FA Cup Final: United v City

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I would go for this too. Only way to accommodate Eriksen in midfield. Not sure whether to save Garnacho for tiring legs in second half
I agree. We need to pack the midfield.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So nervous for this game. Really hope we bring it home to top of a great season.

sugar_kane

Does anyone genuinely believe we have a good chance of winning?

I must admit I feel a bit more confident than a few weeks ago. Securing third place and putting together a decent run of form recently has helped. City losing vs. Brentford should be meaningless but it will have a marginal impact on our confidence also which is helpful.

Martinez and Antony will be big losses, I just hope the experience and mentally stronger players we do have available (Case, Varane) can help sustain the confidence and focus levels of the wider team. If we do get battered it will be down to mentality rather than ability.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
We need to cut out being so open in midfield, otherwise we're done. Going to be an interesting game!

Ahmer Baig

All the matches that I have watched, Man Utd have either lost or drawn so I will not be watching final for greater good.

pacifictheme

I must admit I feel a bit more confident than a few weeks ago. Securing third place and putting together a decent run of form recently has helped. City losing vs. Brentford should be meaningless but it will have a marginal impact on our confidence also which is helpful.

Martinez and Antony will be big losses, I just hope the experience and mentally stronger players we do have available (Case, Varane) can help sustain the confidence and focus levels of the wider team. If we do get battered it will be down to mentality rather than ability.
Honestly no. We play very open and unlike Chelsea who couldn't finish at all, city will have a field day.

Of course I think we have a chance, but I do think it would be an upset and city are very heavy favourites. My only hope is they have one eye on the champions league final and have an off day.

bringbackbebe

No. Odds are stacked against us (they are 4 times more likely to beat us if you go by the market). Difference in quality is undeniable and all signs point to City drubbing us in their usual style. It'll take an inspired performance from our players to compete or least keep the scoreline low.

Chicharo

I do, and I certainly don't believe in any kind of "thrashing" "destroying" or similar outcome that many people are afraid of.
It's important that we don't waste our chances.
Missing Licha is a huge blow, but Varane and Lindelof have formed a pretty good partnership. And I hope DDG will rise to the occasion

Rusholme Ruffian

If we can weather the first half hour without conceding then we have a good chance. Thing is any side in the world usually needs a good dollop of luck to ride out the first half hour with City - we could easily find ourselves 2 down in the first 10 minutes. Odds are against us, but I have a good feeling about this.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
For some reason, I'm not stressed about this. Weird.

Yakuza_devils

PL 1st vs 3rd team. It's not City vs Southampton. We have a decent chance. It's a one off final at neutral ground. The chances will be 70:30.

30% chance is quite decent. Our players will be up for it and go to war at Wembley.

Steve Bruce

As long as we keep our shape, be patient and pick our opportunities and not force it.

This is a counter attacking match, anything else we'll get gubbed. We can't be too adventurous especially in the first half. Imo it's about being in the game with 20 minutes to go and then try and nick it.

I'm not arsed how we get the result. I don't care if we throttle the game into the worst final ever and we win with a freak city OG.

The white suit final Vs Liverpool wasn't a good game but who looking back cares? We remember the white suits, cantona goal and lifting the cup doing the double for the 2nd time in 3 seasons making history.

I'm going in to the game hoping we can win, not really expecting it but wouldn't be surprised if we win by a tight margin

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
PL 1st vs 3rd team. It's not City vs Southampton. We have a decent chance. It's a one off final at neutral ground. The chances will be 70:30.

30% chance is quite decent. Our players will be up for it and go to war at Wembley.
So’ton knocked City out of the Carabao Cup, 2-0.

Rusholme Ruffian

This is a counter attacking match, anything else we'll get gubbed. We can't be too adventurous especially in the first half. Imo it's about being in the game with 20 minutes to go and then try and nick it.

I'm not arsed how we get the result. I don't care if we throttle the game into the worst final ever and we win with a freak city OG.
This! In fact, City are the masters at low-key shit-housing so bring it on. I mean, I obviously don't wish injury on any player, but if the likes of Haaland or De Bruyne was to have to miss the CL final due to a knock then that would just be an added bonus.

