FA Cup 4th and 5th Round Draw | United vs Liverpool (West Ham/Doncaster at home in 5th round)

dal

Fulham, Sheffield United, Burnley either side of the Liverpool games for us.

Burnley and Spurs for them.

I’d take going out of the fa cup to beat them in the league because we could be 8-9 points ahead of them if we do well. Big big big if.

I back us too keep going if we open up a gap, I don’t think we will rest on our laurels.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Liverpool and City in the cups, PSG and Leipzig in Europe :lol:

And some think we bribe the authorities...

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Don’t know about conspiracy, and yeah we put out second and third sides in the cups but Jesus do we always seem to have bad luck in these domestic cup draws. With a full strength squad we could probably put out a decent side. But unfortunately this has come far too early. Looks like we’ll be going out again.
Consecutive league titles are infinitely more valuable than the FA Cup at this stage. We win, good, we lose, also good in a way. Just sucks that it’ll be against United.

Real Name

Klopp will probably field youngsters, as long as we beat them in the league I dont care about FA cup.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
. I think since ole took over we have been drawn with (latest team first)

United under ole with #FACup opponents:

Liverpool
Watford
Chelsea (L)
Norwich
Derby
Tranmere
Wolves
Wolves (L)
Chelsea
Arsenal
Reading

And if we get through possibly and probably west Ham
IIRC, the Reading draw happened when Mou was our manager.

Leave the Tranmere game aside, and our draw luck has been horrible

DickDastardly

No fans for Liverpool vs United at Anfield with both clubs going for the title, and no fans for United vs Liverpool at Old Trafford in the FA Cup 4th round. Won't be the same.
Yep, that's the only downside of this.

Should really be two good games.

One a top spot battle, the other a knockout match.

MonkeysMagic

People that say 'you've got to beat the top teams to win it anyway' clearly don't understand statistics. If a team makes its way through the comp playing lower league opposition, whilst their main rivals eliminate each other, significantly increases the teams chances of not only progressing but also winning...I point you to the Chel/City FA record over last 10 years!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
A shame City can’t draw league 2 sides in the CL. Very unlucky to draw the likes of Marseille and Lyon instead.

Anyway win - win now. Go out and concentrate on the league or win by knocking Liverpool out.

Dve

Liverpool will be the team least happy with that draw, with all the injuries they have and a missed opportunity to rest players. City though, will walk around smiling rest of the week.

Siorac

Yep, that's the only downside of this.

Should really be two good games.

One a top spot battle, the other a knockout match.
United v Liverpool is almost always an awful game. Low-scoring, scrappy games of attrition. And God help us if they're not - that would be bad news for us at this stage.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
City have reached 4 semis and have won the FA cup twice since Pep took over. Look at those draws now, apart from Arsenal twice (both games City lost btw), City haven't even faced a top 10 PL side in the FA Cup (WHU, Palace and Newcastle aren't teams that usually finish in top half, and are mostly in lower mid-table)

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Liverpool will be the team least happy with that draw, with all the injuries they have and a missed opportunity to rest players. City though, will walk around smiling rest of the week.
They’ve only got two injured haven’t they?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Liverpool and City in the cups, PSG and Leipzig in Europe :lol:

And some think we bribe the authorities...
98/99 we had Bayern and Barca in the same group and Inter and Juve in the knockouts. Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal before the FA Cup final. Won the lot. If you’re good enough...

United Hobbit

. I think since ole took over we have been drawn with (latest team first)

United under ole with #FACup opponents:

Liverpool
Watford
Chelsea (L)
Norwich
Derby
Tranmere
Wolves
Wolves (L)
Chelsea
Arsenal
Reading

And if we get through possibly and probably west Ham
Bar that little run in the middle we've had some seriously tough ties

Glad not to see Wolves yet again (yet!!)

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
98/99 we had Bayern and Barca in the same group and Inter and Juve in the knockouts. Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal before the FA Cup final. Won the lot. If you’re good enough...
Well yeah, that was insane. But that team was the most successful side in our history. Usually no one survives that kind of draw, let alone our current side.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
@RobinLFC will be here any moment telling us how drawing Liverpool is more favourable than drawing Cheltenham or Luton and how the caf is overreacting as always
And he won’t be wrong. I don’t think this is an unfavourable draw for you at all.

Klopp couldn’t care less about the FA cup - it’s an irrelevance to him, a nuisance in most usual seasons which gets in the way of what he perceives to be the two trophies worth focusing on.

This season it goes beyond being a nuisance and becomes an active hindrance considering he will be playing with two midfielders in central defence all season and has his work cut out keeping players fit.

I fully expect him to put out the first team and expend every sinew to get a win in the league, and throw the FA cup tie by playing a youth/reserves mix like he’s done every year he’s been here.

I’d be staggered if more than two of salah, mane, firmino, TAA, Robertson, Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho start the game. They’ll all be either on the bench or in the stands.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
City's luck in draws is ridiculous. Just ridiculous. Even when it is double draw like today, they manage to get two non PL clubs

Green_Red

Consecutive league titles are infinitely more valuable than the FA Cup at this stage. We win, good, we lose, also good in a way. Just sucks that it’ll be against United.
Getting the excuses in nice and early...

United Hobbit

See I think Klopp will go full strength because its United. If it was most other teams he'd play the kids, but I can't see him wanting to lose to us, especially if we take points off them in the league

I'd like to think Ole will be able to fire us up for this, given he understands what United vs Liverpool means to the fans

When do they decide kick off times etc?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yeah but it’s just added fatigue isn’t it. It’s highly likely you’ll face a top side at some point, but would you rather be up against City in the final after playing Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Leicester, or have their route of several lower league teams before getting Fulham in the semis? You’ve both only gone as far as each other after all.

