FA Cup 5th round draw | Northampton/Derby v United

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Pathetic draw as always. Dippers, Chelsea, City all getting cakewalks while we have a tough away banana skin.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The fans shaking hands :lol:

Imagine if we got Liverpool they had to do that :lol:
I don’t know about that. Decent fans on both sides. The fans from Liverpool tend to be better. Ones I’ve met from outside have been bell ends

Paul_Scholes18

Once the league is won and Atletico knocks them out is Klopp going to send his team for a 3 week vacation or something?
Extending the summer break because they have too little rest?

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I watched the Northampton v Derby match, and Rooney was pretty non existent, didn't really create a lot, and had one shot. Northampton had chances to win, and Derby had no shots on target. United should have no problem with Derby if they beat the mighty Cobblers next week.

Paul_Scholes18

I watched the Northampton v Derby match, and Rooney was pretty non existent, didn't really create a lot, and had one shot. Northampton had chances to win, and Derby had no shots on target. United should have no problem with Derby if they beat the mighty Cobblers next week.
I see you are slightly worse than Colchester. Still we probably need to rush Rashford back and play half injured players to beat you lot ;).

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Pathetic draw as always. Dippers, Chelsea, City all getting cakewalks while we have a tough away banana skin.
It could be Northampton.

And have we got to a point we're calling Derby tough?
We could have got Chelsea, Leicester, City etc etc

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I see you are slightly worse than Colchester. Still we probably need to rush Rashford back and play half injured players to beat you lot ;).
Keith Curle is manager, think Wimbledon and you'll get the style of football, two big strikers, and dangerous from set pieces.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Didn't realise we had any Cobblers fans on here. Are you from Northampton?

I spent many a Saturday afternoon in the Greyfriars bus station as a wee lad. Knocked down now of course and still probably a giant pile of rubble...

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Since Derby have been in the prem we’ve played them:

2009 League Cup
2009 League Cup
2009 FA Cup
2016 FA Cup
2018 FA Cup
2018 League Cup
2020 FA Cup

They need to feck off.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Does that Akinfenwa tank still play for Northampton? I want to him pick up Maguire and launch him like a pencil.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Didn't realise we had any Cobblers fans on here. Are you from Northampton?

I spent many a Saturday afternoon in the Greyfriars bus station as a wee lad. Knocked down now of course and still probably a giant pile of rubble...
A village 10 miles from Northampton, and yes, it's still rubble, but flat rubble.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Does that Akinfenwa tank still play for Northampton? I want to him pick up Maguire and launch him like a pencil.
At Wycombe I believe, and still scoring goals. Are we looking for a striker?????

Last edited:

always_hoping

United losing to Derby in the league cup in Old Trafford last season is still fresh in the memory and most thought United would have no problems with that tie.

Sara125

Wouldn’t mind if it ends up being Northampton I live here at the moment for university and their stadium (sixfields) is a bus ride away

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Sheffield Wednesday vs Man City
Reading/Cardiff vs Sheffield United
Chelsea vs Shrewsbury/Liverpool
West Brom vs Newcastle/Oxford
Leicester vs Coventry/Birmingham
Northampton/Derby vs Man Utd
Southampton/Tottenham vs Norwich
Portsmouth vs Bournemouth/Arsenal
The quarter-final draw has the potential to be strongest ever. A lot of big clubs still in the hunt and pretty much all avoiding each other in this upcoming round.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
You won't need to, as long as Maguire and the other CB (s) win the aerial battles, then United will be fine, but I think Derby will probably win.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Since Derby have been in the prem we’ve played them:

2009 League Cup
2009 League Cup
2009 FA Cup
2016 FA Cup
2018 FA Cup

2018 League Cup
2020 FA Cup

They need to feck off.
Is it really that many times? For the life of me I don't remember the two highlighted games

Also completely forgot Rooney plays for them now, guess we should have seen it coming :lol:

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Here's my prediction : Northampton 2 - 8 United
Very good. No Best or Kidd this time, and the Cobblers won't have Kim Book in goal. I was there, the only time I got a ticket for the main stand. It was a boggy old pitch, worse than Prenton Park, but at least Sixfields is a lot better surface than that old County Ground that they shared with Northamptonshire Cricket Club.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Cant complain about that. Longer we avoid the harder teams, more time for one of the 3 main guys to return and help us out/give a chance for when we do.

Red00012

United losing to Derby in the league cup in Old Trafford last season is still fresh in the memory and most thought United would have no problems with that tie.
Lee Grant took lessons from DDG about saving penos that night . And Phil Jones took a peno.

Paul_Scholes18

Lee Grant took lessons from DDG about saving penos that night . And Phil Jones took a peno.
This time we got clean sheet Romero. Jones might play though so if we go to pens and it is a tie after 10 pens he might shoot one ;).

ZupZup

Derby away in the FA Cup back in 2016 was one of the best and most memorable away days in recent years.

We took 5,000 fans on a Friday night and it was absolutely bouncing. More than fancy a repeat of that.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
How can we both have cakewalk's when (if they win the replay) we've drawn eachother? :lol: