FA Cup Final: Chelsea V Leicester City

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah. Losing two finals (one of which was expected to be won) and being kicked out of top 4 at the last minute is the same as simply finishing 5th.

Are you a robot?
Getting to two finals is an accomplishment that means in two competitions entered only one side has done better yet you are arguing being in them makes it an even bigger "bottle job" as though it would have been better to have lost in the 3rd round.

That would be devastating for Leicester, never mind Chelsea who were huge favourites.
Huge favourites? Can you be my bookie please? :lol:

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Yesterday it was a UEFA Champions League final, FA Cup final, top four and a 3rd place finish, Champions League football next season, and potentially the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, and Club World Cup to look forward to next season.

Imagine having all that and two weeks later it is suddenly just 5th and Europa League football. Nah, I'd rather finish mid-table.
"imagine having all that" we had nothing but opportunities. By your own flawed logic we had nothing six months ago under Lampard so we should be on cloud nine? In the real world, one well earned opportunity is gone and two remain.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I knew they were beatable, was a nervous wreck but Tuchel team's aren't invincible.

Finally managed to start breathing calmly again, what a result and a great moment.
I think most people probably had Chelsea as favourites because of the name rather than the players on the pitch, as has been proved for the last two years in the league there's actually very little between the two clubs man for man now

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Congrats to Leicester. Well deserved. When Chilwell got that equaliser I was certain Chelsea would go on to win it, but thank goodness it was offside. Another trophy for Leicester, fantastic.

BlueHaze

Was rooting for Leicester and really happy they won. Real tragedy that club was through and seeing those scenes with them celebrating with the owners son was really heart warming. To be completely honest their owners are a perfect example of how good owners should run a club first winning that title which was an absolutely crazy achievement and now the FA cup. Real shame what happened to Vichai.

Mcking

"imagine having all that" we had nothing but opportunities. By your own flawed logic we had nothing six months ago under Lampard so we should be on cloud nine? In the real world, one well earned opportunity is gone and two remain.
There's nothing like logic there, talk of a flawed one. It is about emotions, nothing else.

Offsideagain

Leicester deserved the victory. The fans and players have a strong tie with the owners. I believe that gave them an extra 5% on the pitch in effort and belief. United players are thinking about the owners and the fans protests which must have upset the preparation of the team. Well played Leicester.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I doubt he cared that the goal was ruled out and Chelsea lost. He seemed to be more interested in himself than the football. That’s why that moment made it to us.

dogwithabone

That would be devastating for Leicester, never mind Chelsea who were huge favourites.
I don’t know the odds but surely Chelsea couldn’t have been huge favourites ? Personally I thought Leicester would win but that’s hardly anything too mind blowing, they’re ahead of Chelsea in the league and have been for virtually the entire season. There isn’t much between the two sides, maybe Chelsea would win 6 times out of 10 but it was never ever a final when any level headed observer would say one or other were a clear favourite - to be fair that’s how it panned out too, I think Chelsea had one more shot than Leicester.

mu4c_20le

I don’t know the odds but surely Chelsea couldn’t have been huge favourites ? Personally I thought Leicester would win but that’s hardly anything too mind blowing, they’re ahead of Chelsea in the league and have been for virtually the entire season. There isn’t much between the two sides, maybe Chelsea would win 6 times out of 10 but it was never ever a final when any level headed observer would say one or other were a clear favourite - to be fair that’s how it panned out too, I think Chelsea had one more shot than Leicester.
Leicester were 4.00 to win, but I only took 2.62 to win the cup because I thought it would go to pens.