FA Cup Final: United v City

OptimisedRed

We are going to tan them lads. We will be well up for beating the cheating league champions and will absolutely paste them 1-0.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
The state of this thread.

Man United fans giving up before a ball is even kicked...fans bowing their heads, assuming the inevitable...putting City on a pedestal of greatness we can't achieve...losing the mental battle with negative thoughts...it makes me sick!!

We FIGHT!!! WE'RE FECKING UNITED!!!! WE AINT DONE YET!!!!

Did Sheffield Wednesday give up last week being 4-0 down to Peterborough?? NO THEY DIDNT!!!

Did Nottingham Forest give up against Arsenal at the weekend fighting relegation?? NO THEY DIDNT!!!

We NEVER GIVE UP...we're William feckin Wallace...we're 16yr old lads storming the beaches of Normandy...we're Charlie Sheen on an all night bender!!!

We're UNITED!!!!!!!!! We get behind the lads and we.... FFFFFFIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll have what he's having

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Shouldn't Haaland be suspended for the final after uttering the F word on TV ?

The FA banned Rooney when he said it so why not now???

Ghostrider318

God what I would give for a dodgy 93rd min penalty to win the game and deny them the chance of a treble.

Siorac

The FA also banned Rooney when he got sent off in a bloody pre-season game. I don't think that has ever happened since.

JB7

In fairness you'd imagine because they realise it was an absolutely ridiculous thing to do. It hadn't happened before or since.

surf

Feel that it will be a low-scoring game won by the odd goal. City will dominate possession, our finishing will need to improve if we're to nick it. Needs a Jesse wondergoal.

Chief123

Looking forward to this but I have no doubt we’re getting smashed and dominated. Hopefully we can keep it respectable.

Dominos

Looking forward to this but I have no doubt we’re getting smashed and dominated. Hopefully we can keep it respectable.
This game doesn't really have a feeling of a narrow loss let's be honest.

To avoid getting battered we'll have to give a good account of ourselves and City have an off day. If those 2 things happen I don't see us losing, I think we'll win.

The most likely outcome is we can't get the ball and can't get anything going on the counter, and when we find ourselves under endless pressure the goals will flow for City and it becomes a bit of a rout.

Pscholes18

Everyone are going to have to pull a great game out of their ass otherwise, I see Citeh walking all over us. They score first, it's over. This club will be a deer in headlights which will lead to letting in more goals and a bunch of moaning and whining.

Irwin99

Everyone are going to have to pull a great game out of their ass otherwise, I see Citeh walking all over us. They score first, it's over. This club will be a deer in headlights which will lead to letting in more goals and a bunch of moaning and whining.
To be fair, they did score first when we beat them at OT this season but i get what you mean; i have a similar worry, especially after the Anfield debacle, that one or two goals could see the team mentally collapse again. Hopefully we put on a fantastic defensive display and nick it on the counter.

croadyman

To be fair, they did score first when we beat them at OT this season but i get what you mean; i have a similar worry, especially after the Anfield debacle, that one or two goals could see the team mentally collapse again. Hopefully we put on a fantastic defensive display and nick it on the counter.
Yeah we generally seem to fold like a deck of cards when conceding the first two goals

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
We either going to absolutely shock everyone and win it too easy or its gonna be 4-0 to city. There is no middle ground.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We either going to absolutely shock everyone and win it too easy or its gonna be 4-0 to city. There is no middle ground.
If we won it will be by like a goal or something. Tight game. Either that or they’re gonna smash us.

Sir Erik ten Hag

If we won it will be by like a goal or something. Tight game. Either that or they’re gonna smash us.
Wout Weghorst's ultimate redemption would be a winner in stoppage time for United against City. You heard it here first.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Show some fight and heart. And bring your finishing boots, we need to be clinical to win.

Westerkerk

We've got to take our chances, but to do that we've got to create them. Anything less than 100% from our lads will create too much imbalance and City will walk away with the trophy. They are a much, much better side than us, with better players in key positions, with a better manager. Those are facts. We are the underdogs, but in a final at Wembley anything can happen.

