FA Cup Final: United v City

Red_Aaron

Weghorst is rubbish but I'm loathe to move our biggest goal threat from his preferred position when his pace is probably the one thing that can get at this city side, they'd much rather face rashford through the middle than facing him from the left. Weghorst should at least press like a maniac and occupy their CBs it also still allows us to have a fully fresh Garnacho and potentially Antony to attack them late on - Weg off the bench is nothing to be scared about

Rashford Weghorst Sancho to start
Garnacho Rashford Antony to finish

We're going to need something of a miracle either way

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Weghorst is rubbish but I'm loathe to move our biggest goal threat from his preferred position when his pace is probably the one thing that can get at this city side, they'd much rather face rashford through the middle than facing him from the left. Weghorst should at least press like a maniac and occupy their CBs it also still allows us to have a fully fresh Garnacho and potentially Antony to attack them late on - Weg off the bench is nothing to be scared about

Rashford Weghorst Sancho to start
Garnacho Rashford Antony to finish

We're going to need something of a miracle either way
Antony injured as far as I’m aware?

Sancho Rashford Garnacho
Pellistri Rashford Sancho

ManRed

Sancho Rashford Garnacho
Neither. In the last city game we played Bruno on the RW and Eriksen as AM. Can see that happen again with Sancho on the LW and Rashford ST

Rashford
Sancho - Eriksen - Bruno
Fred-Casemiro

Bertie Wooster

Neither. In the last city game we played Bruno on the RW and Eriksen as AM. Can see that happen again with Sancho on the LW and Rashford ST

Rashford
Sancho - Eriksen - Bruno
Fred-Casemiro
Yeah, that's the midfield and attack that I went with as well. Though wouldn't be hugely surprised to see Weghorst in the #10 position for his (slow) pressing - but hope not as it would be an incredibly defensive team and also takes most of the front four from their regular positions. So does the one we've predicted, I suppose, but at least it has Eriksen as a creator in the #10 role.

Red_Aaron

Sancho Rashford Garnacho
ETH said Antony is likely to be fit

"We've all seen how he came off and it didn't look great but the first assessment is not too bad, there is a good opportunity he is available for the cup final next week,''

Hughie77

Has to go with Rashford as Striker, Sancho right and Garnacho left. It's not ideal but I bet he's been working on that in training what other option is there WW no chance please not as a starter anyway, Maybe later on for Garnacho or Sancho move Rashford back left.

This has to be the blood and guts game just give it our all.

Irwin99

How's everyone feeling? I've been strangely relaxed about it but i do feel a little bit of pessimism creeping in. Gonna take one gigantic effort from the players and the fans to get us over the line. I'm confident if the defence is strong and the midfield works hard we can just about cope but I just wish we had better options for direct width and power on the counter/transition. I can't see Garnacho starting as it's too much of an ask.

I feel Varane and Casemiro will be huge for us, players that have been there and done it all before.

Fts 74

I have a feeling we'll win this, if not I certainly don't think we'll get a hiding although I can understand why people think that might happen after the Etihad and Anfield results but the truth is that just doesn't happen too often.

2-1 us ill go for.

Von Mistelroum

I would love to be excited about this, but I think City are likely to set a new record here. Many of our lads don't have the bottle for this and I can see us conceding early and then letting the floodgates open.

BoulderDevil

Awb varane shaw dalot
Case
Bruno. Fred
Sancho Garnacho
Rashford

Just don’t see Lindelof being physical enough to deal with Haaland. Would rather have shaw there to deal with him.

other option for the lineup would be to start Sancho on left and Bruno on right with garnacho as impact sub and have eriksen take a spot in the middle. Anyones guess how we line up

Tiber

Zero hope for tomorrow, would guess 3-1 to City. Who knows, maybe it will be a pleasent surprise but I'm not putting money on it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don’t have much hope. Just hope we make a game of it.
I can’t see how we win.

Superunknown

My brothers are coming to see me for the day tomorrow to watch the game. We're about 3 hours away from each other, so it's nice that we're all going to be in the same place to watch the final. I'm taking that as a good omen as we tend to get good results when we watch the matches together, on the rare occasion that we're able to watch games together due to work, life getting in the way, etc.

Whatever the result, I just want the players to work their arses off and not to let the game pass them by. I want that discipline with our shape, but fire when we're trying to contest those 50/50s and when we're going on the attack. The media and pundits and all want City to do the treble and they want City to win this game, but feck 'em. I hope we can shut them all up tomorrow.

