FA Cup Final: United v City

Alemar

Ederson is usually poor at saving penalties, so in this particular case a penalty shoot out is not something undesirable for us.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Has to be 3 in midfield surely.

I dont think we'll be blown away, but I can see city winning relatively comfortably 2-0.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
McTominay? No way. Fred, Casemiro and Bruno should be enough for the midfield. Adding useless bodies don't strengthen the midfield, just weakens us more in the attack.

Upfront should be Antony, Rashford and Martial. Antony will be better than Sancho in this due to his work rate.

We should be cautious but at the same shouldn't be cowards. Our chances are low either way so let's give it out best.

Shaw Lindelof Varane AWB
Fred Casemiro
Bruno
Rashford Antony
Martial

That should be our best lineup for such game. Many hardworkers but at the same not toothless up front.
I'd be surprised if Antony is available after last night's injury/reaction of ETH post match - but stranger things have happened.

If he's out it does cause a bit of an issue because I don't know if we can have both Martial and Sancho in the starting XI for this. Sancho has improved loads but defensively we lose a lot from the front with those two in. Martial has been rubbish last few weeks.

If no Antony, I think we may push Bruno out wide and try and flood the midfield.

sokol11

What dreams are made of:
- United turning over City in FA Cup final. That would be a double cup for United in 2023 a great return based on our stretched squad.
- Inter turning City over in UCL final. The meltdown would be of epic proportions.
- We could then consider this season for United a bigger success than City as United would be winning two cups.
- We could then consider this season as a failure for City as with all resources they have they would only have won the league.
- Arab oil owners would be still searching for their first UCL trophy.
- Pep considered as a fraud and permanent failure in UCL.
- All this to be achieved with fluke goals and parking the bus ala vintage Chelsea ceasing 90% of possession.

All this could be achieved in mere 2 games. Football gods make it happen. :drool:

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Id probably stick Bruno on the right now.

Bring in Fred and cross your fingers

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Id probably stick Bruno on the right now.

Bring in Fred and cross your fingers
I think this is probably what will happen. Bruno wide right with ability to tuck in when needed.

We will need everyone to play at their best and get a bit of luck though as City are just that good.

Heart says 2-1 to Utd. Casemiro and Rashford with the goals. We got to believe. It's in our clubs DNA.

scottser

Ederson is usually poor at saving penalties, so in this particular case a penalty shoot out is not something undesirable for us.
de gea is probably one of the worst keepers to have in goal for a penalty shootout.

DickDastardly

A 4-4-2 with Rashford and Bruno up top.

Marcus aiming for the wide long balls and Bruno coming back in the middle for a short one two.

The 4 in the middle Casemiro, Fred man marking KDB, Eriksen and Sancho slightly to the right to combine with Bruno.
The back 4 picks itself.

Rashford
Bruno

Eriksen Fred Casemiro Sancho
Shaw Lindelof Varane AWB
DDG

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
What dreams are made of:
- United turning over City in FA Cup final. That would be a double cup for United in 2023 a great return based on our stretched squad.
- Inter turning City over in UCL final. The meltdown would be of epic proportions.
- We could then consider this season for United a bigger success than City as United would be winning two cups.
- We could then consider this season as a failure for City as with all resources they have they would only have won the league.
- All this to be achieved with fluke goals and parking the bus ala vintage Chelsea ceasing 90% of possession.

All this could be achieved in mere 2 games. Football gods make it happen. :drool:
I will pray to all the gods for this

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Gonna be excited all next week leading up to this and then probably disappointed Saturday night.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
McTominay? No way. Fred, Casemiro and Bruno should be enough for the midfield. Adding useless bodies don't strengthen the midfield, just weakens us more in the attack.

Upfront should be Antony, Rashford and Martial. Antony will be better than Sancho in this due to his work rate.

We should be cautious but at the same shouldn't be cowards. Our chances are low either way so let's give it out best.

