FA Cup Final 2020 - Arsenal v Chelsea

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I remember some Chelsea fans claiming 4th plus FA cup is better than whatever utd achieved this season. Are they back down on earth or what?

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
No, the keeper himself was outside but the ball was definitely on the line, which technically is inside. The ref got that spot-on.
Hmm, looks over the line from this...

It's possible some scamp on Twitter doctored that pic but if it's real, it's outside the area.

el3mel

It's possible some scamp on Twitter doctored that pic but if it's real, it's outside the area.
Yeah this one was shocking from the ref to be totally honest and fair.

el3mel

Arteta's celebration with players is a great watch though. He really feels like their friend and not their manager or anything. Great relationship with his players.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic

Nah, that's definitely a doctored picture. I watched the replay, slow-mo and frame freeze analysis by the BBC panelists and it was definitely on the line. VAR wd have definitely picked it up.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Chelsea lost, good. Lampard is an arrogant crude cnut and the semis still hurt.

Better Arse than them, Oilchester Cited or the dippers.

arnie_ni

Yea that's the one ive seen. Def outside

arnie_ni

Nah, that's definitely a doctored picture. I watched the replay, slow-mo and frame freeze analysis by the BBC panelists and it was definitely on the line. VAR wd have definitely picked it up.
Awh fair enough.

Can var even look at it? No red card, no peno, no var?

Blatzo

Not that I particularly care, but I think Chelsea were on the wrong end of the officiating today. Especially if the tweet with regard to the GK handball is legit (so bizarre the match director chose not to replay that!).

That's not to say Arsenal wouldn't have won anyway - Chelsea were probably second best all game after going 1-0 up.

For the Arsenal penalty that was given is the rule now about where the contact finishes? I'm sure it used to be where the first foul was... which was definitely outside the box.

Cpt Negative

Not that I particularly care, but I think Chelsea were on the wrong end of the officiating today. Especially if the tweet with regard to the GK handball is legit (so bizarre the match director chose not to replay that!).

That's not to say Arsenal wouldn't have won anyway - Chelsea were probably second best all game after going 1-0 up.

For the Arsenal penalty that was given is the rule now about where the contact finishes? I'm sure it used to be where the first foul was... which was definitely outside the box.
It’s been the rule if it continues inside the box for ages. I remember Park getting a penalty against Liverpool for something similar, that must have been 10 years ago now.

I didn’t actually think it was a penalty, I still don’t understand how people’s legs give way with a slight tug on the shoulder, the red was a joke too

cyberman

It’s been the rule if it continues inside the box for ages. I remember Park getting a penalty against Liverpool for something similar, that must have been 10 years ago now.

I didn’t actually think it was a penalty, I still don’t understand how people’s legs give way with a slight tug on the shoulder, the red was a joke too
Spot on. I remember when we were going for 4th during Leicesters title win and played them at OT. 1-1 going into the last few minutes and a defender grabbed Depay and pulled him back going well into the box. He never let him go.
Michael Oliver gave a free just outside.
I was furious

GenZRed

I would be so angry if I were a Chelsea fan. The ref was a disgrace. NEVER a second yellow for that player who got sent off card and the penalty was soft, a 50/50.

I just knew Arsenal would pull one out of the bag. I won't be surprised to see them challenging for Top 4 next seaspm. Chelsea need at least two quality Centre backs, we need one tw so the race for quality defenders is going to be interesting.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Correct me if I'm wrong but BBC didn't show a replay did they? Surely the VAR guy must've seen a replay and decide it wasn't over the line but if the above image really is true then it seems up VAR this season in the English game.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
BBC showed a replay that shows its insdie the box, the image posted here is photoshopped (proven by twitter)

Happy for Arsenal, a good trophy for them. And a nice bit of karma for Chelsea after fouling their way through the semi final against us.

el3mel

What are these ads about Pokemon though ? Didn't notice during the game. :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Just seen theyre wearing "always 14 forward" shirts to celebrate :lol: was wondering why a shirt said "forward" earlier

Stretender

Ok I wanted Arsenal to win. Lampard is protected by British media. I will tell you one thing. Mikel Arteta is the real deal. I work with a Manchester city fan and he tells me letting Arteta go is going to haunt Manchester city. He is so good tactically Arteta and its going to be interesting watching him next season