Fr. Todd Unctious

City's last 4 FA Cup finals LWLW hopefully the sequence continues.

Also we have history of ruining team's trebles in FA Cup finals. Scousers in 77 and Everton (albeit they were going for A Treble as opposed to The Treble)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I don’t have much hope. Just hope we make a game of it.
I can’t see how we win.
1-0 via an early goal whilst City haven't settled in yet... Then we shit-house our way to protecting that lead with dear life.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I have hope that we won't get battered 5/6 nil :lol: . I Have £1000 winnings if United somehow do it too so it would be pretty great, but it will require beating the best club side in the world football, which is some ask.

The Purley King

I have hope that we won't get battered 5/6 nil :lol: . I Have £1000 winnings if United somehow do it too so it would be pretty great, but it will require beating the best club side in the world football, which is some ask.
I hope you can cash that out…….

EliasRavelino

Supports
Sevilla
Out of curiosity what would Man Utd. fans prefer:

a) a wonderful entertaining match played in a good spirit with perhaps a narrow 3:2 defeat to the blue half of Manchester....

or

b) backs to the wall from United, lots of rolling around, arguing with the ref. time-wasting etc. etc. and a MUFC victory on penalties, but the whole of the footballing world calling you out for bad sportsmanship after the event.

???

(I dare not ask for a poll!)

SirMattlives

Am optimistic, think City will be put off by the weight of history and the looming Champs League final.

nickm

I hope we go for it, we might as well. Even if we lose, we've had a very productive season, so we might as well play freely (but intelligently). We're good enough to get a result, and nobody in the City side is going to want to risk getting an injury that puts them out of the CL final. So here's hoping.

Tiber

a) a wonderful entertaining match played in a good spirit with perhaps a narrow 3:2 defeat to the blue half of Manchester....

or

b) backs to the wall from United, lots of rolling around, arguing with the ref. time-wasting etc. etc. and a MUFC victory on penalties, but the whole of the footballing world calling you out for bad sportsmanship after the event.

???

An ugly win is always better than a heroic loss, especially to a bitter rival

Someone

Something

or

???

feck entertainment and the whole footballing world. I'd take a win tomorrow in any shape or form.

bosskeano

or

???

do you mean another version of Roma/Sevilla antics in the europa final??? I mean you can play defensive minded without all the shithousery

Terry Chango

Some serious pessimism in this thread.
Yep and it’s embarrassing.

We’ve beaten them once this season already, we are fecking Manchester United and we are a fairly decent team ourselves.

Thank feck some of you aren’t at Wembley tomorrow with this defeatist attitude. The lads need the fans believing in them, do feck off with this negative energy please.

It’s a one off game, we aren’t as shit as some of you make out and they are beatable. I’m fully aware as to how good this city side is but some of you need to “ dare to believe “ a little now and then.

U N I T E D

The Purley King

We’ve beaten them once this season already, we are fecking Manchester United and we are a fairly decent team ourselves.

Thank feck some of you aren’t at Wembley tomorrow with this defeatist attitude. The lads need the fans believing in them, do feck off with this negative energy please.

It’s a one off game, we aren’t as shit as some of you make out and they are beatable. I’m fully aware as to how good this city side is but some of you need to “ dare to believe “ a little now and then.

U N I T E D
audere est facere…….
We aren’t spurs but fair play for the optimism!

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

or

???

Shit-housery all day mate. I love it :lol:

U N I T E D
Yeah I'm fairly confident United will edge this.

atkar83

Some serious pessimism in this thread.
What chance do you think United have to win it? I don't think its 50/50. City are the best team in the world right now, and their bench could probably challenge for a champions league spot. I'd put it at 30 United / 70 City right now

arthurka

I need United to win this, going to a party with a fun house of Liverpool fans. It will be absolutely brutal evening with them idiots.

Irwin99

I would love to be excited about this, but I think City are likely to set a new record here. Many of our lads don't have the bottle for this and I can see us conceding early and then letting the floodgates open.
I can understand some pessimism but we do have the likes of Varane and Casemiro who played and won numerous champions league finals and clashes with Barca. Also i'm sure our players are aware of the glory that will come not only in winning the final but stopping City winning the Treble.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

or

???

B please give me B.

Whatever we do the whole world will find an excuse to call us out.