FA Cup Final: Chelsea V Leicester City

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
That guy, Cole I think, when talking about Rodgers going to bigger clubs (Rio said if United, Liverpool and City come for him he will go, but not other clubs), said why would he go to Arsenal, why would he go to work with Levy, then blah, blah, more about it, and finishes talking about Rodgers would not go to Arsenal.

The Hilton

No you're blinded by stats which mean feck all without context

You're literally the only person in this thread who think the best team lost
How on earth could having more of the ball, more chances, better chances, and doing far more attacking be "out of context"? I'm not blinded by stats, I'm simply not trying to ignore them as they tell a different story to the one in my head.

If people in the thread changed their mind would you change yours? Plus I'm willing to bet your use of "literally" is wild hyperbole.

I can't post tweets (as on my phone), but Chelsea had over double the expected goals.

Maybe our disagreement around which team is better is based on what we value? Leicester showed a lot of grit and determination, but I always value creating and trying to win over not losing, at least when deciding which team is more deserving. Like I said though, I was rooting for Leicester so I'm glad they got over the line.

Either way we're not going to agree, and so rather than go around in circles I'm happy to agree to disagree. Have a great Saturday evening.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Can't root for City on that one and claim their treble. Rather have Chelsea win that!

Will be good to have Chelsea finish 5th so their entire season comes down to that one game
City is still so far away from being a superpower for me. Even if they win the treble three years in a row they are the little brother imo. So I hope they win it rather than Chelsea.

alsabi

Hmmmm, would Liverpool be in CL if that happens? Can 5 clubs from same leauge be in CL?
Yes - it happened in 2017 when we won the EL but finished 6th. Only way 4th place loses out on CL nowadays if if *both* the CL & EL winners are English teams who finished outside the top 4

bosskeano

It was offside.

Brendan probably trusted his defence, midfield and goalie to effectively run a defence exercise for 15 minutes rather than leave spaces for Chelsea players to pass through.
I don't think it was a bad call at all to shut up shop. Chelsea struggle as much as United do against a parked bus - their strategy in the Arsenal game was to have fecking Rudiger shoot from 35 yards.

agreed on the offside....it was pretty evident once they showed the replay

seemed like having two up top was good as it was at least putting some pressure on the CB's when they tried to play long. Guess at the end, it turned out to be the right call as they lifted the FA Cup and Chelsea packed their shiit and second place

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Can't root for City on that one and claim their treble. Rather have Chelsea win that!

Will be good to have Chelsea finish 5th so their entire season comes down to that one game
Wes Morgan has had a back injury for 2 years limiting what he can do in training, its very likely he retires at the end of this season

The Hilton

I’m very much against it because you’re spinning them to turn the game into something it wasn’t.
Well I'm not spinning anything, I'm simply stating hard facts. Chelsea had way more possession, way more chances, way better chances, way more shots, and more shots on target.

Anyway, no point in going around in circles, we clearly value different things in a football match so I'm happy to agree to disagree.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Didn't know BT had lost the rights to show the FA Cup ties after this season

BT & ITV from next season

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Well I'm not spinning anything, I'm simply stating hard facts. Chelsea had way more possession, way more chances, way better chances, way more shots, and more shots on target.

Anyway, no point in going around in circles, we clearly value different things in a football match so I'm happy to agree to disagree.
you had more possession but did very little with it because you can't break teams down

The Hilton

you had more possession but did very little with it because you can't break teams down
I'm a United fan mate, so what's this "you".

Chelsea did more with the ball than Leicester, I'm not saying they were swashbuckling or anything but the few chances they created is more than the zero Leicester did.

FriendlyFox

Supports
Leicester City
They were compact. If we were poor, which we definitely were, then so were they. They created nothing. Defended well. Fought hard. It was a poor final but I have no idea how or why they were miles better.
This might sound like I'm being all "fake gracious", but we really weren't better. Chelsea had great chances to win the game.

Was a nervy game, neither team were particularly fluent. I think Chelsea created the better chances and defended just as well, you were just undone by a ridiculous moment of quality and an amazing save.

The margins in games like this are incredibly tight. If that Tielemans goal hadn't gone in, and Mount's had, then people'd be talking about how terrible Leicester were and how much Chelsea deserved it.

Leicester defended like heroes though.

Withnail

Tight game with very little in it.

One team couldn't score.

The other scored a screamer and their keeper was excellent making a coupe of great saves.

Therefore they deserved to win.

Anything else is just guff.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
They were compact. If we were poor, which we definitely were, then so were they. They created nothing. Defended well. Fought hard. It was a poor final but I have no idea how or why they were miles better.
Yeah I agree. It wasn't a game where you can say one team was easily better than other. It was a tight game, before they scored Leicester created few chances and got into good positions. Once they scored, they dropped deep and defended well for most part. It was a close game.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
:lol::lol::lol: come on now. If we finish 5th we finish 5th. Only in mind-numbingly dense football fan narrative is finishing 5th and being beaten in two finals worse than simply finishing 5th :houllier::lol:
Yeah. Losing two finals (one of which was expected to be won) and being kicked out of top 4 at the last minute is the same as simply finishing 5th.

