FA Cup Quarter Finals - SF: Brighton vs United

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
The semi is the weekend after the away leg of Sevilla tie.
City will be away to Bayern the Wednesday night before.

Maybe we'd be better off avoiding them should we progress

Sylar

So this Blackburn dude gets a yellow and will miss the semi final. If they are still winning with a minute left, he gets a second yellow and will instead miss the next league game and be available for the semi final :lol:

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
Sheffield have some lovely players

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
This game makes me want to watch non-prem more. Been excellent

RedfromIreland

So this Blackburn dude gets a yellow and will miss the semi final. If they are still winning with a minute left, he gets a second yellow and will instead miss the next league game and be available for the semi final :lol:
I couldn’t believe it when I heard that earlier.

Manncunian

Can anyone explain to me how the ref deemed it appropriate to effectively double the injury time from 4 minutes to 8?!

There was no injury post 90mins, only a goal which took about one minute of time to restart etc. They make it up as they go along.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Brighton are a great watch, consistently. Hope they grab a place in Europe somehow.

top1whoisman

Scout
Should their keeper have been sent off?
That was a quick VAR check, guess they saw an angle that showed the ball to cross with the white line. Like the ones at the WC and our game recently. Looked like it was out of the box live and on replays.

cj_sparky

Should their keeper have been sent off?
It looked like it was handball to me. For all the money involved in the Premiership (it is that VAR system being used), the quality of images/angles at the VAR officials disposal are awful.

Man-United

Absurd rules. Who come up with that stuff?!

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
was thinking if we beat Fulham it might be better to get city in the semi…..but Maybe Brighton will beat city?

I think Brighton would be the worst draw for us in the semis

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Ferguson is our big hope. Desperate to see him start v France next week

Pintu

Brighton City would be a nice draw... But it would make our eventual FA Cup winning run a bit meh. I'd take that, we haven't really had the easy route in the EL. 3 Cups will still be a great season.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Brighton City would be a nice draw... But it would make our eventual FA Cup winning run a bit meh. I'd take that, we haven't really had the easy rout in the EL. 3 Cups will still be a great season.
Can you remember Arsenal’s road to the final in 2019? Chelsea in 2012? Liverpool in 2006?

No I haven’t got a clue either.

top1whoisman

Scout
If this was FM, De Zerbi would so get the question about subbing Ferguson off when he was on a hat trick.

Sylar

Am I the only one that would want to face city in the semi final if we get through?