was no.

Sainz may have had a good day today, but he simply doesnt have the talent to go tow to tow with max in similar performance machinery. A few to, but sainz isnt one of them.

Ferrari are gift wrapping the title for max, to be fair he doesnt need them to as the RB is a sensational package this season.
Even if you give them the benefit of the doubt over lack of time to react for Leclerc at the end, they made a real mess of everything before that.

I’ve said it before but I really do think RB are far ahead of both Ferrari and Merc when it comes to these decisions, and strategy for that matter.