Are you a robot?

mu4c_20le

Yeah. Losing two finals (one of which was expected to be won) and being kicked out of top 4 at the last minute is the same as simply finishing 5th.

Are you a robot?
That would be devastating for Leicester, never mind Chelsea who were huge favourites.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
I knew they were beatable, was a nervous wreck but Tuchel team's aren't invincible.

Finally managed to start breathing calmly again, what a result and a great moment.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This might sound like I'm being all "fake gracious", but we really weren't better. Chelsea had great chances to win the game.

Was a nervy game, neither team were particularly fluent. I think Chelsea created the better chances and defended just as well, you were just undone by a ridiculous moment of quality and an amazing save.

The margins in games like this are incredibly tight. If that Tielemans goal hadn't gone in, and Mount's had, then people'd be talking about how terrible Leicester were and how much Chelsea deserved it.

Leicester defended like heroes though.
Yeah that's how saw it too. Leicester had a moment of genuine quality offensively and another moment of sheer quality defensively. You potected the lead excellently. It was a hard fought win. We huffed and puffed but ultimately it wasn't to be for us. Congratulations anyway. Huge achievement for your club.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah I agree. It wasn't a game where you can say one team was easily better than other. It was a tight game, before they scored Leicester created few chances and got into good positions. Once they scored, they dropped deep and defended well for most part. It was a close game.
Yeah that's a good summary. I don't begrudge Leicester the win. I'm completely deflated and I'm.now very nervous for the upcoming games, but I'm not as bitter as I would have been had we lost the final to Liverpool or Spurs.

MDFC Manager

Yeah that's a good summary. I don't begrudge Leicester the win. I'm completely deflated and I'm.now very nervous for the upcoming games, but I'm not as bitter as I would have been had we lost the final to Liverpool or Spurs.
Just fecking win the CL please, thanks!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Just fecking win the CL please, thanks!
We'll do our best to save football again, but I'm not thinking that far ahead yet. Need to exact revenge and knock Leicester out of the top 4.

I knew they were beatable, was a nervous wreck but Tuchel team's aren't invincible.

Finally managed to start breathing calmly again, what a result and a great moment.
go on, tell us all how you felt when Chelsea ‘scored’ in the 89th min?

utter despair to elation in 60 seconds.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We'll do our best to save football again, but I'm not thinking that far ahead yet. Need to exact revenge and knock Leicester out of the top 4.
Don't over-exert yourselves. Keeping the scouse out will do just fine.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

as soon as I saw the first replay I knew Chilwell was offside so I was pretty relaxed about that particular thing but heart was pounding from the moment Tielemans scored

Manncunian

I don’t get people wanting frigging Chelsea to win the UCL, putting them only one behind us.

It’s the same Chelsea who everyone in here has consistently lambasted for changing manager every 6 month and who have bought the game no differently to City.

It’s bizarre to say the least.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I will say that yet again this backs up what I’ve been saying for ages about Chelsea. They just don’t have the individual quality needed to really turn a game. Tuchel may well have got them well drilled but you’ll struggle to win anything with Werner in your team. Utd don’t always play pretty football, but we do have genuine match winners which Chelsea just don’t have.

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC

Horrible, thought we were done as we had just made a bunch of defensive subs and were in no shape to score again, then pure relief at the VAR. I felt we had won it then as teams usually lose their heads for a bit after losing a VAR decision.

Mcking

:lol::lol::lol: come on now. If we finish 5th we finish 5th. Only in mind-numbingly dense football fan narrative is finishing 5th and being beaten in two finals worse than simply finishing 5th :houllier::lol:
Yesterday it was a UEFA Champions League final, FA Cup final, top four and a 3rd place finish, Champions League football next season, and potentially the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, and Club World Cup to look forward to next season.

Imagine having all that and two weeks later it is suddenly just 5th and Europa League football. Nah, I'd rather finish mid-table.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yesterday it was a UEFA Champions League final, FA Cup final, top four and a 3rd place finish, Champions League football next season, and potentially the Community Shield, UEFA Super Cup, and Club World Cup to look forward to next season.

Imagine having all that and two weeks later it is suddenly just 5th and Europa League football. Nah, I'd rather finish mid-table.
If you told me in February that we'd claw our way back to 3rd, reach the CL final and the FA cup final but that we'd lose both finals and end up finishing 5th, yeah I'd probably rather just accept a 9th place finish than go through so much crushing disappointments in the space of 2 weeks.