FA Cup fourth round - Liverpool : 5th round - MUFC v West Ham

croadyman

I prefer the big cup ties like this, give me this tie over Cheltenham any day
Would usually agree with you but saw this as a possible chance for us to rest some players if you could have got a favourable draw, was looking back at the FA Cup two years ago and saw that we played Arsenal, Chelsea & Wolves away in consecutive rounds.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
2 easy wins then. Wonderful!:keano:

Fts 74

Would usually agree with you but saw this as a possible chance for us to rest some players if you could have got a favourable draw, was looking back at the FA Cup two years ago and saw that we played Arsenal, Chelsea & Wolves away in consecutive rounds.
Thats a good point never looked at it that way.

A lot of the early rounds don't get me fired up this one certainly does.

el3mel

Well, finally an interesting early cup tie draw. Can't complain.

croadyman

Thats a good point never looked at it that way.

A lot of the early rounds don't get me fired up this one certainly does.
Someone made a good point that they have Spurs away in the league afterwards whereas we are at home to Sheff Utd but knowing the rivalry between us I find it unlikely they will play an under strength side

el3mel

The talking about our bad luck in draws is honestly a hyperbole. The only cup run I would say we had a terrible draw in was the Fa Cup 2 years ago when we faced Arsenal, Chelsea and Wolves away in a row.

Otherwise it's just normal routine in these cups.

cyberman

Beat them Sunday, put our foot on their neck in this tie.
End them for the season

Okey

Our luck in these draws is truly rotten. Why not give the lads at Crawley a great day out against us? No Tiers will stop their fans lining up to welcome us for the game of their lives. Anyway, practice run on Sunday.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
United versus Liverpool is always a final. Both clubs will very likely go full-strength.
Klopp must be fuming that he can't play the backroom staff's teenage sons against Wrexham and now he has to use the bigboys this early in the competition.

croadyman

Our luck in these draws is truly rotten. Why not give the lads at Crawley a great day out against us? No Tiers will stop their fans lining up to welcome us for the game of their lives. Anyway, practice run on Sunday.
Yeah I was hoping for that kind of result as well, the mad thing is Bruno hasn't faced the scousers yet and now will be doing twice in a week and make no mistake he will be really fired up for these two

Deery

Dreary
Might as well play Liverpool as to play anyone else, looking forward to it.

Bring it on..

croadyman

Might as well play Liverpool as to play anyone else, looking forward to it.

Bring it on..
Would have preferred them later so could give the two new boys an opportunity in this competition

Deery

Dreary
Would have preferred them later so could give the two new boys an opportunity in this competition
You think Diallo is going straight into the first team?

I thought maybe he was one for the future.

croadyman

I feel there was a possibility of that happening if he had a good two weeks training but not now with this draw

Deery

Dreary
I feel there was a possibility of that happening if he had a good two weeks training but not now with this draw
Naw, not now we’ll just have to beat Liverpool and throw him in against Crawley in the next round :keano:

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

You can be one for the future and have in immediate impact too. It’s a bit of a blow that we likely won’t have any easy games now all season.

Deery

Dreary
You can be one for the future and have in immediate impact too. It’s a bit of a blow that we likely won’t have any easy games now all season.
If he’s good enough he’ll get a game against somebody maybe only as a sub, but am sure Ole will put him on at some point to please fans.

OhGee

I’ll bet Pool are more worried about the draw than us

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Yes!

Who can forget Martial's debut goal against Liverpool?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
For years under SAF we always drew prem teams but at home. We'd moan it was another prem team, oppos would gripe that we had yet another home tie.
Twice against Pool in a week will be fun.

Bwuk

Always rather play the big teams. If we win we knock out one of the favourites, and if we lose we’ve got less fixtures to fulfil if we do challenge for the title.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It’s better to knock the big boys in pre semi than getting them in semi. Let’s knock them out and get doncaster or Blackpool in semi.

ti vu

Wonder if people on here will be happy to lose this game like the City semi final game.
Yes for me. Getting the disappointing result against City out of my system quick enough. No big deal in this circumstances.

At this rate, even if we get past them, and Moyes, we will continue get tough draw with how other strong teams are getting favorable draw.

Do the same with EL This season.

If games keep getting rescheduled and we're in these cups, our schedule would be fecked. Not worth it. Focus in the league. We have a chance, and bigger prize.

always_hoping

I’ll bet Pool are more worried about the draw than us
They certainly won't want to get knocked out of the FA Cup by United and Klopps record in the FA Cup will have them worried.

From a United point of view, It's annoyance to draw them so soon in the competition, an easier tie on paper would have allowed a number of starters to be rested in this busy schedule. That's not going to happen now.

Why on earth do the 5th round as well. Have they don’t that before?

I don’t like it.
First time to happen. Its to allow clubs arrange their fixtures. A lot of congestion going on at the moment.

Ladron de redcafe

Yes for me. Getting the disappointing result against City out of my system quick enough. No big deal in this circumstances.

At this rate, even if we get past them, and Moyes, we will continue get tough draw with how other strong teams are getting favorable draw.

Do the same with EL This season.

If games keep getting rescheduled and we're in these cups, our schedule would be fecked. Not worth it. Focus in the league. We have a chance, and bigger prize.
I agree with you. I wouldn't want to lose to Liverpool, but an early loss here frees up some space in the calender to rest and focus on our premier League campaign. The schedule is as tight as it can be at the moment and there's very little time for rest between matches. An early exit (rather than a deep cup run and losing in the semi final) allows the team to have breathers in what is going to be a brutal season.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Happy with the draw. If we can beat them great, if not it's one more pointless cup we are out of. Which in turn allows us to concentrate on the one trophy that matters and which we have a good chance of getting with maximum wins from now till May.

Tallis

Not very intimidated by the current Liverpool side. I think we should bore them for 75 minutes and then have Maguire score a header in the last 15 in one game and have Bruno score penalty in other. Will teach them a lesson.!

Red_toad

Not very intimidated by the current Liverpool side. I think we should bore them for 75 minutes and then have Maguire score a header in the last 15 in one game and have Bruno score penalty in other. Will teach them a lesson.!
2 Bruno penalties would be ideal, feck Klopp off big style :lol:

Ludens the Red

They certainly won't want to get knocked out of the FA Cup by United and Klopps record in the FA Cup will have them worried.

From a United point of view, It's annoyance to draw them so soon in the competition, an easier tie on paper would have allowed a number of starters to be rested in this busy schedule. That's not going to happen now.

First time to happen. Its to allow clubs arrange their fixtures. A lot of congestion going on at the moment.
Its actually not worked out too badly to be honest. We face Sheff Utd in the midweek after. I’d like to think we can make changes for that game and still win quite comfortably. Liverpool however go to Spurs in the midweek after.

jackal&hyde

Our "B" team is stronger then theirs imo. I can see us winning this without too much trouble.