FA Charged United for Player Conduct

justboy68

This only happened because it was United vs Liverpool, the biggest game in the league. No chance you'd see a fine given for a similar event in Burnley vs Norwich. It's just one incident, hardly like we were hounding the ref the whole game like peak Barcelona used to do.

Tarrou

I'm glad the players reacted and in particular De Gea. It shows they actually give a shite and I believe there is a togetherness forming in this group that we haven't seen for a while.

But ultimately poor referring led to this. De Gea didn't react in the Everton game believing the refs would do their job and the goal stood. Arguably it was more of a foul than this one.

NK86

The ref was fkng bent. It was obvious from the outset we were not going to get decisions our way. We should actually have a go at the FA and put them under pressure. If Fergie was still here, this ref would have been officiating in the Championship next few games.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I knew this was coming. They did the same under Mourinho too. We had that happen a few times. The refs make up the rules as they go along and are instructed to make their decisions fit the narratives, so FA will protect them by coming down hard on behaviour that might expose the league for being semi rigged.

If we didn't go over the top in our outrage on this situation, the decision would stand 100%, which is what they wanted. It wasn't even over the top, it was the normal reaction to an absurd decision.

RUCK4444

Absolute disgrace this is.

Ref makes a shocking call by not blowing up, other refs even confirm they were shocked Pawson didn’t blow his whistle.

DeGea subsequently yellow carded for that awful call, now they want to fine us!?

They should fine the ref or discipline him like any employee of any organisation gets disciplined for feckin something up.

But no, refs get more protection than the feckin’ Panda’s

Like others have said, just another way of sucking the life out of the game.

Verminator

That was the moment harry finally looked like a captain
I read that in Morgan Freeman's voice.

This must be the first occasion where such a charge has been made, after the referee has only booked one player.
This is a charge for a red and multiple yellow type of misbehaviour.
feck the ref, and his will-he-won't-he-blow reaction, and feck the FA for always trying to make an example of United.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Just fecking sue the FA and the ref's association from incompetence and biasedness.

They've double standards when it comes to punishments and they literally get away with charging us for their stupid mistakes.

Member 113277

Talking of bad refereeing, big rons sovereign has spotted something

I'm saying illegal.
Flag has gone up, pawson is indicating an indirect free kick.
Keeper launches it from his hands.
I'm not saying it would've stopped us losing, but to concede like that after having a go can be devastating for a teams moral.
Pawson like every ref at scamfield recently was pissweak, he gave everything the crowd shouted for including goals that VAR had to pull him on.
If you look at the SkySports video posted on YouTube from time 2:26, the referee clearly extends a straight arm, in response to the assistant’s raised flag, an holds it until the goal keeper kicks the ball, which I understand to be the regulation mandated signal for an indirect free kick, not the moving arm of a ‘play on’ gesture.

So how come the keeper punted the ball, from hand - surely this should have resulted in an indirect free kick to us?

It wouldn't have changed the result (probably), but that -1 from the goal difference could be important later and we'd have felt better about holding our for 0-1.

I emailed the FA to ask for clarification the reply was Pawson is waving play on - any thoughts?

lysglimt

Scout
So we will get fined £20.000 and be warned about our future behaviour :)

SqueakyWeasel

I'm wondering if this is because Ole commented negatively on the card in his presser?

When asked about the incident towards the end of the presser he initially says no comment but after being pushed he says "Sorry Karen", as if they had some prior agreement not to touch on the incident, then went on to say that he feels DdG was right to be annoyed about the lack of protection and VAR proved this.

montpelier

Liverpool can do whatever they like at Anfield. Hassle/attack arriving team coaches, Big Foot on the pitch, everyone has to wait for YAWN to finish before the game can start.

Pawson gave them everything 1st half and is useless too, as we know.

I'm not surprised by this. The referee is right even when he is wrong.

red thru&thru

Good. About time they showed a bit of spirit! Now channel that same spirit into our play!

Kostov

feck those corrupt incompetent twats. I wish De Gea decked the fecker, and he should have done the same against Everton. Top teams always aggressively react to refs, we are so timid most of the time.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
Should have decked the cnut

The FA are a bunch of twats anyway.
Imagine saying physical violence should have been used because of a decision made during a game of football

Smores

Probably fair, players shouldn't surround the ref like that. I'm sure we'll cope with a small fine

rhoff113

Yeah, De Gea not gettin' it...After stealing donuts, he attack referees now.
These latino thugs can't keep their habits quiet.

lsd

The Oracle
I agree with Dermot Gallagher's assessment of the incident against Everton and this one .

Against Everton he tried to punch the ball and was judged to not be in control whereas here he had both hands on the ball so in control

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The ref needs some sort of rebuke for missing one of the more obvious decisions of the season.

HJ12

I'm wondering if this is because Ole commented negatively on the card in his presser?

When asked about the incident towards the end of the presser he initially says no comment but after being pushed he says "Sorry Karen", as if they had some prior agreement not to touch on the incident, then went on to say that he feels DdG was right to be annoyed about the lack of protection and VAR proved this.
I'm glad he said something. Let the anger out Ole!

Oldyella

Meh. Tbh at the time I thought this wasnt the last we would hear of it. Still glad the players did it though, would like to see more of this kind of fight from them.

POF

Had the players not reacted like the that goal would have stood, guarantee it.
Absolutely 100% agree. If they'd done the same with the Everton goal and McBurnie's equaliser, those decisions would have gone in United's favour too.

I was delighted when the players do that. I hope they do it every game even if they get fined every week. The players going nuts changes the narrative prior to the VAR review.

EPL referees are weak characters and the United team being such a meek bunch makes it really easy to give decisions against them. That incident was the highlight of the game for me.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
11:21KEY EVENT
United fined £20,000 after Liverpool FC VAR incident
United have been fined £20,000 for the way their players reacted to Roberto Firmino’s disallowed goal in defeat to Liverpool last weekend.
United admitted a breach of FA Rule E20 for ‘failure to ensure the players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion’ during the defeat at Anfield.
You can read the full story here.