F1 2023 Season

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Anyone been to any races in past few years?

Thinking about going to Hungaroring next year, seems to be the cheapest and easiest option for me(it's just 4 hours ride from my home), and even though the racing itself isn't that great there, the track layout is good for watching from the stands, on many parts you can see almost the entire track, so that's good.

pauldyson1uk

Ross Brawn has claimed F1 will consider introducing a new system which would make the leader slower in races in a move that would see the sport allow the back-runners to catch up to those out in front, like in some racing video games. The tool would be a form of active aerodynamics which could work as a reverse DRS to bring cars closer together.

The implementation could see race leaders could lose downforce to make it more difficult to control their cars and stay ahead. Brawn is clear that F1 has not decided they will go ahead with the plans but stressed it could be an "opportunity".

He told Autosport Magazine: "But, active aerodynamics, we semi have them at the moment with DRS, as DRS is active aerodynamics. But can you do something much more significant?

"If you have active aerodynamics, then of course you could affect the car in front. You could have a proximity [that] once you get within a certain degree, the car in front loses a little bit of downforce and you gain a little bit of downforce. There's tricks you can play with that. It becomes an opportunity.

F1 may introduce new rule like something from Mario Kart after Max Verstappen dominance (msn.com)

dinostar77

Ross Brawn has claimed F1 will consider introducing a new system which would make the leader slower in races in a move that would see the sport allow the back-runners to catch up to those out in front, like in some racing video games. The tool would be a form of active aerodynamics which could work as a reverse DRS to bring cars closer together.

The implementation could see race leaders could lose downforce to make it more difficult to control their cars and stay ahead. Brawn is clear that F1 has not decided they will go ahead with the plans but stressed it could be an "opportunity".

He told Autosport Magazine: "But, active aerodynamics, we semi have them at the moment with DRS, as DRS is active aerodynamics. But can you do something much more significant?

"If you have active aerodynamics, then of course you could affect the car in front. You could have a proximity [that] once you get within a certain degree, the car in front loses a little bit of downforce and you gain a little bit of downforce. There's tricks you can play with that. It becomes an opportunity.

F1 may introduce new rule like something from Mario Kart after Max Verstappen dominance (msn.com)
I did post about this on the previous page pauldy. :) RE: Reverse DRS

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

Yay, more artificial racing.

arthurka

Yay, more artificial racing.
F1 has done something like this many times to try to even the playing field. The hight of Schumacher's domination saw big rule changes to end his dominance. Nothing new.

I was reading an article were some F1 "experts" rated the teams driver duo's.
The question is how would you lot class the 10 driver duo's? Just for reference they had Williams duo in 10th and the Mercs 1st.

Fully Fledged

Not for me. If the lead driver can pull away from the pack then that's part of the sport. It's like saying with Arsenal 5 points clear they have to play with 10 men.

Jack-C20

Anyone been to any races in past few years?

Thinking about going to Hungaroring next year, seems to be the cheapest and easiest option for me(it's just 4 hours ride from my home), and even though the racing itself isn't that great there, the track layout is good for watching from the stands, on many parts you can see almost the entire track, so that's good.
Was in Hungary this year but didn’t stay for the race unfortunately. Lovely city though if you can stay an extra few days. Will definitely be going back with the other half.

hobbers

Disgusting idea.

Bad enough in racing games but in real life? What a joke.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Was in Hungary this year but didn’t stay for the race unfortunately. Lovely city though if you can stay an extra few days. Will definitely be going back with the other half.
Yeah, I visited Budapest in April too and went to see the track but it was closed.

Jack-C20

Yeah, I visited Budapest in April too and went to see the track but it was closed.
Ah fair enough. I didn’t get to see much of the track either. Sounds ridiculous but it always surprises me just how big the circuits really are. Looks small when the cars are flying around them on TV. I’d like to do Silverstone but it was stupidly expensive this year. It may even be cheaper for me to go to somewhere like Spain or Holland.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Ah fair enough. I didn’t get to see much of the track either. Sounds ridiculous but it always surprises me just how big the circuits really are. Looks small when the cars are flying around them on TV. I’d like to do Silverstone but it was stupidly expensive this year. It may even be cheaper for me to go to somewhere like Spain or Holland.
Actually the Hungaroring isn't that big, looked pretty compact. I wanted to go to Monza last year and it was very expensive last year, and I couldn't find the tickets anyway, so I gave up.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast

Ross come back to Ferrari and stop fecking around with how to lose races, DRS is bad enough fake racing but this would be beyond a joke.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

I thought that the budget cap was supposed to do this by creating more of a level playing field.

What is needed is not to artificially slow down the leaders but to allow more than 1 team to dominate.
And hopefully we might get that next year if Mercedes and Ferrari can challenge Red Bull.

pauldyson1uk

I thought that the budget cap was supposed to do this by creating more of a level playing field.

What is needed is not to artificially slow down the leaders but to allow more than 1 team to dominate.
And hopefully we might get that next year if Mercedes and Ferrari can challenge Red Bull.
fully agree, I am hoping 1 or 2 teams other than Merc and Ferrari can challenge RB

hobbers

Is he not fully compos mentis?

Similar to the little nonsensical rant he made trying to defend Rao.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Red Bull don't get special treatment though :wenger: Could this guy be a bigger fanboy if he tried ? sheesh.

Probably got Verstappen posters on his bedroom wall too

dinostar77

Fred Vassuer apparently signed a deal with ferrari at hungry gp according to some reports.

F-Red

Jost Capito (CEO & Team Principal) & FX Demaison (Technical Director) have left Williams.

F-Red

Talks of Seidl moving to Sauber as Team Principal this morning as well, probably one of the early Audi influenced signings.

Leg-End

Talks of Seidl moving to Sauber as Team Principal this morning as well, probably one of the early Audi influenced signings.
Confirmed now, totally an Audi move incoming.

Andrea Stella now TP at McLaren.......be interesting to see what he can do but I reckon that's a downgrade really, or a punt at least.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Andrea Stella now TP at McLaren.......be interesting to see what he can do but I reckon that's a downgrade really, or a punt at least.
Think it's more a 'there isn't many better options' so better to promote within and keep the ship steady.

Losing Seidl is a big loss as he's really turned Mclaren around since he joined.

Leg-End

Think it's more a 'there isn't many better options' so better to promote within and keep the ship steady.

Losing Seidl is a big loss as he's really turned Mclaren around since he joined.
Yeah, I imagine Zak has massive influence anyway so its a sideways move.

dinostar77

Not a huge suprise as they have history together outside of F1 (siedl and audi).

hobbers

No question Lando is going to be eyeing up a McLaren exit to replace Hamilton or Perez, whichever needs replacing first. Losing Seidl just another reminder McLaren are gone and not coming back any time soon.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Well that probably rules out Danny RIC going to join Audi with Seidl in charge.