FA Cup Final: Chelsea V Leicester City

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Kasper pulling out a save that would definitely make his father proud right there at the end to keep Leicester in the lead. A bit fortunate with the offside call to take away the Chelsea goal.

Don't really understand why Rogers shut up shop with 15 minutes left as it invited way too much pressure onto Leicester and they were pinned.
It was offside.

Brendan probably trusted his defence, midfield and goalie to effectively run a defence exercise for 15 minutes rather than leave spaces for Chelsea players to pass through.

Pearl's a minger

Credit where it's due,I'll never be Leicester's biggest fan but I can't help but be happy for them. And on another plus side, surely Chelsea can't lose 3 finals in a row??

Drifter

American
Congratulations Leicester. To add to their PL title. Shows what you can do with a well run club.

Crustanoid

Would be fully convinced he's a rugby player not knowing him.

On another note, great to see a proper FA Cup celebration. Wish its importance grow back somehow.
It grew back some value today. Would have been devalued further if a plastic club had won it again. This is a historic competition, which is football heritage and should stay that way.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Kasper pulling out a save that would definitely make his father proud right there at the end to keep Leicester in the lead. A bit fortunate with the offside call to take away the Chelsea goal.

Don't really understand why Rogers shut up shop with 15 minutes left as it invited way too much pressure onto Leicester and they were pinned.
I don't think it was a bad call at all to shut up shop. Chelsea struggle as much as United do against a parked bus - their strategy in the Arsenal game was to have fecking Rudiger shoot from 35 yards.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
No need to bash United though, its a bad and unnecessary habit to have.
This way of recruiting doesnt bring consistency. Leicester can do it because it doesn't matter if lesser profile players from lesser clubs buckle under big team expectations.
You cant do this at Utd and I doubt Leicester fans care
In what way is saying we should overhaul our scouting bashing United? I think it’s pretty well known within the fanbase that we could recruit better. Would suggesting we renovate the stadium also be bashing the club in your eyes? Because to me seeking improvement isn’t a bad thing.

redshaw

Congrats to Leicester, really pleased for them. A great goal, great saves and top recruitment.

The Hilton

so the defenders and the DM played well.... wonder why you've picked them out when you're citing chances created and possession?

You've even got Chelsea fans conceding they were second best and only did anything in the last 10 minutes but you continue to double down
Hard facts > emotional fan opinions.

Besides, they've said Chelsea didn't do enough to win (which, by extension, means Leicester who did a lot less didn't either), not that they deserved to lose.

I cite defenders and the DM because the forwards, despite creating more, were very wasteful. However the only player that played better for Leicester than for Chelsea was the goalkeeper. Tielemans maybe because of the absurdly good goal.

But the difference between us is clear, you "feel" that Leicester were better, despite them creating nothing, having way less of the ball, and being totally reliant on moments of magic. I "double down" on the stats being the stats, despite actually rooting for Leicester, I'm just not blinded by emotion.

led_scholes

People in the stands and a true club wining against a plastic one. Great football day. Congrats to Leicester!

Nick7

Besides, they've said Chelsea didn't do enough to win (which, by extension, means Leicester who did a lot less didn't either), not that they deserved to lose.

I cite defenders and the DM because the forwards, despite creating more, were very wasteful. However the only player that played better for Leicester than for Chelsea was the goalkeeper. Tielemans maybe because of the absurdly good goal.

But the difference between us is clear, you "feel" that Leicester were better, despite them creating nothing, having way less of the ball, and being totally reliant on moments of magic. I "double down" on the stats being the stats, despite actually rooting for Leicester, I'm just not blinded by emotion.
This is why I hate the fan narrative around stats in football

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Well done Leicester, held firm the first 40 minutes but finished the half strong and continued at the start of the second.

Ultimately finals are about moments and in the Tielemans strike and Schmeichel's saves your players produced three of them to deservedly win.

