FA Cup fourth round - Liverpool : 5th round - MUFC v West Ham

croadyman

They certainly won't want to get knocked out of the FA Cup by United and Klopps record in the FA Cup will have them worried.

From a United point of view, It's annoyance to draw them so soon in the competition, an easier tie on paper would have allowed a number of starters to be rested in this busy schedule. That's not going to happen now.

First time to happen. Its to allow clubs arrange their fixtures. A lot of congestion going on at the moment.
Yeah the only reason I wanted a more favourable draw is so we could rest some players in this hectic schedule and have a look at Diallo & Pallestri, if we weren't well up there in the table then I wouldn't be so bothered about playing them as would be a cracking tie against our rivals.

Last edited:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
as soon as Crouch drew our name, I said: "it'll be liverpool"! Oh well, there goes another double :devil:

Widow

I can see Liverpool coming at us hard Sunday. I don't see them rotating as another defeat, and to us at that, would bring massive negative attention to them

cyril C

Always rather play the big teams. If we win we knock out one of the favourites, and if we lose we’ve got less fixtures to fulfil if we do challenge for the title.
Me too. Liverpool has similar if not more worry. Play the same 11 and what if injury (AGAIN). Rotate a few and you get the shitty fans screaming. We have a decent squad, rest Bruno, Cavani, play VDB, Telles, Henderson, Tuanzebe, McTom. I only worry about the condition of Shaw and Lindelof if they should be rest as much as possible.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I keep being reminded of our 4th round FA Cup tie against them in 99.
That was the start of something massive.
A fond memory.

Andrew Richmond

I know Liverpool are arguably our biggest rival but it couldn’t hurt and just set up to go out and play attacking football for once. Who knows it may even pay dividends.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I can see Liverpool coming at us hard Sunday. I don't see them rotating as another defeat, and to us at that, would bring massive negative attention to them
They can come as hard as they like and I hope they do. They leave plenty of holes behind when they do.
As always the first goal will be huge.