FA Cup Final: United v City

RoyKeaneReborn

Nervous as feck. We have to stop their treble. Hope the players show up and not shat their pants. I think the first goal will be critical to settle the nerves and importantly not to concede early. The longer we stay in the game at 0-0, the higher I fancy our chances.
Haha, Fecking hell. Early goal really happened. Thank feck we are still in it.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
City fans threw a battery at Lindelof and hit him in the eye.

I assume that means the FA will punish City for that yeah?

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
Eriksen is so slow, sick of seeing him lose a race against City players jogging, it's costing us possession too many times. Lost a race to a 3 yard pass from Bruno ffs

Edit: City just scored. David De Gea really is mentally sat on a couch at home isn't he? Not even attempting to save anything, been absolutely dog doo today. Hope we sign someone to challenge in summer

Sgreddevil

Can we just sell De Gea? He has the knack of conceding soft goals at important games. There is no point in making world class saves once a while when keep conceding those goals.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

City fans are strange. Their hatred of United's success is so much they're willing to turn a blind eye to; and, actively support and encourage their club being turned into a sports washing project to improve the PR of murdering Yemeni children.

RedRocket9908

Eriksen is so slow, sick of seeing him lose a race against City players jogging, it's costing us possession too many times. Lost a race to a 3 yard pass from Bruno ffs

Edit: City just scored. David De Gea really is mentally sat on a couch at home isn't he? Not even attempting to save anything, been absolutely dog doo today. Hope we sign someone to challenge in summer
In fairness De Gea saw that late, it was Varane who was at fault there as he was right in front of the shot and made no attempt to block it what so ever.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
In fairness De Gea saw that late, it was Varane who was at fault there as he was right in front of the shot and made no attempt to block it what so ever.
Doesn't help that De Gea is playing like someone buried his legs in sand today.
Ball bounced twice before going in, could have had a shower and it would have still been on it's way towards goal

After the first goal and him not even moving when they nearly scored a header, sorry he's finished

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
De Gea just isn’t good enough to be a keeper for a top club anymore.

Sancho needs a loan move to regain confidence. He’s far too lethargic.

frostbite

Our superstars, Bruno and Rashford, had a bad day, both were below average. Impossible to beat City when those two are not performing.

But ETH was bad, too. Sancho and Erisken were really poor in the first half, he should have subbed one of them for Garnacho, or both of them for Garnacho and McTominay. He should have done this during halftime, he waited too long (again!). And Wout is useless, everyone knows this except ETH.

I also blame ETH for not preparing the team mentally. I did not see any fire in our players, this was like our average away game, not like a cup final. And after they scored so early in the first half, I expected ETH to make our team start the second half as men possessed ... but we were timid again, and they scored early again in the second half. It seems that ETH only has plan A, he does not seem capable of changing much during the game.

City was nothing special today. But ... if our star players underperform and our manager doesn't do anything special to help the team, we cannot beat an average City. The game was there for the taking, but none of our guys seemed ready for this. Let's hope that Inter will be more willing to go to battle.

McTerminator

City fans are strange. Their hatred of United's success is so much they're willing to turn a blind eye to; and, actively support and encourage their club being turned into a sports washing project to improve the PR of murdering Yemeni children.
You need to realise that it has nothing to do with hatred of United they just don’t care about the sports washing.

attrocities that you’ve only vaguely heard about and can pretend don’t exist versus success on the pitch you watch every week?

Do you think our fan base would be much better?

McTerminator

For a footballer, DDG seems to have a terrible pass on him
He is fecking terrible at everything and he’s on two to three times more than any other keeper in world football.

He’s the poster boy for what a circus we are even ahead of Maguire. It’s a fecking travesty he’s still at the club and if we renew his contract for anything over £80k per week all involved should be fecking sectioned.

croadyman

I want someone to replace not challenge

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
He is fecking terrible at everything and he’s on two to three times more than any other keeper in world football.

He’s the poster boy for what a circus we are even ahead of Maguire. It’s a fecking travesty he’s still at the club and if we renew his contract for anything over £80k per week all involved should be fecking sectioned.
What really bothers me is how DDG saw that shot for the second goal bounce twice so he had time to react early.

