FA Cup Final 2020 - Arsenal v Chelsea

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
FA Cup is a cherry on the cake trophy nowadays and Arsenal have no cake... So my answer to the OP question is Chelsea.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
No, just free reign to kick and foul at will without any punishment.
So, there's that...
Well yes? This is exactly my point?

Dean was bad yes and Chelsea players should have gotten yellows. Overall though here's no incident you can point to in that semi that was flubbed by the ref that was nearly as impactful as the ludicrous red for Kovacic.

Bondi77

Good game for the neutral apart from the send off which was ridiculous
Glad that four good teams will have to play Europa on Thursday nights so should be slightly easier for us when we play them on the weekends.

nainaisson

Happy for Arsenal, a good trophy for them. And a nice bit of karma for Chelsea after fouling their way through the semi final against us.
This. I guess Frank didn't feel threatened enough by Arsenal to attempt to influence the referees. Big mistake.

Congrats to Arsenal. I'm always happy to see a midtable side win a cup competition. That's the magic of cup competitions.

padzilla

Hipster
Glad to see Chelsea lose but the systematic diving everytime a tackle is made by Arsenal was annoying. Another embarrassing display of grown men feigning injury at every opportunity. You can see Arteta is Pep's boy alright.

jus2nang

Supports
Arsenal
Enjoy the Europa league for the 4th season in a row playing a bunch of farmers
We rarely did anything in the CL anyway. Yes we want to be in it, but at the end of the day I remember the trophies, not "we were in the CL that season".

But yeah of course CL is important for the money and attracting players so there's that.

There are some top sides in the Europa by the way - Napoli, Villarreal, AC Milan, PSV, Roma etc.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We rarely did anything in the CL anyway. Yes we want to be in it, but at the end of the day I remember the trophies, not "we were in the CL that season".

But yeah of course CL is important for the money and attracting players so there's that.

There are some top sides in the Europa by the way - Napoli, Villarreal, AC Milan, PSV, Roma etc.
:lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
I do understand Chelsea fans being frustrated by the ref yesterday but let's be honest Arsenal were the better team and deserved the win over the 90.

Ace of Spades

Don't care about either of them, also did not watch the match but feel a bit better that Chelsea did not win after the ridiculous amount of fouling that happened in our game.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well yes? This is exactly my point?

Dean was bad yes and Chelsea players should have gotten yellows. Overall though here's no incident you can point to in that semi that was flubbed by the ref that was nearly as impactful as the ludicrous red for Kovacic.
Yeah, there wasn't a single incident but cumulatively it was worse in Semi finals. Chelsea made so many fouls and didn't get a single yellow which means your players didn't even have to worry about sending off. Played with same freedom and added protection from refs too to break every move by fouling.

It was sort of funny though, not getting any yellow cards when you were fouling machine to soft yellows and reds in finals.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Well, they'e champions of the FA Cup competition as they won it. So he's not completely incorrect.
you can't be champions of a cup competition, if you ask me. never heard it before. and if Morgan thinks so, you have to question it!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Well, they'e champions of the FA Cup competition as they won it. So he's not completely incorrect.
We all know he's on a massive wind up.

At the end of last season, he said on GMB that Emery would lead them to the title. Why people get triggered by him is a mystery

Slysi17

Why the need for this dig? Weird to be honest, let them enjoy a big win.
Yeah apologies it was a bit harsh. At least it was a decent end to the season. I dislike Arsenal due to that bunch from Arsenal fan TV except for Kelechi.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
that clown Piers Morgan is calling Arsenal FA Cup "champions"!
I remember Liverpool fans doing that when they won it, proper cringe, you’re cup winners and league champions and no one can convince me otherwise.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
you can't be champions of a cup competition, if you ask me. never heard it before. and if Morgan thinks so, you have to question it!
champion/ˈtʃampɪən/

noun
noun: champion; plural noun: champions
  1. 1.
    a person who has surpassed all rivals in a sporting contest or other competition.
They did that.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
All chelsea fans crying about the ref! Where were you lot with your 20 fouls without a card against us in the semis? Love to see it. Feck these plastics.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I can’t quite work out how Chelsea have had (relative) success this season. Their first eleven strikes me as being average across the board and their heralded youngsters (RLC, CHO, etc.) generally flatter to deceive.

People talk about Lampard having done a great job in the context of the transfer ban, but in the same breath it is pretty widely accepted that they have far more squad depth than United do – if that is the case, then their inability to bring new players in shouldn’t have been that damaging.

The reality is that Lampard sets his teams up to play expansively and he should be lauded for that, but he has displayed very little ability at Chelsea and Derby in respect of organising a defensive unit, and I think he’s going to need to purchase ready to go defenders who can do the marshalling themselves.

Compare with Arteta at Arsenal who has taken individually and collectively a worse back line and made structural and organisational improvements – that’s great coaching.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Where were you lot with your 20 fouls without a card against us in the semis?
That was belated karma for your systematic targeting of Hazard for years.

But in general though i do agree that referee incompetency does tend to even out for teams in the long run.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I can’t quite work out how Chelsea have had (relative) success this season. Their first eleven strikes me as being average across the board and their heralded youngsters (RLC, CHO, etc.) generally flatter to deceive.

People talk about Lampard having done a great job in the context of the transfer ban, but in the same breath it is pretty widely accepted that they have far more squad depth than United do – if that is the case, then their inability to bring new players in shouldn’t have been that damaging.

The reality is that Lampard sets his teams up to play expansively and he should be lauded for that, but he has displayed very little ability at Chelsea and Derby in respect of organising a defensive unit, and I think he’s going to need to purchase ready to go defenders who can do the marshalling themselves.

Compare with Arteta at Arsenal who has taken individually and collectively a worse back line and made structural and organisational improvements – that’s great coaching.
Arteta has basically put the handbrakes on them attack wise to achieve that though. The few times we've done the same (Liverpool in the cup, City home the main example's) we've looked quite good at the back on the night aswell.

Arteta seems to want to wait until he's got the personnel at the back to expand his attacking tactics whereas Lampard (like pre VVD Klopp) would prefer to start with the attack and take the punches while we go. Neither is a wrong approach per se but Frank's does involve more risk, and more reward if we can eventually master it.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
That was belated karma for your systematic targeting of Hazard for years.

But in general though i do agree that referee incompetency does tend to even out for teams in the long run.
Haha. It was not for years. Only under Mou who knew how much of a threat Eden was considering he coached him. BTW loved that. Herrera on Eden was fun to watch as a United fan :lol:

JNicholas

Supports
Arsenal
He’s the Swiss Charlie Adam. I hope he’s gone next season replaced by a competent footballer.
A competent footballer? what a rancid opinion. Xhaka has been sublime since Arteta came in.

He's just needed to be used properly which he is now.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
champion/ˈtʃampɪən/
noun
noun: champion; plural noun: champions
  1. 1.
    a person who has surpassed all rivals in a sporting contest or other competition.
They did that.
and when did you last hear thew inners of the FA Cup called that? (prior to Piers Moron)