Enjoy!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

No you're blinded by stats which mean feck all without context

You're literally the only person in this thread who think the best team lost

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
Imagine Chelsea losing the UCL final too, and then finishing 5th.
Was thinking about that during the game. Would've made it possibly the biggest failure job in a long time given it's two weeks or so.

Then again, won't be laughing if we bottle it against Villarreal.
:lol::lol::lol: come on now. If we finish 5th we finish 5th. Only in mind-numbingly dense football fan narrative is finishing 5th and being beaten in two finals worse than simply finishing 5th :houllier::lol:

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Uhhhhh Fred is decent but he is nowhere close to Tielemans as an all round midfielder and Ndidi is up there with Fabinho as the best defensive midfielder in the premier league if not Europe. We would he genuine title contenders if we had them 2 as our double pivot.
Tielemans is okay and I dont like Ndidi at all.
I take Fred’s workrate any day before the two. But yeah, I wouldn’t mind Tielemans in our squad. Think him and Fred would make a good partnership.

Congrats to Leicester btw, well deserved. Hope Chelski lose the other final now too haha.

It's very hard to dislike Leicester. Even with Brenton in charge.

The journey they've been on in the last 10 years is phenomenal and great for english football.

Glad to see them win the cup.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
Goals win games, not stats.

Leicester won the league with less than 50% possession in most games.

More than one way of getting the job done.

The Mount shot aside, Chelsea didn’t really offer a great deal either.

I do fancy Chelsea to beat us on Tuesday though.

Dominos

No you're blinded by stats which mean feck all without context

You're literally the only person in this thread who think the best team lost
Is your position that the team who scores the most has been better, full stop? Regardless of what happened in the game? If so, I can see that argument.

What I can't see an argument for is that on the balance of play, the team who created the least chances and had the least possession was better. The only observable metric Leicester were better was scoring 30 yard screamers, which I suppose makes them worthy but it's not really in the spirit of what is being debated.

Now, it was tight game without much goal mouth action and I wanted Leicester to win. I don't think Chelsea were good enough to complain about being massively unlucky either.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I really thought they were going to blow it when they bought on a Wes Morgan who looks like he's dieting on pizzas.

Then he scored that own goal but luckily for him, VAR stepped in.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The big question is who do they replace in the Big 6...or do we now have a Magnificent 7?

slored1

Fred over Tielemans has got to be one of the most deluded opinions I've heard. Tielemans is better on and off the ball, there's no pretending otherwise.

Shiva87

Tielemans is okay and I dont like Ndidi at all.
I take Fred’s workrate any day before the two. But yeah, I wouldn’t mind Tielemans in our squad. Think him and Fred would make a good partnership.

Congrats to Leicester btw, well deserved. Hope Chelski lose the other final now too haha.
Can't root for City on that one and claim their treble. Rather have Chelsea win that!

Will be good to have Chelsea finish 5th so their entire season comes down to that one game

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Would be fully convinced he's a rugby player not knowing him.

On another note, great to see a proper FA Cup celebration. Wish its importance grow back somehow.
Although I don't mind husky guys, you don't see a lot of footballers looking like that now.

Yup, it's great to see.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is your position that the team who scores the most has been better, full stop? Regardless of what happened in the game? If so, I can see that argument.

What I can't see an argument for is that on the balance of play, the team who created the least chances and had the least possession was better. The only observable metric Leicester were better was scoring 30 yard screamers, which I suppose makes them worthy but it's not really in the spirit of what is being debated.

Now, it was tight game without much goal mouth action and I wanted Leicester to win. I don't think Chelsea were good enough to complain about being massively unlucky either.
Because where was that possession? What was done with that possession? What was the quality of the shots? And if the team that has the most possession and most shots is always the better team then someone like City must deserve to win every game they ever play no? I mean that's the argument that's being put forward is it not?

I don't care about the stats I watch a game and inform my opinion based on what I see. I wouldn't even know what the stats were if people weren't to mention them