Alemar

City is a favourite, that is quite clear, heh.
Yet, we are a very solid side now with an excellent manager. Surely we have at least 25-30% chance to win it (especially considering that Ederson is worse than de Gea at penalties - we have a decent chance if it comes to a penalty shoot out).

Theonas

Scout
I am more confident than I was a week ago simply because I just don't think it's easy to regain that momentum once you stop for a couple of weeks at this stage of the season. I remember our treble and the games came thick and fast, we just had no time to think and were on a roll. City looked to be just smashing teams left and right and now suddenly they have 2 weeks almost off. They're still favorites but we have a chance here!

Eli Zee

we are not favorites... but we have a chance. As long as we don't let in early goals and start playing catch up, leading to more openings / goals for city, we have a chance.

This is just a scenario I made up and doesn't really apply to real football... but if we started down 1 goal, we'd have probably a 5% chance of winning. If city started down 1 goal, they'd still have like a 55-65% chance of winning.

Red Star One

I am more confident than I was a week ago simply because I just don't think it's easy to regain that momentum once you stop for a couple of weeks at this stage of the season. I remember our treble and the games came thick and fast, we just had no time to think and were on a roll. City looked to be just smashing teams left and right and now suddenly they have 2 weeks almost off. They're still favorites but we have a chance here!
That's how I see it, too. It will be a long long break for some of the City players since they last played a competitive match and I deeply hope it might mean some of their guys will be out of the match rhythm.

Siorac

For some reason, I'm not stressed about this. Weird.
I'm not stressed either, nor am I excited. I just want to get this over with, hopefully get away with a respectable defeat and not a gigantic humiliation.

Lord Zlatan

Confident we will do it. All the media coverage is about the treble which is disrespectful to United. There was a real mood of defiance at old Trafford on Sunday and the players will feed off that . UTFR

Yakuza_devils

RM and BM both went toe to toe with City and got pumped.

We all know that ETH is a pragmatic coach and can play high quality defensive counter attacking football.

We got a decent chance. Most importantly we must play without fear and go all out fighting against them.

There are countless upset in the history of FA Cup and hopefully this will be another classic upset

Teja

We need to roll Fred and Eriksen into a single player for it to work. Either Eriksen puts in a monster effort or Fred somehow magically improves at passing and finds us good transition opportunities.

Hell, it's one game, so both are possible.

Gazautd18

I think our odds are a bit higher but that may be me being optimistic.
We've dropped 4 more points than them at home all season.
Reckon we have a good chance here.

Yakuza_devils

I'm not stressed either, nor am I excited. I just want to get this over with, hopefully get away with a respectable defeat and not a gigantic humiliation.
It will be a tight game and close victory to either side. ETH will have a game plan. He has done that against many big teams in CL when he was at Ajax.

Defend deeper and close down the spaces to prevent City making rapid run at the defence when attacking. It's their most potent attack strategy. They will make mistakes and we will counter attack them. Fingers crossed.

cpresc

PL 1st vs 3rd team. It's not City vs Southampton.
Nor was Arsenal or Real Madrid.

I fear we're going to get battered and I will be absolutely delighted if we win it - it will be one of our greatest, most impactful wins (preventing the treble)

cpresc

I'd play Bisaka on Grealish, Fred man job on De Bruyne and swap with McT after his first booking.

Bruno is going to need the game of his life with amazing pressing and killer balls all game - the energy they have in the middle with Gundogan and matey out on the right is savage.

ColvaleGoa

Amount of clearcut chances we gave Bournemouth, Chelsea and Fulham fill me with dread.

Going with the thought that it's a cup final , anything can happen.

Edwards6

After the City vs Real Madrid games I thought we had no chance but now after City's last 2 games I've got a bit of hope we can actually win it. Its not always easy to just turn it on after a few weeks of easing off and not playing well

Bobade

We need to roll Fred and Eriksen into a single player for it to work. Either Eriksen puts in a monster effort or Fred somehow magically improves at passing and finds us good transition opportunities.

Hell, it's one game, so both are possible.
Based on past experience, the latter has more chance of happening in my opinion. Fred does have good games in that regard sometimes, and we will need his energy, but the last thing we need is him freely giving the ball away in the middle of the park. At least he has the stamina to (mostly) get it back though.