Shaw Lindelof Varane AWB
Fred Casemiro
Bruno
Rashford Antony
Martial

That should be our best lineup for such game. Many hardworkers but at the same not toothless up front.
I doubt Antony’s playing this one. Is injury last night looked bad.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I doubt Antony’s playing this one. Is injury last night looked bad.
BBC says they reckon it's a recurrence of the injury he got at Ajax that cost him the last 2 months

scottser

Ederson is perhaps even worse. 13% penalty save ratio in his career, de Gea is better than this :)
according to transfer market, dave has saved 13 out of 73, so 17%. better yes, but not by much.

17 Van der Gouw

biffa bin
What dreams are made of:

Excellent but you forgot the part where City get relegated for the financial misconduct.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Shit.

I will still start Sancho instead of playing cowardly with Scott and Fred alongside Casemiro.
The name of the game is to win and use the best tools you have to achieve that, there's nothing cowardly in that at all

I don't see Sancho starting, at least one of McFred will start and maybe both, and if just one I suspect Weghorst will be in there

Andrew Richmond

I stayed up late over here in Oz to watch the Chelsea game, 3am kick here in Perth . Great result, not sure about the performance .

What I will say is, if we gift 60-70% of the ball to Man City then there will only be one outcome and it could be rather embarrassing.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I stayed up late over here in Oz to watch the Chelsea game, 3am kick here in Perth . Great result, not sure about the performance .

What I will say is, if we gift 60-70% of the ball to Man City then there will only be one outcome and it could be rather embarrassing.
City will have that kind of possession whether we gift it to them or not, they are set up to play that way and are very good at it, United don't have the players to stop them, what we can do is prevent them getting in to the danger areas

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
With Antony's injury I think we'll play Bruno wide right and it's a toss up between Sancho or Garnacho on the left. That way we can accommodate Eriksen in midfield with Fred and Casemiro, unless ETH goes full Ole and plays McTominay and Fred with Casemiro (I wouldn't be averse to it).

--------------------de Gea
AWB----Varane-------Lindelof---Shaw
-----------Casemiro----Fred
Bruno------------Eriksen-------Garnacho
-------------------Rashford

miked99

What dreams are made of:

That would be glorious, but above anything else we just need to win the FA Cup Final.

Then if they lose the CL final, the hilarious outcome you outlined above is achieved. Even if they then win the CL final, we denied them the Treble and that will annoy them forever :lol:

el3mel

The name of the game is to win and use the best tools you have to achieve that, there's nothing cowardly in that at all

I don't see Sancho starting, at least one of McFred will start and maybe both, and if just one I suspect Weghorst will be in there
Scott McTominay isn't our best tool to compete against that Man City midfield, that's for sure. Fred, Casemiro and Bruno should be enough.

We have a small chance either way so instead of playing it cowardly, let's give it our best shot.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
With Antony's injury I think we'll play Bruno wide right and it's a toss up between Sancho or Garnacho on the left. That way we can accommodate Eriksen in midfield with Fred and Casemiro, unless ETH goes full Ole and plays McTominay and Fred with Casemiro (I wouldn't be averse to it).

--------------------de Gea
AWB----Varane-------Lindelof---Shaw
-----------Casemiro----Fred
Bruno------------Eriksen-------Garnacho
-------------------Rashford
That team would get thumped

Cantonagotmehere

I don't think we can play Eriksen, unless Bruno is front 3. Fred or McTominay have to be in the with Casemiro. Hope Varane get his legs going again for this one

Sucks to lose Antony for this game, IMHO. Need his work rate and I personally feel he plays well in bigger games.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Need to be aggressive and make them think twice about going into challenges. None of them will want to miss the CL final. So need to be aggressive and play all the pace we have (so Rashford and Garnacho)

If we start with Eriksen deep, we will get smashed. Get Fred in and try and outrun their midfield. de Bruyne still doesn’t look fully fit. They are a cheating super team but they can be got at.

Have to go for it and risk yellows to be first to every ball.