Member 125288

Massive pitch at Wembley suits them down to the ground. They can spread the field and pass us to death.
Wembley is 115 x 74 yards, Old Trafford is 116 x 76 - not sure where the idea Wembley is a "massive" pitch came from.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Man United fans giving up before a ball is even kicked...fans bowing their heads, assuming the inevitable...putting City on a pedestal of greatness we can't achieve...losing the mental battle with negative thoughts...it makes me sick!!

Did Sheffield Wednesday give up last week being 4-0 down to Peterborough?? NO THEY DIDNT!!!

Did Nottingham Forest give up against Arsenal at the weekend fighting relegation?? NO THEY DIDNT!!!

We NEVER GIVE UP...we're William feckin Wallace...we're 16yr old lads storming the beaches of Normandy...we're Charlie Sheen on an all night bender!!!

We're UNITED!!!!!!!!! We get behind the lads and we.... FFFFFFIIIIIIIIGGGGGGHHHHHHTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damned straight

Strats

Would be nice if Antony could realize that he could use his right foot if he gets an opportunity on the counter.

We will be absolutely thunderfecked by them.

scottser

right you lot, stop fecking whingeing. there's another 2 weeks to go before the final and i just can't take any more of your negative bullshit. all you nervous nellies should go and follow some other club where they just crywank all day long.
what we need are fighters, grafters, problem solvers and leaders, not babies.

Siorac

right you lot, stop fecking whingeing. there's another 2 weeks to go before the final and i just can't take any more of your negative bullshit. all you nervous nellies should go and follow some other club where they just crywank all day long.
what we need are fighters, grafters, problem solvers and leaders, not babies.
I'd humbly put forward that it doesn't particularly matter how many fighters, grafters, problem solvers, and leaders you assemble on an internet forum.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It's the way propaganda works. Repeat a "fact" many times and people will take it as fact.
Propaganda seems a bit strong

I am quite surprised though, seems much bigger when watching the games

Hughes35

I feel pretty much the same.... Apart from I don't think we win easy.

I think we either nick it by a goal or two on the counter with a smash and grab, or we get absolutely battered 4 or 5-0.

padzilla

Hipster
So we're resolved to playing a negative 8 at the back football and hope Rashy or Bruno pinch a couple on the break, while keeping it tight at the back?

Good times...

The worst outcome would be not giving this a go and sitting back for most of the match and still losing. I would rather lose 5-3 than death by a thousand cuts and it ending 1-0 or 2-0 to them, with us being kept at bay with ease.

RedAlert27

I’m not going to take some moral high ground about SAF building a team around academy products and shrewd signings with no sugar daddy.

but United’s treble is the greatest achievement in English football history and I would hate to see it matched by an oil funded mercenary dream team.

We really do have to win this one.

But please, anything but penalties, I couldn’t cope with that.
Absolutely. I get a sick feeling in my stomach any time I hear about City completing the proper treble. Praying we are at our very best on the day.

Red00012

You deserve a few likes for this mods sort it out :D

cheekybackheel

You deserve a few likes for this mods sort it out :D
Appreciated!

It's genuinely how I feel. It's a mental battle with City and people are giving up mentally before the whistle has even blown.

I was diagnosed with cancer at the start of last year, completely out the blue. If I'd taken the attitude of half the people on here, I'd have been dead by last summer.

But you have to fight, life is shit sometimes, but if you don't fight back you may as well roll over and let it tickle your tummy and piss on your chips.

I fought back and I won. I'm cancer free now. But I'd didn't go through all that just to watch us pussy out of taking City on in the cup final.

It ain't over till its over. We might get beat, but we should go down fighting so we can at least say we made it hard for them. Who knows, we might make it so hard for them that their fecked by the time they take Inter on.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Am I crazy for thinking we should start Wout in this one?

Hear me out - the best way to get at City I think is leaving Rashford high on the left hand side to try exploit the gap left by their RB, so basically absolve him of any defensive duties. Thus it might be better to put Wout in there to cover the ground that Rashford isn't - and dropping into midfield whilst one of the midfield covers the space on the left/help out Shaw....

Or you know, don't do that and do something way better.