FA Cup Final: Chelsea V Leicester City

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Kick off : 17:15
Stadium: Wembley Stadium

Chelsea heavy favourites or does Leicester have any chance at all?

The Oracle

Cup Final so anything can happen.

Expecting Leicester to put up a great fight, but ultimately I think Chelsea will lift the trophy.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
TEAM NEWS
Chelsea's Mateo Kovacic is fit after a five-week absence with a hamstring problem, while N'Golo Kante will start despite nursing an Achilles issue.

Goalkeeper Kepa is another confirmed starter but Andreas Christensen might not be available.
Leicester will assess the fitness of defender Jonny Evans, who has missed two games because of a heel injury.

Ricardo Pereira and James Maddison may not be risked from the start as they continue to strive for full fitness.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
FA Cup final, then what may very well be a Champions League decider 3 days later, both against Chelsea.

By Tuesday night, I may really hate Chelsea.

Wilt

Tuchel will still be fuming over the Arsenal loss, can’t imagine Chelsea losing this.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
FA Cup final, then what may very well be a Champions League decider 3 days later, both against Chelsea.

Which would you rather win? I'd obviously prefer Chelsea winning this and you winning the league game. I think they'll still have a chance of CL qualification.

Truth be told I can only see you beating them In a cup and not the league. They're playing better.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Leicester are finished for the season unfortunately. Won’t win any of their remaining three games.

amolbhatia50k

Leicester are finished for the season unfortunately. Won’t win any of their remaining three games.
Was surprised at how bad they were against us when we rested all those players. They're really just banking on Spurs not turning on the final day and some cup final luck. But they look out of gas.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Was surprised at how bad they were against us when we rested all those players. They're really just banking on Spurs not turning on the final day and some cup final luck. But they look out of gas.
Just a win against Spurs won’t be enough, they also need to get a draw against Chelsea (or beat Chelsea to make the Spurs game irrelevant). They’re toast imo.

amolbhatia50k

J
Just a win against Spurs won’t be enough, they also need to get a draw against Chelsea (or beat Chelsea to make the Spurs game irrelevant). They’re toast imo.
I can see Liverpool dropping some points. In that case won't a Spurs win be enough?

amolbhatia50k

Yes but Liverpool not winning those three games sounds very unrealistic. None of those teams have anything to play for.
It's three games, not a very tiny run. How often have they managed 4 (having beaten us) on the bounce this season? Can see one going wrong for them. Their defense is still rubbish and sometimes teams that have nothing to play for, play better and with more freedom

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Leicester are done this season. Chelsea will win comfortably

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Leicester winning this, Chelsea winning the UCL is probably the least worst scenario, right?

amolbhatia50k

Leicester winning this, Chelsea winning the UCL is probably the least worst scenario, right?
Yup.

Leicester win FA cup
Chelsea win the CL
Leicester win their league games
Livepool winning a go feck yourselves cnuts

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Just think of the Hazard goal and we'll be friends again :D

Last edited:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Feels odd having a FA Cup final when there's still PL games to be played.

Robertd0803

I dont think Leicester have a chance to be honest, plus if they win/lose today then I still see them bottling top 4 again anyway. Just see Chelsea being too strong for them.

That being said Id much prefer to see Leicester winning.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I think it'll be tight, may go into extra time, but Chelsea will nick it.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Which would you rather win? I'd obviously prefer Chelsea winning this and you winning the league game. I think they'll still have a chance of CL qualification.

Truth be told I can only see you beating them In a cup and not the league. They're playing better.
They are playing better, no doubt about it. I'd be happy with just one win from either. Offensively, I'm not convinced they're all that, but with their solid defense, without Barnes, with Maddison in shocking form, and with old-man Vardy, I don't know where we're going to get goals from.

In terms of which I'd rather win, I don't know, it's such a difficult choice. In terms of "progressing the club", Champions league is better - it means we'd have more money, can attract a higher quality of player, and of course the CL nights are great and our run last time was amazing (topped the group, knocked out Sevilla, robbed vs. Atletico via dodgy penalty).

On the other hand, we've never won the FA cup (and have the record for most FA cup final without winning it), and we haven't won a cup since 1997. We're also never going to win the CL, and unlike the title winning side, I'm not sure this group have the resilience to go far into the tournament.

Winning either game would make this a "successful" season. Losing both would be even more crushing than last season.

Fooza

Chelsea will definitely win this game, Leicester will get hammered and Vardy will never score.

redrobed

I’ll be rooting for Leicester. Both clubs are guilty of trying to buy success but Leicester less so. They’re a cracking little club otherwise.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We've already paid you back for that 10-fold by pretty much giving away Kante. :(
That was a great gesture tbh, but it has been fully paid in kind when we massively overpaid for Drinkwater. See, a history of friendship. Let's not throw away what we've built over a couple of pesky football matches. We might need to have a friendly conversation about Fofana or Tielemans in the near future :D

Statue of Limitations

Does it not go straight to pens now if it's a draw?

I like an FA Cup final (If we aren't involved) to be one where I don't mind who wins.

I'll go 2-1 Chelsea but kinda rooting for Leicester.

tomaldinho1

Don’t normally watch other PL teams outside of the CL final but am intrigued by this one.
Kepa error, 1-0 Leicester

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
I dont think Leicester have a chance to be honest, plus if they win/lose today then I still see them bottling top 4 again anyway. Just see Chelsea being too strong for them.

That being said Id much prefer to see Leicester winning.
Blah, wibble.

redrobed

You what now?
Not sure if you meant to question that bit obviously both clubs have spent vast sums of money over the years. Our own model is morally better - look at the players we’ve brought through over the years - Keano, Becks, Giggsy, Scholesy. I just don’t really agree with chucking money at it. That’s not football to me.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Yes but Liverpool not winning those three games sounds very unrealistic. None of those teams have anything to play for.
Yeah, I see the Dippers tonking the remaining three by an aggregate of 10+ goals or something. All three are on the beach.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
We’ve beaten them once this season, we have more points, how do we not have a chance?
Leicester don't seem to be playing as well now as they were earlier in the season, and I thought they were a bit underwhelming against a second string United team on Tuesday.
If Evans and Madison are in, then you have a chance, and the fact that Chelsea seem unable to score a lot of goals from the numerous chances they create is another plus point.
I really hope Leicester do win the FA Cup this year, 5 losing FA Cup finals is not a great stat.
The very first professional football match I saw was at Filbert Street, in April 1963, when Leicester beat United 4-3. I think both Keyworth and Law got hat tricks that day, one of Laws goals was a stunning overhead kick which left Banks rooted to the spot, with the ball bouncing in the back of the net. A few weeks later United beat Leicester in the FA Cup final 3-1.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We’ve beaten them once this season, we have more points, how do we not have a chance?
Of course you have a chance, a pretty good one if you ask me. I know the two clubs recent form are very different but it’s a one off game, and a chance for you guys to win your first ever FA cup. Chelsea can definitely be got at, even West Brom put 5 past them. I’ll definitely be rooting for you lot anyway.