Conversely, if you’re not gonna win it then maybe it’s best just going out early. No point beating lower league fodder if you’re just going to lose in the final I guess.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Getting the excuses in nice and early...
If you wanna call it excuses, does that also count for the people saying it’s a win-win in here?

It is what it is. A defeat would suck but there’s definitely a silver lining to it.

Sylar

2016/173rd RoundWest Ham 0-5 Man City
2016/174th RoundCrystal Palace 0-3 Man City
2016/175th RoundHuddersfield 0-0 Man City
2016/175th Round (R)Man City 5-1 Huddersfield
2016/176th RoundMiddlesbrough 0-2 Man City
2016/17Semi-FinalArsenal 2-1 Man City (aet)
2017/183rd RoundMan City 4-1 Burnley
2017/184th RoundCardiff 0-2 Man City
2017/185th RoundWigan 1-0 Man City
2018/193rd RoundMan City 7-0 Rotherham
2018/194th RoundMan City 5-0 Burnley
2018/195th RoundNewport 1-4 Man City
2018/196th RoundSwansea 2-3 Man City
2018/19Semi-FinalMan City 1-0 Brighton
2018/19FinalMan City 6-0 Watford
2019/203rd RoundMan City 4-1 Port Vale
2019/204th RoundMan City 4-0 Fulham
2019/205th RoundSheffield Wednesday 0-1 Man City

Since then
Newcastle
Arsenal
Birmingham
Cheltenham
Swansea/forest

That run when they won it in 18/19 :lol:

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
And he won’t be wrong. I don’t think this is an unfavourable draw for you at all.

Klopp couldn’t care less about the FA cup - it’s an irrelevance to him, a nuisance in most usual seasons which gets in the way of what he perceives to be the two trophies worth focusing on.

This season it goes beyond being a nuisance and becomes an active hindrance considering he will be playing with two midfielders in central defence all season and has his work cut out keeping players fit.

I fully expect him to put out the first team and expend every sinew to get a win in the league, and throw the FA cup tie by playing a youth/reserves mix like he’s done every year he’s been here.

I’d be staggered if more than two of salah, mane, firmino, TAA, Robertson, Thiago, Henderson, Fabinho start the game. They’ll all be either on the bench or in the stands.
You mean like against the Villa kids?

Red & White

I remember us getting PL teams in the FA Cup for what seemed like every round for years bar a few games. I’m quite happy with this draw as Klopp has little interest in the domestic cups so it would be nice to knock them out. I see Spurs have had some luck with cup draws this season, are all the stars aligning for Mourinho to get his usual trophy in his second season? I don’t even waste my breath with City‘s draws these days. Death and taxes when they get drawn out of a hat.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
You mean like against the Villa kids?
No, I meant like the weakened sides he played in the third/fourth round exits against West Ham, wolves (twice) and West Brom in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and is likely to do in the fourth round against Manchester United in 2021.

Like I helpfully explained in the post you quoted. I could draw you a picture if you like?

Green_Red

If you wanna call it excuses, does that also count for the people saying it’s a win-win in here?

It is what it is. A defeat would suck but there’s definitely a silver lining to it.
No I'm only taking the piss. Hopefully both of us will see it as a rubber duck game in terms of focusing on league position instead but I think we will need to take it more seriously than yous though because it might be one of our last chances at silverware this season.

Dve

They’ve only got two injured haven’t they?
Not after we´ve played them this weekend... hehe

Yeah, ok, I haven´t really paid attention to their recoveries, so maybe you´re right.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
No, I meant like the weakened sides he played in the third/fourth round exits against West Ham, wolves (twice) and West Brom in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and is likely to do in the fourth round against Manchester United in 2021.

Like I helpfully explained in the post you quoted. I could draw you a picture if you like?
:lol: you're a weird little person

croadyman

See I think Klopp will go full strength because its United. If it was most other teams he'd play the kids, but I can't see him wanting to lose to us, especially if we take points off them in the league

I'd like to think Ole will be able to fire us up for this, given he understands what United vs Liverpool means to the fans

When do they decide kick off times etc?
Yeah I see him going full strength as it's against us

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
2016/173rd RoundWest Ham 0-5 Man City
2016/174th RoundCrystal Palace 0-3 Man City
2016/175th RoundHuddersfield 0-0 Man City
2016/175th Round (R)Man City 5-1 Huddersfield
2016/176th RoundMiddlesbrough 0-2 Man City
2016/17Semi-FinalArsenal 2-1 Man City (aet)
2017/183rd RoundMan City 4-1 Burnley
2017/184th RoundCardiff 0-2 Man City
2017/185th RoundWigan 1-0 Man City
2018/193rd RoundMan City 7-0 Rotherham
2018/194th RoundMan City 5-0 Burnley
2018/195th RoundNewport 1-4 Man City
2018/196th RoundSwansea 2-3 Man City
2018/19Semi-FinalMan City 1-0 Brighton
2018/19FinalMan City 6-0 Watford
2019/203rd RoundMan City 4-1 Port Vale
2019/204th RoundMan City 4-0 Fulham
2019/205th RoundSheffield Wednesday 0-1 Man City

Since then
Newcastle
Arsenal
Birmingham
Cheltenham
Swansea/forest

That run when they won it in 18/19 :lol:
3 PL sides, 2 Championship and 1 beyond that. 2 at home, 2 away. Seems pretty standard to me. I'm not entirely sure if it's City's fault that no actual big side made it to the semis and finals so they could draw City.