FA Cup Final 2020 - Arsenal v Chelsea

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
He sent someone off for something no-one who has ever seen a game of football before could think was a bookable offense, and in the process basically ended the game. So no he wasn't 'fine' he was a useless prick who just spoiled one of the most iconic events in the football calendar.
The ref was fine in this game, the main decision he got wrong was not sending off Azpi in the first half.
Chelsea were owed this by their fouling in the semis.

Charlie Foley

If Wolves win the Europa League, they go into the CL. Does that affect Spurs' EL qualification?

U99ted

He sent someone off for something no-one who has ever seen a game of football before could think was a bookable offense, and in the process basically ended the game. So no he wasn't 'fine' he was a useless prick who just spoiled one of the most iconic events in the football calendar.
Would you like some popcorn for your salt?

RORY65

Azpilicueta was very lucky to stay on in the first half so I think it sort of evened itself out even if he got both of them wrong, I'm not really sure I get the Chelsea fans acting as if the ref screwed you over. Sort of just seems like a handy excuse for the fact that apart from the first 20 minutes you were second best to a not particularly good side.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
A free kick and a potential red card at 0-0?

I dunno.

I mean it's probably fair either way, you had all the luck in the semi final in terms of days rest, injuries and the ref. And today it all went against you.
That was never a red card in the semi - same situation as today with Azpi. The correct decision would be yellow for Zouma and a FK.

Djemba-Djemba

That was never a red card in the semi - same situation as today with Azpi. The correct decision would be yellow for Zouma and a FK.
Well we can agree to disagree on that.

But surely you agree that you had all the luck in the semi final, Mike Dean was atrocious, and today was just the opposite.

So it's understandable you're upset right now after a cup final defeat, anybody would be. But in the next few days you should realise it was just one of those things. You got lucky in the semi final and probably unlucky today.

el3mel

So, who's had the better season now?
Us clearly
I guess CL spot better than FA cup trophy? Chelsea or Arsenal?
I mean believing Arsenal had better season than Chelsea is like believing they had better season than us if we don't win EL, considering we finished 3rd with same points as Chelsea and didn't win the cup. Will you consider Arsenal to have better season than us ? Obviously not, so they didn't have better one than Chelsea either.

Fa Cup and EL qualification are nice and all but it has been a disastrous season for them.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Well we can agree to disagree on that.

But surely you agree that you had all the luck in the semi final, Mike Dean was atrocious, and today was just the opposite.

So it's understandable you're upset right now after a cup final defeat, anybody would be. But in the next few days you should realise it was just one of those things. You got lucky in the semi final and probably unlucky today.
Yeah I can appreciate this perspective. I'm definitely feeling the salt right now.

Enjoyed the discussion mate, best of luck in the EL!

(Sorry realised this might come across as condescending, genuinely didn't mean it that way)

Santoryo

ripping the reward
That would have been a free kick as it was outside the area. You're telling me a free kick at 0-0 is as impactful as a red card at 1-2?
Zouma was the last defender. That's a freekick in a dangerous position and more importantly a potential red card at 0-0 going into half time.

Sylar

They FINALLY showed the replay to show it wasnt a handball outside. So odd they didnt do it during the game.

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah I can appreciate this perspective. I'm definitely feeling the salt right now.

Enjoyed the discussion mate, best of luck in the EL!

(Sorry realised this might come across as condescending, genuinely didn't mean it that way)
I wouldn't have taken it that way, I know you're a decent poster.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Zouma was the last defender. That's a freekick in a dangerous position and more importantly a potential red card at 0-0 going into half time.
Incorrect as Martial wasn't in an obvious goal-scoring position. Controlling a high ball at the corner of the 18 yard box heading betwixt the goal and the corner flag is not an obvious opportunity, no matter Martial's quality.

imamuppet

Thank you Arsenal

:D

And thank you fellow caftards for reminding Chelsea how we were hard done by in the semi-final after we were fouled over and over without them getting punished for the continual fouling and stopping the flow of our game.

Karma is great, after influencing that petty little man, Mike Dean, "Big" Frank gets a uck you from todays referee.

Hopefully he learns to keep his trap shut in the future, actually hopefully he doesnt

:lol: :lol:

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Azpilicueta was very lucky to stay on in the first half so I think it sort of evened itself out even if he got both of them wrong, I'm not really sure I get the Chelsea fans acting as if the ref screwed you over. Sort of just seems like a handy excuse for the fact that apart from the first 20 minutes you were second best to a not particularly good side.
That was a clear red. Poor decision. In the end Kovacic paid dearly for the ref's earlier blunder.

Superunknown

They FINALLY showed the replay to show it wasnt a handball outside. So odd they didnt do it during the game.
Can't figure out why they wouldn't show that. It was very close and in real-time looked outside of the box.

montpelier

I don't think the pen was a stonewall red.

The red was a TERRIBLE decision - Xhaka is a twat.

Arse shaded the game, probably.

Lovely finish, PEA.

Schneiderman

If Wolves win the Europa League, they go into the CL. Does that affect Spurs' EL qualification?
It must do, maximum of 7 English teams in Europe. If we don't win it, I hope Wolves do now, it'd be hilarious after Mourinho's celebrations.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's an actual trophy though, with a significant history, it failed to mean anything. Like 3 in 5 years I believe at the end and yet nothing.
True. Arsenal under Wenger, with their little investment and expecting challenging the League. They also played attractive football.
I thought it was a non-sensible decision though by the Board.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Loved that emotion from Martinez at the end of the game. What a journey it has been for him.

PoTMS

It must do, maximum of 7 English teams in Europe. If we don't win it, I hope Wolves do now, it'd be hilarious after Mourinho's celebrations.
Not true. If Wolves win the Europa League, they go into Champions League for next season alongside the current top 4 teams who have qualified. Europa League spaces are unaffected.