FA Cup 2022/23

always_hoping

For a change, be nice to have a home draw against a Boreham wood or Hartlepool United
I recall sitting through a home FA Cup tie against what was a league one Sheffield United side at the time. Only goal came from a Wayne Rooney penalty in the 3rd minute of injury time in a game that had only one other shot on target.

Swedish_Plumber

I recall sitting through a home FA Cup tie against what was a league one Sheffield United side at the time. Only goal came from a Wayne Rooney penalty in the 3rd minute of injury time in a game that had only one other shot on target.
I was in Oslo watching that game. God awful. Memphis win the penalty if I recall?

Chief123

It'll be a PL team. It's always a PL team

TBH though, getting City or Liverpool away would be okay for the first match. Either knock out a big boy, gain confidence and make the thing easier to win, or create some rest time in the fixture list.
I swear we’re only allowed to face prem teams in the FA cup!

CallyRed

Was that when LVG was manager?

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Another premier league team for us in Wolves, probably coming with a new manager bounce aswell. I think in the last 5 or 6 years we’ve drawn Villa, Chelsea, Everton, United and now Wolves all in the 3rd round.

At least a couple of big ones are guaranteed to get knocked out early and Everton’s 28 years is looking on.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Ooh Goody - a day out to Blackpool in January. The magic of the cup (Actually thermos)

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Another premier league team for us in Wolves, probably coming with a new manager bounce aswell. I think in the last 5 or 6 years we’ve drawn Villa, Chelsea, Everton, United and now Wolves all in the 3rd round.

At least a couple of big ones are guaranteed to get knocked out early and Everton’s 28 years is looking on.
Just Shrewsbury last season that sticks out. In comparison this is only the 3rd time Chelsea have drawn a PL Club since the 00-01 season. In comparison you've had 8 and we've had 11.

Season​
Fixture​
17-18​
Everton(H)​
18-19​
Wolverhampton Wanderers(A)​
19-20​
Everton(H)​
20-21​
Aston Villa(A)​
21-22​
Shrewsbury Town (H)​
22-23​
Wolverhampton Wanderers(H)​

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Just Shrewsbury last season that sticks out. In comparison this is only the 3rd time Chelsea have drawn a PL Club since the 00-01 season. In comparison you've had 8 and we've had 11.

Season​
Fixture​
17-18​
Everton(H)​
18-19​
Wolverhampton Wanderers(A)​
19-20​
Everton(H)​
20-21​
Aston Villa(A)​
21-22​
Shrewsbury Town (H)​
22-23​
Wolverhampton Wanderers(H)​
Yeah the Chelsea and United fixtures in 19-20 and 20-21 were the ones in the 4th round away. I think our 4th round fixtures are just as bad too.

Wish they just draw the 20 PL clubs away to the lowest ranked left in the competition, give the clubs more revenue like they do in Spain, at least I think that's what they do anyway? not sure.

BorisManUtd

Watched the draw and after seeing City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Newcastle already drawn with their opponent, I was happy. Getting Everton isn't ideal (we were left with Everton and 4-5 other teams from lower leagues) as it's a PL team, but isn't a terrible draw either. It's at Old Trafford as well. Could've been better and could've been worse I guess.

croadyman

Was hoping for Millwall away just to see how much chaos that would cause the met