FA Cup Final: Chelsea V Leicester City

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Not sure if you meant to question that bit obviously both clubs have spent vast sums of money over the years. Our own model is morally better - look at the players we’ve brought through over the years - Keano, Becks, Giggsy, Scholesy. I just don’t really agree with chucking money at it. That’s not football to me.
:lol: Come on. I'm all for shitting on the billionaire lottery clubs, but Leicester are legit. Everyone can't be lucky to have a class of 92. Keane was bought btw.

Withnail

Not sure if you meant to question that bit obviously both clubs have spent vast sums of money over the years. Our own model is morally better - look at the players we’ve brought through over the years - Keano, Becks, Giggsy, Scholesy. I just don’t really agree with chucking money at it. That’s not football to me.
United of course have never chucked money at it :lol:

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Hopefully we'll be motivated after the Arsenal shock and got full squad to pick from. They beat us in January and I expect a tight game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What happened to maddison? From all that hype in the 1st half of the season to being dropped against us and talk of him not working hard. I mean Perez is really average so to get dropped for him is something

Jean claude van hire

FA Cup final, then what may very well be a Champions League decider 3 days later, both against Chelsea.

By Tuesday night, I may really hate Chelsea.
Good luck today, genuinely hope you guys do it. Unfortunately I have a feeling Chelsea may win today but Leicester will come out on top in the league clash. Would you take that now if offered by the way?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They are playing better, no doubt about it. I'd be happy with just one win from either. Offensively, I'm not convinced they're all that, but with their solid defense, without Barnes, with Maddison in shocking form, and with old-man Vardy, I don't know where we're going to get goals from.

In terms of which I'd rather win, I don't know, it's such a difficult choice. In terms of "progressing the club", Champions league is better - it means we'd have more money, can attract a higher quality of player, and of course the CL nights are great and our run last time was amazing (topped the group, knocked out Sevilla, robbed vs. Atletico via dodgy penalty).

On the other hand, we've never won the FA cup (and have the record for most FA cup final without winning it), and we haven't won a cup since 1997. We're also never going to win the CL, and unlike the title winning side, I'm not sure this group have the resilience to go far into the tournament.

Winning either game would make this a "successful" season. Losing both would be even more crushing than last season.
Good luck for both games, hope you win both of them.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Good luck today, genuinely hope you guys do it. Unfortunately I have a feeling Chelsea may win today but Leicester will come out on top in the league clash. Would you take that now if offered by the way?
I certainly would (a win in the league guarantees us a CL spot), but that's because I'm a pessimist, so automatically assume we'll lose both :lol:

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
If I offered you a draw for right now for Tuesday... Would you take it?
Definitely. A point would be a great result. Would put us ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool going into the last week, meaning we'd just need to better one of their results.

0 points against Chelsea means it's no longer in our hands, and we're relying on favours.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
What happened to maddison? From all that hype in the 1st half of the season to being dropped against us and talk of him not working hard. I mean Perez is really average so to get dropped for him is something
He has had a recurring hip injury & is not completely match fit.

The Firestarter

Yes... There's loads doing this type of thing. A lot of his accents are off and his material isn't great.
He got a live interview with the actual Cara and Gary on Sky. So I guess you just don't like him that much, which is fine.

Withnail

He got a live interview with the actual Cara and Gary on Sky. So I guess you just don't like him that much, which is fine.
If he's blowing up online and people think he's funny then it's win-win for Sky.

I've just seen loads of these guys and there was a group of comedians used to do a show along these lines in Ireland since about 1994 which was very funny and cleverly written so I suppose my standards are high.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
If he's blowing up online and people think he's funny then it's win-win for Sky.

I've just seen loads of these guys and there was a group of comedians used to do a show along these lines in Ireland since about 1994 which was very funny and cleverly written so I suppose my standards are high.
He's quite good I think but he went on during that awkward period where Sky were doing everything remotely and I think he only got on because Carra was one of his main acts.

The guy admitted during the interview that he's only good at a few people - hence still relying on Lampard - but fair play to him for giving it his all.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Henderson, Rashford, Greenwood, McTom, Williams and I guess Tuanzebe if you can call him first team.

That’s 4 players and 2 back up in an entire squad.

We have CHO, Mount, Abraham and James. Whilst also containing Christensen and Gilmour although these two I’m not including as we bought them. Ruben would also be in here had it not been for that pointless friendly ruining him.

So realistically let’s say 4 to 4. Yes how evil of us to be ruining football.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Henderson, Rashford, Greenwood, McTom, Williams and I guess Tuanzebe if you can call him first team.

That’s 4 players and 2 back up in an entire squad.

We have CHO, Mount, Abraham and James. Whilst also containing Christensen and Gilmour although these two I’m not including as we bought them. Ruben would also be in here had it not been for that pointless friendly ruining him.

So realistically let’s say 4 to 4. Yes how evil of us to be ruining football.
We paid nothing for Christensen and he joined Chelsea at the same age John Terry did. It makes no sense to separate him from the other academy first team players.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Should be an interesting watch before the real cup final between these teams in midweek.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Big shock Maddison isn't starting and Ayoze Perez in instead.

Looks like there's truth in the rumours he and Brendan had a big falling out in last few weeks.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Massively talented player however the persistent injury to his hip has really hindered him this year.

Rumours persist that a major blow up with Rodgers after the Newcastle debacle.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yeah Maddison started v all of West Brom, Palace and Southampton in last month so not like he's desperately short of fitness so in this type of game he starts for me with what he can provide getting some space.

I find Perez a very mediocre player in general.

Tuchel not wearing a suit for this. :lol: Even Pulis put one on to lead the teams out when Stoke got there before he changed back quickly before kick off.

Should be an interesting watch before the real cup final between these teams in midweek.
this is what’s so wrong with the cup final being played when it is. This isint just due to COVID.

the cup final should be a showcase, and the last game of the top flight season.

I hate that there may be distractions.

marktan

Think this will be quite an easy Chelsea win, there's almost no creativity in that Leicester team.

The likes of Madison, Barnes and Justin are a big miss for then, mainly because there's a real lack of pace in the team.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I really would like to see Rodgers win his first of anything in the league. He deserves it.

cian68

Keano as in British transfer record Roy Keane?

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
Seeing that Iheanacho goal compilation just reminded me of the person on these forums that said he only scores tap ins :lol:

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Leicester have only one squad for their double header against Chelsea. The latter can field a new starting XI 3 days which will still be as good, if not better, than the Foxes best XI.

I see two Chelsea wins in a row here.