His lack of dominance in the box translates to a lack of presence, which VDS and Peter Schmeichel had in spades. He also struggles to pass the ball out with any purpose. City play with a back 3 at times with Ederson as a sweeper, but we can’t with DDG.

BorisManUtd

The defending for both goals was shocking.
True. At first goal I was immediately annoyed at how no one cleared the ball and it fell perfect to Gundogan to volley it. On second also no one got out to block him. Seems to me De Gea (had to do better no doubt) is scapegoat to extent and we aren't mentioning defence in those situations. Other than that we defended well and I can remember KDB's and Haaland's shot as other chances City had but not many other than that.

PoTMS

I find it hard to get annoyed about this considering they are a far superior team to us. Only one team tried to win the game yesterday and it wasn't us.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I find it hard to get annoyed about this considering they are a far superior team to us. Only one team tried to win yesterday.
Hate to say it but it reminded me of the 2011 Barcelona final in some ways. Some are claiming it was an even game, but I don’t think city ever had a need to get out of second gear.

We go a goal down, manage to claw our way back into it at 1-1 and we’re a bit fortunate to do so, but eventually they got their noses back in front and you felt there was no real way we were going to score again. You were just waiting for their third goal to kill the tie David Villa style.

They’ll do the treble now, I just hope that makes it all the sweeter when they have their medals taken off them once the truth comes out about their business practices.

PoTMS

Hate to say it but it reminded me of the 2011 Barcelona final in some ways. Some are claiming it was an even game, but I don’t think city ever had a need to get out of second gear.

We go a goal down, manage to claw our way back into it at 1-1 and we’re a bit fortunate to do so, but eventually they got their noses back in front and you felt there was no real way we were going to score again. You were just waiting for their third goal to kill the tie David Villa style.

They’ll do the treble now, I just hope that makes it all the sweeter when they have their medals taken off them once the truth comes out about their business practices.
Yep, that's exactly what I thought too.

Eastdog

Disappointing not to win the FA Cup. We had an opportunity to halt Man City treble ambitions but didn't do it. Our attack is very poor and needs to be a lot more potent. We have been very good in defence this season which has been huge in our step forward this year.

All in all Erik Ten Hag has done a great job in securing us top 4 Champions League football next season and winning us the Carabaro Cup.

Need to build on this season and hopefully spend on the right players in the transfer market.

Maticmaker

Got back home late yesterday and literally just arrived in front of the TV 1 minute before kick off. I was still gasping at the team selection with both Eriksen and Sancho starting, when the first one went in. Whatever ETH's plan was, it went up in smoke, right then.
Although both Eriksen and Sancho have something to offer going forward, neither can defend properly or even think defensively. Gundogan just strolled past Eriksen and arrived at the ball on his own, in time to make a perfect strike. Same with the second, he arrived on our right unmarked and although I thought DeGea should have been moving a split second earlier, the City captain got his brace.

Surely ETH didn't think we could out play City? Alright it was a one off he was taking a chance, but after the freedom Gundogan got for the first one he still didn't replace Eriksen even at half time. Fred and Casemiro had to defend in midfield on their own, throughout the match, as a result both got overworked and tired, with still twenty minutes to go, Fred almost getting a second yellow and Casemiro out on his feet.

We did play well enough in those 'Roy Keane moments' at times, five or ten minutes in the first half, a bit longer towards the end, but City's danger of missing the treble through this game, ended after ten seconds or was it twelve? Worse still we know we are going to see this goal over and over again, especially if they do pull off the treble. Just like Ole's late late winner against Bayern, this will be the 'early bird' version.

Its been a good season though, league cup, 3rd place in PL and appeared in two finals. However we still have a long way to travel yet and it won't be made any easier watching our 'noisey-neighbours' make even more noise.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Exactly!

City were strolling except for a few odd moments in the game. We were second in every department even though I thought City were not at their best or simply taking it easy for their next big game.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
I want someone to replace not challenge
I say "challenge" because if he leaves, we have no backups (I'm confident Dean hands a transfer request in).

If we get another GK, I'd be happy to have him on the bench or reserves until someone stumps up a reasonable fee for him.