FA Cup Final 2020 - Arsenal v Chelsea

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
One of the Arsenal fans in some fan channel was even arguing if they win the FA cup they would have had a better season than City, United and Chelsea.
Of course they were, it's started already

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
One of the Arsenal fans in some fan channel was even arguing if they win the FA cup they would have had a better season than City, United and Chelsea.
Well... I actually think you can make a case! An FA cup is a great debut season and if they dump city and Chelsea out on the way then that’s really impressive.

Amarsdd

Well... I actually think you can make a case! An FA cup is a great debut season and if they dump city and Chelsea out on the way then that’s really impressive.
it was about Arsenal as a club having a better season and not Arteta as a manager. Even then you could only really argue that he had no expectations at all in the league thus a cup makes it better??

TheLord

Want Arsenal to win. I don't want to see a direct rival lifting important trophies.
With the way things are panning out in the Emirates, Arsenal will soon be irrelevant in all title discussions, anyway - a bottom-half club after Auba leaves.

Last edited:

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
There seems to be a bit of a delusion with some of my Arsenal mates who are telling me they've had a tougher route to the final so it will be more deserved if they win it. FYI the premier league teams they've knocked out are Bournemouth, Sheffield and Man City whilst we've only had to beat Liverpool, Leicester and Man United.

OneUnited24

I want Arsenal to win so they get Europa league next season which should keep them distracted. However getting dumped out of Europe altogether could affect the size of their transfer Kitty... sigh screw it Chelsea win

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
All the magic of cup final day eh...?

Going to be very weird whoever wins getting the trophy in front of a cavernous and almost entirely empty stadium.

Expect Willy to get the nod in goal, reports are Kante and Willian are fit and will surely play then play. Giroud, Pulisic and Mount also surely start after recent league form . Wondering if we'll go 3 at the back or 4 3 3 more similar to the home game v Man City.

Canagel

There seems to be a bit of a delusion with some of my Arsenal mates who are telling me they've had a tougher route to the final so it will be more deserved if they win it. FYI the premier league teams they've knocked out are Bournemouth, Sheffield and Man City whilst we've only had to beat Liverpool, Leicester and Man United.
Didn't Sheffield and Bournemoutn beat Chelsea?

GenZRed

Prefer a Chelsea win but I can imagine Arsenal really playing well today and beating Chelsea.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Cliche but it's really who ever wants it more on the day. Probably favour Chelsea 60/40 but close enough to swing the other way if Chelsea are off the pace and Arsenal get it right. I think last years humbling in the Europa League might give the Arsenal players an extra pep in their step.

Web of Bissaka

:lol: Just to make themselves feel better?

I suppose the trophy counts. If they win, Chelsea win nothing, City only win a slightly lesser cup, and United is yet to compete trying to win EL.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hope Chelsea win. Arsenal fans are already annoyingly smug after beating City.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Expecting a drab affair. Arsenal under Arteta are a chore to watch and Lampard’s Chelsea are pretty uninspiring, too.

Can’t even be arsed to watch it to be honest.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Unsure who I want to win this one. Either way you can bet the press will be hyping it up as a huge achievement for the manager that wins it compared to if Ole had.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
United wanted to enter with a second team playing the 3rd round, the FA was having none of it
I thought it was Man Utd that didn't want to do that in case they drew Liverpool and got hammered?

I think they should have done what Liverpool did this season and sent a second string rather than withdraw, regardless of the risk of defeat.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
We'll of had to beat Liverpool, Leicester, United and Arsenal if we win it, can't say we've had an easy draw this time. ;)
One could argue a Liverpool team that weren't bothered, a Leicester side in freefall, a Man Utd side with other priorities and a terrible, terrible Arsenal side....

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Expecting a drab affair. Arsenal under Arteta are a chore to watch and Lampard’s Chelsea are pretty uninspiring, too.

Can’t even be arsed to watch it to be honest.
How any football fan not being bothered about watching an FA Cup final between two big teams really shows how the cup competition is lost it’s way. To me it’s still a big game.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
How any football fan not being bothered about watching an FA Cup final between two big teams really shows how the cup competition is lost it’s way. To me it’s still a big game.
Oh, it certainly is. I watch it every year but I’m not really feeling it this season with the two teams that are in it and the fact there’s going to be no fans present.

Throw in my parenting duties of two young kids and then I have little-to-no inclinations to making time later to watch it. :D

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Top 4 race gets more attention. Utter disgrace.

Which is why when I seize power my first act of power will be to bring back the CWC

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Top 4 race gets more attention. Utter disgrace.

Which is why when I seize power my first act of power will be to bring back the CWC
What’s a disgrace is it’s not on here unless you get ESPN+. That would be ok for a supporter of the teams but it’s the first time I can’t watch for free. I think it’s going to be a great game

AshRK

Gutted we didn't beat chelsea and play the final. Would have been fun.

Not expecting a great match of football but a boring tie. Want Chelsea to win just cannot stand the deluded Arsenal fans acting all giddy.

brian017

I thought it was Man Utd that didn't want to do that in case they drew Liverpool and got hammered?

I think they should have done what Liverpool did this season and sent a second string rather than withdraw, regardless of the risk of defeat.
Thats what I said and United wanted to do but the FA wouldn't agree to it like they did with Liverpool

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Is Willian injured ? :confused: Pretty much the team that was expected. Only Saka and Nketiah to come in if we need a goal is a bit worrying but hopefully it won't come to that.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Interesting, where is Willian, injured or maybe contract issues messing with his head? Guess Kante not ready yet or tactical maybe.

Seems to be same team as last game, Lampard does seem to do that when we get a good win. Bit concerned though, because we did that after Utd semi game and played in to Liverpool's hands, let's see how it goes this time.

el3mel

Lampard said yesterday Willian and Kante are in the squad but not sure if they'll be fit to start. I think Willian not being there is just fitness issue that's all.